Thursday, April 15, 2010

STORES REPORT SHORTAGE OF TEA BAGS - It is Tax Day after all.

PERSONAL

I awoke today at 5:45am after 9+hrs of sleep to a 3+. I took my am pills. And put out my flag when the sun came up. I will be short and repetitive as I plan to attend my retiree meeting at 10am. WELCOME HOME DANIEL! Only 2 days until the M.S. Walk. I am not sure how much the M.S. Walk will take out of me that day but I am still going to attempt to make it and get in shape for the festivities on the 20th when Daniel gets here for the demobilization ceremony. I went to the barber yesterday and got a “military” haircut for Daniels Demobilization Ceremony. It's not quite a Gibbs (NCIS) cut but it is short. If you don't see me at Tom's gathering on the 17th is not because I have any less enthusiasm for his race. It is just that with my M.S. I have committed to (scoot), and make the M.S. Walk.
Cousin Larry Pahut is running for Justice of the Peace in Deer Lodge County, that would be a picture of his grandfather there on the right, John L. Monahan, L for Larry? . His sister, Patty Ann Sullivan is his Campaign Manager and we became face book friends. I am going to send him a check and would ask all to give what they can. (campaign H.Q. Are 400 Spruce, Anaconda, Montana 59711)
We have a health care bill and the president signed it before Easter Sunday. The republicans are lining up to take him on, on it. I still believe that it will put an exclamation point on the Easter season with the statement, “I AM MY BROTHERS KEEPER”.
I hope this link works; it will tell you a little about how we in Oregon are effected, you can also check your own state: http://my.barackobama.com/page/content/benefitsofreform?state=OR&email=wallymehrens%40netscape.net

I had dinner last night at Gloria'z, ( good NY Steak with salad and tater tots), Judi was going to join Maurge for a play and I wanted to save her the shock of my haircut, I actually like it but I did feel the cold even more this morning than when Debbie cut it the last time. I don't know if I will be off to the retiree meeting before she gets up, if not I hope it's not too big of a shock to her system.

God grant that I may live to fish until my dying day, And when it comes to my last cast I then must humbly pray. When in the Lord's safe landing net I'm peacefully asleep.That in His mercy, I be judged............Good enough to keep.

My daily prayer, is to Mary Mother of God…..”O Most Blessed Mother, heart of love, heart of mercy, ever listening, caring, consoling, hear OUR prayer. As your children we implore your intercession with Jesus your Son. Receive with understanding and compassion the petitions we place before you today, for nephew DANIEL'S safe return, nephew Rhyon in Afghanistan, nephew Christopher who I think is headed for Afghanistan, All those families suffering from that mine disaster in West Virginia, cousin Larry Pahut in his endeavor to become the Deer Lodge County Justice of the Peace; and all in need. We are comforted in knowing your heart is ever open to those who ask for your prayer. We trust to your care and intercession, those whom we love and who are sick or lonely or hurting. Help ALL of us, to bear our burdens in this life until we may share eternal life and peace with God forever, Amen.”
Thank You, Mother Mary, for your help and assistance, especially for a WELCOME HOME DANIEL! and Brandee, whose pregnancy is going well; and now those, NOW covered with Health Care.

I know I have been repeating things, maybe too much, on my blog; but some of this stuff I need to be reminded of and some of this stuff others need to be reminded of.

LDN and AMP REPORT

This is my attempt to keep track of my experiences with my LDN treatment for my Neurologist and his RN. So far with the 4.5mg, I think I'm noticeably better. I am experiencing better days and now that I'm doing the new dosage I am seeing a marked change. I have now been on that brand new FDA approved pill, Aminopyridine, even though I missed a few times, and I am very pleased. It is supposed to be good for “gait” issues, even those with primary progressive. I still have to check up on that new pill (AMPYRA). My B.P. is ( 133/94/56) at 7:30am, I hope it makes my Doctors happy.

POLITICAL

I planned on adding a new section on April 1st for my own comments on personal issues, WELCOME HOME DANIEL!, maybe Irish issues, Daniel IS Irish? Did you know some of the first victims of the K.K.K. In Oregon were Irish Catholics.

LOCAL

WELCOME HOME DANIEL!

LARRY PAHUT FOR DEER LODGE COUNTY JUSTICE OF THE PEACE.

Yes, I am a fan of and supporter of , Tom Margraf for Multnomah County Commission. His experience in getting things done for and with other Elected es and Communities would be an invaluable asset for the County. IT'S TIME FOR TOM !

Cheryl Myers for State Rep. (I have a corner lot, 2 signs are fine with me)

One of the most consistent elected officials supporting the Columbia River Crossing has been Rex Burkholder, help him out if you can. Send him some help at METRO, in the form of Duke Sheppard. Earl Blumenhauer, has been there for us also and he did look and sound very good on the Big Ed Show. I will get a check off as soon as I can; Representative Kurt Schrader, Representative Peter Defazio, I think right now anyway, need to be sent back to congress also.

Don't forget to respond to the census as there are 37 governors elections this year and we can't let them Gerrymander congressional districts and end up like we did in the 90's. Ours is in the mail. One of those 37 is right here in Oregon and I'm sure, keeping a Democrat in the Governors Mansion is Paramount. One that actually believes in GOOD JOBS.

The Building Trades did, and I am, endorsing John Kitzhaber for Governor, Health Care passed congress and having a Dr. in the Governors Mansion should be an advantage for Oregon. His campaign H.Q. Is over at SE 30th and Division and could use some bodies and supplies. It's also time to get your lawn signs up.

I haven't changed my mind that ALL that health care “controversy” that was being generated was to take the publics mind off of the Employee Free Choice Act, American Rights at Work, “card check” legislation. I do believe passage of the E.F.C.A. might have made quite a difference in that West Virginia, accident. I also heard that that a$$&*$# company owner refused to allow UNION MINORS to try to help.

I still don't know yet, if the “soft landing” bill is done but that is one issue I will keep harping on until I am sure. Given the chance, if Ron is at the Demobilization function on the 20th you can be sure I will ask. WELCOME HOME DANIEL!

Did you know that there were more vets that died last year because they didn't have health care, than died in both the Iraq and Afghanistan Wars? I was really surprised that I didn't hear anyone point that out in the debates that I saw.YELLOW

RIBBON SECTION

WELCOME HOME DANIEL!

Hurry home, and be safe Rhyon.

Christopher is taking after his dad in the “chef” department.

Larry Roberta, a reclusive Aumsville veteran whose story of health problems from hexavalent chromium exposure in The Oregonian alerted his fellow soldiers, most of whom live between Forest Grove, McMinnville and Gresham. Roberta's testimony before the Oregon Legislature last year helped create a fund for soldiers who develop cancer as a result of this exposure, and if you noticed I now have a follower with the same name. Roberta, 44, has also launched the Web site www.qarmat-ali-vets.com, which includes a logo of an orange ribbon with a skull and crossbones., is the one that all with friends and family in Iraq, should visit.

Check www.LetsSayThanks.com often to read feedback from the troops about the Let's Say Thanks program!

If you have an American Flag please fly it on Tuesday the 20th of April as a lot of our Guardsmen and Women will be arriving home.

At the 11th Hour, on the 11th Day, of the 11th Month a cease fire was signed to end the war to end all wars in 1918. How's that worked out so far? Did anyone else notice that the health care bill passed at 11:11 am?

SPORTS

Brandon Roy is sure in awesome company for the Trailblazers, in the number of All Star selections and the way he plays. They have been doing very well the last couple weeks, in spite of all those injuries. Andre Miller is also in special company with that 50+ point game. I wish the playoffs started already. Lamarcus A. is definitely ready

It's MLB Time and I watched some of and taped the rest of the Mariners Game last night. They are going to do an Honor our Veterans program, and with Dan in Ft. Lewis, Maybe?

Hey Chicago, what do ya say, go Cubs go, Cubs gonna win today!

Go Orioles, and Peter have your people keep an eye on that Mehrens kid that should be playing on Jackie Robinson Field down in Pasadena. The last time I checked they could use the help.

COMMUNITY ORGANIZERS & CHARITIES

WELCOME HOME DANIEL!

Judi is still working on the M.S. Walk, it comes , THIS SATURDAY. If you want to become a member of Wally's Walkers, the link has been updated. The walk is on April 17, 10 a.m., Pioneer Courthouse Square. http://walkorc.nationalmssociety.org/site/TR?pg=teamlist&fr_id=13001
If folks want to join, they can just go to that page, scroll down to Wally's Walkers, and then click on the "join team" link.

Denise Hutzenbieler will be looking for help in June as she is walking in the Epilepsy walk. I will post more on that walk as I get it.

Thank You; Dean and Gloria for your support, and all those wonderful patrons that root for me at Gloriaz there on Sunnyside. Thank you too Barbara O'.

FROM THE OREGON M.S. SOCIETY:

We look forward to seeing you in April. You’ll come together with more than 4,500 participants in Oregon and SW Washington in a movement to create a world free of MS! The fight to end MS is of such local importance as our region has one of the highest incidence rates of MS in the country. You play an important and personal role in achieving our goal of $593,000 to fund research and comprehensive, life-enhancing services to more than 7,000 people with MS and their families in our Chapter area.
Click to find all the items you will need to help get you started. You’ll find all of the Walk information and tools (walk guide, pledge forms, receipt pads, etc) to help you generate support and meet your fundraising goal. Check out www.walkmsoregon.com for more information on Walk MS. Interested in forming a team? This information can be found on the left side of the Walk page, under Teams. If you have any questions, please contact me at 503.445.8342.
Thank you again for your commitment to the Movement.
Jennifer MainsDevelopment Coordinator -Walk MS and Individual Giving National Multiple Sclerosis SocietyOregon Chapter503.445.8342jenniferm@defeatms.com

The American Rights at Work still needs help. We must not take our eye off that MAIN issue. E.F.C.A. Especially in light of that mine disaster in West Virginia.

The U.A. Local 290 “Don Salee” Member Assistance Program.

OTHER STUFF AND COMMUNICATIONS
“GET 'ER DONE” - SOFT LANDING ! And give them back their money, and their overdue raise!


WELCOME HOME DANIEL!

Something to Ponder - were you a pessimist when you thought “ it just can't get any worse” or did you just become an optimist?

Whether you attend a church service, a Mosque, GLBT gathering, or Synagogue service, please say a prayer that God; yours, mine or ours; keeps our service men and women in the Palm of their hand.

Mike; My blog is just over 6 pages again today, I think. I'm on. I'll see you next time on my blog.

And thank you again all you at Gloriaz; left side of 130th+- and Sunnyside.

No comments: