Thursday, October 29, 2009

ALL IS WELL - THANKS FOR THE PRAYERS

SPECIAL EDITION

PERSONAL:

Judi just heard from the Dr. and all is well. The spot was calcium and they believe they got it all.

Thanks for all your prayers and good thoughts.

YELLOW RIBBON SECTION:

I spoke with nephew Daniel from Iraq this morning and he is doing well and they are wondering about the "Soft Landing Bill". I am sending the following letter out by snail mail and email and would ask for you to also.


Senator Peter Courtney
Senate President
900 Court St. NE, S-201
Salem, Or. 97301

Dear Senator Courtney;
I am writing on behalf of our men and women in the Oregon National Guard. I was fortunate to hear your speech at the Muster of our troops at the Memorial Coliseum prior to their deployment to Iraq. your words “We've got your back” are still ringing in my ears.
I understand the “Soft Landing Bill” passed both Houses of the Oregon Legislature unanimously, thank You. I understand that there is something that must be completed at the National level (D.C.) for it to become law. I also understand that getting that done is in the capable hands of Senator Wyden.

I spoke with my nephew in Iraq this morning and our troops are wondering if A) is the “soft landing” complete and B) when will it take affect?

If the Oregon Legislature truly has their backs, would you encourage the rest of the Legislature to contact any and all they can in Washington D.C. To “Get 'er Done”?

Respectfully;

William W. “Wally” Mehrens
11817 SE 119th Ave.
Clackamas, Oregon 97086

cc: Senator Rick Metsger, District 26
900 Court St. NE, S-315Salem, OR 97301

Representative Brent Barton, District 51
900 Court St. NE, H-386
Salem, OR, 97301

Senator Ron Wyden D-Or.

No comments: