Friday, August 6, 2010

VOTING RIGHTS ACT 45; YEARS OLD TODAY!

PERSONAL

I slept in this morning until 9am today after 11+hrs of sleep to a 3-. I slept in and got all that sleep because my 2 nephews worked my buns off supervising the pressure washing of the deck. Steve and Cody did a heck of a job and Steve is pretty sure they can finish it today. Then a few days to dry and we actually may be able to start the stain Monday? Danni told me that there was a Sherwin Williams store over by the Town Center Mall. President Obama sent me an email, that, like President Roosevelt, that if he had the opportunity he would join a union. I am sure many Americans feel that way, but unfortunately, without The Employee Free Choice Act, they will not have the opportunity. Judi is going to fix some GUMBO and, if their schedule allows, Robbie and Stacy and Jeanann will join us for dinner Saturday night. The Tournament has a 50/50 drawing to help defray costs and our family is also 3-0. The relatives are in town (Vancouver) for the regional L.L. softball tournament which I understand will be lasting all week and, finishing, I think, at Alpenrose L.L. Field on the weekend. I did get my new L.G. phone operating; thank you Cody. I called Paul Phillips to sign up for the OSBT golf tourney, I sure hope my new driver gets here; and I am sending him my resume also. I think I will start work on “My Book” as suggested by Congressman Blumenhauer. I would also suggest to all my readers to Copy and Post the 5 great Myths about Social Security.

I hope cousin Mick's MRI went well last Friday. He is having some issues with his arms, and the MRI hopefully will be able to see just what is going on, please add him and cousin Mary Ellen to your prayers. I did email her and hope to hear something today.

I still believe the U of O is ANTI-UNION, and it appears to me now that they are not alone. Keep up the heat.

NEPHEW CHRISTOPHER IS IN AFGHANISTAN STILL, thank you for your service and you are in our prayers every day. It appears our prayers are being heard.

Cousin Larry Pahut's, run off election is in November and he will also need more help. I will say thank you to any and all that helped. That would be a picture of our grandfather there on the right, John L. Monahan, L for Larry? His sister, Patty Ann Sullivan is his Campaign Manager and must have done a fine job. I actually did send him a check, and saw that it had been cashed and would ask all to give what they can. (campaign H.Q. Are 400 Spruce, Anaconda, Montana 59711) Based on the fact he is in a run off they will probably still need more funds, maybe I'll get my checks from S.S. or Kaiser before November.

God grant that I may live to fish until my dying day, And when it comes to my last cast, I then must humbly pray. When in the Lord's safe landing net I'm peacefully asleep,that in His mercy, I be judged............Good enough to keep.

My daily prayer, is to Mary Mother of God…..”O Most Blessed Mother, heart of love, heart of mercy, ever listening, caring, consoling, hear OUR prayer. As your children we implore your intercession with Jesus your Son. Receive with understanding and compassion the petitions we place before you today, the welcoming of Uncle Sandy into the house of the Lord, for the safe return of nephew Christopher from Afghanistan; good family friend Pat Percin, cousin Larry Pahut in his endeavor to become the Deer Lodge County Justice of the Peace, cousin Mick; and all in need. We are comforted in knowing your heart is ever open to those who ask for your prayer. We trust to your care and intercession, those whom we love and who are sick or lonely or hurting. Help ALL of us, to bear our burdens in this life until we may share eternal life and peace with God forever, Amen.”
Thank You, Mother Mary, for your help and assistance, especially for BRINGING DANIEL HOME SAFELY, and protecting Christopher; for the safe delivery of Brandee's new baby girl,; and those, NOW covered with Health Care.

I know I have been repeating things, maybe too much, on my blog; but some of this stuff I need to be reminded of and some of this stuff others need to be reminded of.

M.S., LDN and AMP REPORT

This is my attempt to keep track of my experiences with my LDN treatment for my Neurologist and his RN. So far with the 4.5mg, I think I'm noticeably better, I have changed when I take it to coincide with my noon regimen. I am experiencing better days and now that I'm doing the new dosage I am seeing a marked change. I have now been on that brand new FDA approved pill, Aminopyridine, even though I missed a few times, I am very pleased. It is supposed to be good for “gait” issues, even those with primary progressive. My BP is 124/77/60 today at 11:15am.

POLITICAL

IF YOU ARE A READER FROM WASHING STATE, GET THOSE BALLOTS IN! AFTER ALL TODAY IS THE 45th ANNIVERSARY OF THE VOING RIGHTS ACT.

Top 5 Social Security Myths

Myth #1: Social Security is going broke.
Reality: There is no Social Security crisis.  By 2023, Social Security will have a $4.6 trillion surplus (yes, trillion with a 'T').  It can pay out all scheduled benefits for the next quarter-century with no changes whatsoever.1 After 2037, it'll still be able to pay out 75% of scheduled benefits—and again, that's without any changes. The program started preparing for the Baby Boomers' retirement decades ago.2Anyone who insists Social Security is broke probably wants to break it themselves.

Myth #2: We have to raise the retirement age because people are living longer.
Reality: This is a red-herring to trick you into agreeing to benefit cuts. Retirees are living about the same amount of time as they were in the 1930s. The reason average life expectancy is higher is mostly because many fewer people die as children than they did 70 years ago.3 What's more, what gains there have been are distributed very unevenly—since 1972, life expectancy increased by 6.5 years for workers in the top half of the income brackets, but by less than 2 years for those in the bottom half.4 But those intent on cutting Social Security love this argument because raising the retirement age is the same as an across-the-board benefit cut. 

Myth #3: Benefit cuts are the only way to fix Social Security. 
Reality: Social Security doesn't need to be fixed. But if we want to strengthen it, here's a better way: Make the rich pay their fair share.  If the very rich paid taxes on all of their income, Social Security would be sustainable for decades to come. Right now, high earners only pay Social Security taxes on the first $106,000 of their income.  But conservatives insist benefit cuts are the only way because they want to protect the super-rich from paying their fair share.

Myth #4: The Social Security Trust Fund has been raided and is full of IOUs
Reality: Not even close to true. The Social Security Trust Fund isn't full of IOUs, it's full of U.S. Treasury Bonds. And those bonds are backed by the full faith and credit of the United States. The reason Social Security holds only treasury bonds is the same reason many Americans do: The federal government has never missed a single interest payment on its debts. President Bush wanted to put Social Security funds in the stock market—which would have been disastrous—but luckily, he failed. So the trillions of dollars in the Social Security Trust Fund, which are separate from the regular budget, are as safe as can be.

Myth #5: Social Security adds to the deficit
Reality: It's not just wrong—it's impossible! By law, Social Security's funds are separate from the budget, and it must pay its own way. That means that Social Security can't add one penny to the deficit.

Defeating these myths is the first step to stopping Social Security cuts.

ELANA KAGAN IS ON THE SUPREME COURT; 63-37

If you have been following my blog you must be aware that I am not the happiest with the actions or inactions of Congress or the President but I truly believe that in his year and a half he has got more done for me and working men and women of this country than has been accomplished in decades.

Aug. 4, 2010

President Obama today told the AFL-CIO Executive Council: We are going to
rebuild our economy stronger than before, and at the heart of it will be three
simple words: Made in America.

Aug. 5, 2010

President Obama echoes Franklin D. Roosevelt, saying he would join a union. He
told the AFL-CIO Executive Council, "If I was a coal miner, I'd want a union
representing me to make sure that I was safe. If I was a teacher, I'd want a
union to make sure that the teachers' perspective was represented as we think
about shaping an education system for our future."

Why do you suppose that the mainstream news is spending soo much time reporting on the indiscretions of Congressman Rangle and Congresswoman Waters and almost nothing on Senator Vitter or that Senator from Nevada, Ensign. Could it be because the 2 congresspeople are African American and the 2 Senators are white?

LOCAL

Best wishes DR. JOHN and good luck. Instead of debating the issues, Chris Dudley is avoiding them – running glossy TV ads with empty slogans and stirring music. Oregonians deserve more: a real discussion about the issues between the candidates - and grassroots campaigns that take that discussion to the doorstep.

YELLOW RIBBON SECTION

ONE RIBBON STILL UP, FOR CHRISTOPHER
, be safe, hurry home. Brother Mike told me that brother Marty did hear from him yesterday and he is doing well.

If you can help the “Blue Star Families” and their attempt to build a special place for our families and friends buried up at Willamette National Cemetery. A walk/run/scoot beginning at Cleveland High School August 21st, at 7am is coming up, help if you can.

SOFT LANDING BILL

Please check the sites I have under YELLOW RIBBON as they all could use help.

If you are flying the American Flag, please keep flying it until ALL our Troops return home.

At the 11th Hour, on the 11th Day, of the 11th Month a cease fire was signed to end the war to end all wars in 1918. How's that worked out so far?

SPORTS
Montana LL.Softball All Stars undefeated still, it should be a good game today, being I was overworked yesterday and probably won't make it; the 50/50 is in the capable hands of Roberta..

It's MLB Time, Hey Chicago, what do ya say, go Cubs go, Cubs gonna win today,! Lou, we are going to miss you.

And yes Mark, I will check the Mariners schedule and try to get up there before the summers over, although their announcers have said they were in store to beat their worst record since they came into the league.

Speaking of struggling teams, besides the Cubs and Mariners; Go Orioles; and Peter have your people keep an eye on that Mehrens kid that is playing for the S. Cal Rangers, I have been trying to follow his progress on line and he definitely has the right stuff, although his team is really struggling. Based on what I've read he will be making a wonderful closer.

COMMUNITY ORGANIZERS & CHARITIES

The American Rights at Work still needs help. We must not take our eye off that MAIN issue, our two Senators haven't. E.F.C.A. Especially in light of that mine disaster in West Virginia and those Rig explosions in the Gulf.

The U.A. Local 290 “Don Salee” Member Assistance Program.

OTHER STUFF AND COMMUNICATIONS

****Thank You Mary Ellen****
May love and laughter light your days
And warm your heart and homes
May good and faithful friends be yours wherever you may roam
May peace and plenty bless your world with joy that long endures
May all life's passing seasons bring the best to you and yours

Whether you attend a church service, a Mosque, GLBT gathering, or Synagogue service, please say a prayer that God; yours, mine or ours; keeps our service men and women in the Palm of their hand.

Mike; My blog is 4 pages, and just over 2,100 words today, I think. I'll see you next time on my blog.

No comments: