Saturday, December 12, 2009

I guess Ron quit reading my Blog?

PERSONAL

I awoke this morning at 5am, to a 3 after 9+hrs of sleep. It is about 28 degrees this morning. I took my am pills and put my flag out after the sun came up. I did hear from Daniel last night and he sounded really good. He is anxious to get home and I am anxious to see him. The threat of ice and or snow did not materialize last night.
The Democrats are still busy patting themselves on the back for passing health care reform. Personally I wouldn't consider it a win in my book.
I did get the BULL booklet from last year and it was well done again. They did have a nice picture of Judi & I at the auction. While the other pictures did give both names of the couples pictured they did not name Judi. I guess I shouldn't complain though as they couldn't even spell my name right as a winning team member on the North Course. I still don't like the name change and I will still ask Jim when was I fired from the Board. Tim G. did tell me they did want me back on the Board as the 2010 tourney and Auction will be the 20th . It's hard to believe we started it Twenty years ago.

If President Obama signs the health care bill without a public option I will be VERY disappointed.
I still need to send an email to Senator Wyden because there is one important point that I have not heard made, still. The Republicans main argument is that Doctors will stop taking patients because the Medicare reimbursement rate is only 87%. The Democrats are making the argument that health care costs have caused over 45,000 bankruptcies. Isn't 87% of something better than the 0% from bankruptcies? The arguments the Republicans are making is that it's too easy to declare bankruptcy so the fight is on about Banking reform now and they will get back to health care Monday. I have to say again, Lloyd and his help from All in One Mobility did a wonderful job.
I will again repeat one of my Dads favorite poems, Around the Corner, that brother Mike was kind enough to send me. And the following poem that was distributed at Zowies funeral:

God grant that I may live to fish until my dying day, And when it comes to my last cast
I then must humbly pray. When in the Lord's safe landing net I'm peacefully asleep.
That in His mercy, I be judged............Good enough to keep.

AROUND THE CORNER
Charles Hanson Towne (1877-1949)


Around the corner I have a friend, In this great city that has no end;Yet days go by, and weeks rush on, And before I know it, a year is gone, And I never see my old friend’s face, For life is a swift and terrible race.He knows I like him just as well, As in the days when I rang his bell And he rang mine.
We were younger then, And now we are busy, tired men; Tired with trying to make a name Tired with playing a foolish game; ‘Tomorrow,’ I say, ‘I will call on Jim, Just to show that I’m thinking of him.’ But tomorrow comes and tomorrow goes, And the distance between us grows and grows. Around the corner!— yet miles away ...‘Here’s a telegram, sir. Jim died today.’
And that’s what we get and deserve in the end; Around the corner, a vanished friend.

My daily prayer, is to Mary Mother of God…..”O Most Blessed Mother, heart of love, heart of mercy, ever listening, caring, consoling, hear OUR prayer. As your children we implore your intercession with Jesus your Son. Receive with understanding and compassion the petitions we place before you today, especially for the safe return of my Nephew Daniel from Iraq, and all in need. We are comforted in knowing your heart is ever open to those who ask for your prayer. We trust to your care and intercession, those whom we love and who are sick or lonely or hurting. Help ALL of us, to bear our burdens in this life until we may share eternal life and peace with God forever, Amen.”
Thank You, Mother Mary, for your help and assistance.

I know I have been repeating things, maybe too much, on my blog; but some of this stuff I need to be reminded of and some of this stuff others need to be reminded of, and I've cleared a lot so far.

LDN REPORT

This is my attempt to keep track of my experiences with my LDN treatment for my Neurologist and his RN. So far with the 4.5mg I think I'm noticeably better. I am experiencing better days and now that I'm doing the new dosage I am seeing a marked change. I have now been on that brand new FDA approved pill, Aminopyridine, and I have increased it to 4. It is supposed to be good for “gait” issues, even those with primary progressive. I'm not jogging but I have been doing a lot of walking and it is a help for me getting into my new shower. It is apparently another pill that Kaiser Pharmacy does not “compound”.

POLITICAL

How is it, our country is spreading “democracy” around the world, and because of a few U.S. Senators we don't even seem to practice it here in our own country.

I think; with over 60% of the American public supporting health care reform, including a public option, the Democrats sure dropped it (health care reform) in the dirt as far as I'm concerned.

I am convinced ALL this health care “controversy” that is being generated was to take the publics mind off of the Employee Free Choice Act, American Rights at Work, “card check” legislation. Hmmmmmn

I still don't know yet, if the “soft landing” bill is done but that is one issue I will keep harping on until I am sure.

Did you know that there were more vets that died last year because they didn't have health care, than have died in both the Iraq and Afghanistan Wars?

OK, what did YOU do for the National Guard today. Daniel's wife Trina is still helping, with Daniel in the Middle East. How about getting all our service people their overdue raise. I've been told that her fund raising efforts went very well and the packages they put together are on the way to Iraq, However I also heard a number of businesses in Vancouver that wrote checks to help, that their checks BOUNCED.

Still sooooo many cages to rattle and wheel squeaking, remaining; and me with only a three wheel scooter!

By the way; You don't have to be a ”wheel” to get heard, just squeak for a while.
Bring our people home! ( THIS IS AN OFFICIAL SQUEAK ! )

YELLOW RIBBON SECTION

If you go to this website, http://wwwLetsSayThanks.com you can pick out a thank you card and Xerox will print it and it will be sent to a soldier that is currently serving in Iraq. You can't pick out who gets it, but it will go to a member of the armed services.
Check www.LetsSayThanks.com often to read feedback from the troops about the Let's Say Thanks program!

We now have one nephew in Iraq and one nephew in Afghanistan. Be safe, hurry home.

At the 11th Hour, on the 11th Day, of the 11th Month a cease fire was signed to end the war to end all wars in 1918. How's that worked out so far?

I am getting very disappointed in the President, because, at least in my mind, the Military Industrial Complex, Insurance Industry and Banks still seem to be in charge!

SPORTS

Felix Hernandez is my Cy Young leader in the American league; Carlos Zambrano is my Cy Young pick in the National league, but of course I don't have a vote.

And yes; I still think the Ducks are for real! Isn't it appropriate that the BCS system is drawing the attention of Congress as they don't have anything more important to do.

The loss of Greg Oden hasn't had too bad an affect on the Blazers, but they sure could have used him in Cleveland.

COMMUNITY ORGANIZERS & CHARITIES

Judi is getting started on the M.S. Walk in April already, if you want to become a member of Wally's Walkers, just get hold of us.

The Cancer Center at Providence Hospital, as I know they were definitely a comfort to Dianna, her family and friends those last days. Their pink gloves advertisement is great.

M.D.A. is also an awesome organization, including the Gales Creek Foundation. In large part to the efforts of Don and Sandy Getman.

The American Rights at Work still needs help. We must not take our eye off the MAIN issue. E.F.C.A.

The U.A. Local 290 “Don Salee” Member Assistance Program.

The National Guard, the USO and the Salvation Army

L.C.S.A. - Labors Community Service Agency

The OSBT – Oregon State Building Trades Council, AFL-CIO

OTHER STUFF AND COMMUNICATIONS
“GET 'ER DONE” - SOFT LANDING ! And give them back their money, and their overdue raise!

Whether you attend a church service, a Mosque, GLBT gathering, or Synagogue service, please say a prayer that God; yours, mine or ours; keeps our service men and women in the Palm of their hand.

Mike; My “short” blog is just over 3 pages again today. Now don't forget to say your prayers and I'll see you next time on my blog.

No comments: