Monday, September 7, 2009

HAPPY LABOR DAY - 2009

PERSONAL

I awoke this morning at 7:15am to a 3+ after 8h+ hrs of sleep. And no lower back pain. I put out my flag with the yellow ribbons under a cloudy damp 48 degree sky. I then came in for a couple of massages and coffees. I will be clearing off a lot of the blog, as I will be starting over today as I am 1 Year and 2 days old today. I will not clear out the LDN reporting only, so today WILL be a vry shor blog. Judi and I went to the Milwaukie Elks and played Bingo last night, at the invite of good friend Jose and it was for a good cause. We didn't see Jose but had a good time anyway. Judi fixed me more Dijon Chicken and rice and it was great also. My day yesterday was a 4+ again, and I think my getting out for bingo was the cause, even though I didn't win the big one, I still felt it was a good outing, and I lasted until 11pm.
My blog, has attracted a google spider? A spider that likes recipes, I can't really blame it, as I have sampled most all of them all I think, and Judi asked me to check out the front page of google as she MADE THE FRONT PAGE!

bestmeringuerecipes.com

Again, I will say thank you, to all those who joined my request for prayers for me, all my friends and relatives, and the men and women in the service of their State and Country.

I would ask everyone to continue the prayers that can. As I said in my original email, I AM living proof of good results. And as I am back to driving, and not just golf balls, all those OTHER drivers will need those prayers.

My daily prayer, is to Mary Mother of God…..”O Most Blessed Mother, heart of love, heart of mercy, ever listening, caring, consoling, hear OUR prayer. As your children we implore your intercession with Jesus your Son. Receive with understanding and compassion the petitions we place before you today, especially for my dear friend Dianna and all in need.
We are comforted in knowing your heart is ever open to those who ask for your prayer. We trust to your care and intercession, those whom we love and who are sick or lonely or hurting. Help ALL of us, to bear our burdens in this life until we may share eternal life and peace with God forever, Amen.”

LDN REPORT

This is my attempt to keep track of my experiences with my LDN treatment for my Neurologist and his RN. My first 4.5mg LDN was last night and I know I've been experiencing better days.

My NCA was impressed at my last visit, I believe next time he will be amazed . I thought I put that next appointment in my palm but I didn't see it. I did give his office a call and my next appointment is the 21st. He did his adjustments and commented on the fact that I was not as sensitive as past visits and he showed me the neck traction device and how to set it up, I still have yet to try it though, but I will be giving it a try soon. He also commented on my “gait” and mobility. I have done a lot of walking the lately and I do believe this new pill, and his supplements are helping. I did also give his phone number to niece Heidi and I sure hope he can help her as much as he has helped me.

POLITICAL

DON'T MISS THE PRESIDENTS ADDRESS WEDNESDAY !

One person that I am really rooting for is a gentleman that is running for a seat on the Metro Board. I have personally worked with him on many issues, and based on what I have seen from my lazy boy observation chair, (Metro Council Meetings are televised), he sure is needed there. This candidate's name is Duke Sheppard, and I will do everything and anything I can do to help. (even from my scooter)

Judi and I have been talking and we are considering putting on a “Deaf Frog Dinner” at the Mehrens Clackamas County estate, after all she is a Culinary Institute Chef and I am considered an excellent host, right? Would you take a chance on it?

I still don't know yet, if the “soft landing” bill is done but that is one issue I will keep harping on until I am sure. I guess I could go to the Senators website and there may be something on it there.

YELLOW RIBBON SECTION

When I relate to anyone the story of our Guard members being charged for internet access; everyone I speak to is as disgusted as I. I quit talking about it at the health care rally as those “professional rallyists” were ready go off on a tear, and we need to get this health care done first.
By the way; I mean no disrespect for putting the yellow ribbon on my flag pole holder, The flag comes in at night but I plan to leave the ribbon there until Daniel comes over to untie the knot.

At the 11th Hour, on the 11th Day, of the 11th Month a cease fire was signed to end the war to end all wars in 1918. How's that worked out so far?

SAVE PUTTS PALACE

Over 50 years ago my uncle “Putt” built a cabin at Georgetown Lake in Montana, (Putts Palace). His cabin at the lake and many others like it developed recreational areas for the use of just regular citizens. And while doing this they protected the environment for future generations. He was not a RADICAL ENVROMENTALIST, he was just a mechanic, a Pearl Harbor Survivor with kids that liked fishing.
He believed everyone owned the lake and deserved access to the Public Lands and then came the “Summer Homes” at the lake, and now thanks to those “absent owners” it appears they are “buying” (LOBBYING) to price the riff-raff out of their real “cabins”. I am not sure if I'm part of the riff, or part of the raff, but as they yelled out the windows in that old famous movie........”I'm mad as hell, and I'm not taking it any more!”

SPORTS

I still think Felix Hernandez is a Cy Young leader right now in the American league, and after his excellent last outing (win #14) he should be adding to that lead.

The Mariners are back to winning and I hope they keep it up. I really hope they can extend their season.

I also still think Carlos Zambrano is the Cy Young leader in the National league.

Also, now knowing I am related to a RAMS coach, GO ST. LOUIS, and I would advise all of you FFB people drafting RAMS players is probably going to be a good move, even though I don't know Paul that well I do know Patti Ann and Bill are first class motivators. I finally got my name and password straight at NFL.COM

COMMUNITY ORGANIZERS

The American Rights at Work still needs help.The National Guard, the USO?

L. C. S. A. - Labors Community Service Agency

M.A.C.G. Metropolitan Alliance for Common Good (Tom, Terry, Frances, we need to talk.) Frances; welcome back from the D.R. I'm not sure who did it, but I am now on their email list and I received a “monthly” newsletter.

Here's two, from what I consider the top of the list, the OSBT (Oregon State Building Trades) and the NWOLC (Northwest Oregon Labor Council). Judy O'Connor told me she is retiring and Her and Tony are moving to Montana. I have also set aside October 10th and I sure hope her and Tony are in town. I have known Judy, and Tony since Lon Immel, Ron Fortune and Bud Barnes. They taught her well, she learned even better; but I WAS the one to teach her to dance. She will definitely be missed and hard to replace, but whomever does, they will do fine, with aid from everyone.

OTHER STUFF AND COMMUNICATIONS
“GET 'ER DONE” - SOFT LANDING ! And give them back their $40.00!

So it wasn't bad enough our Men and Women in the Guard got nicked $40.00 before they shipped out NOW they have to pay $65.00 a month for internet access. RON....JEFF.....PATTY.....MARIA.....EARL.....BRIAN, CAN'T YOU DO SOMETHING ABOUT THAT !

Desert Heaven; It's officially out there now......... here's where the sales page is: http://bestmeringuerecipes.com

On my HERO list, my newest member is Judy O'Connor. I hope to see you all at the Labor Day Picnic, and I am heading out shortly, (it better not rain) and it is sure fitting she is on my list on today. Maybe, there will be an elected official or two even?

Please, I hope everyone can share the American Rights at Work, the MS walk, the March of Dimes walk, the long awaited and past due - The Epilepsy Run/Walk
Team: The Epilepsy Slayers at http://efnw.kintera.org/faf/r.asp?t=3&i=307542 and the Recovery websites; so my taxes and donations can be utilized to their fullest extent.

Whether you attend a church service, a Mosque, GLBT gathering, or Synagogue service, please say a prayer that God; yours, mine or ours; keeps our service men and women in the Palm of their hand. (Dianna, Jim, Maria, Hayden, Maggie, Kelli and her brother also), don't forget the extra one, maybe two, aw lets do three for Dianna, and maybe an extra one for the families of those Oregon Guardsmen.

If your not moved by this story, you can't be moved.....I know Jose is........Subject: Former migrant worker did safely blast into space, "Si Se Puede!" He is up there right now!

http://www.oregonlive.com/news/index.ssf/2009/08/former_migrant_worker_about_to.html

Mike; My “short” blog is still to long, but I didn't get a count today, and thanks to you, my golf excursions, Jerry and Tim, John and Bob and the guys; remembering Mom and Dad, I am feeling a good 3.5 so far today. It is September 7th and even with all my edits I am way still too long. I am coming one year and two days of this blog and maybe that is the time to start over?

Hope to see you all at a dry Oaks Park Monday to celebrate Labor Day.

Now don't forget to say your prayers. I'll see you next time on my blog

No comments: