Tuesday, December 7, 2010

BRIAN CONDIT IS MY FRIEND !!

PERSONAL:

I awoke this morning at 6am today after 8+hrs of sleep to a 3, took my pills, it was dry outside and 39 degrees. I went out and fed the birds the seed was gone from last night, but I did call the birds in but no sign of them, I think they are too fat to fly. I haven't changed over to my larger lap top yet but Judi says she has it ready to go, I still have to clean up my Nest here on the Lazy Boy. I still have to get a hold of the Molly Malone Irish Dance studio but I have to call sister Danni and get some shoe sizes. I did get an email from niece Erin and she is adamant that we exchange gifts for Christmas so when I get hold of Danni I better remember to get our name draws. I won't get the flag up until after 8am and we have some sunshine, I hope. I also heard from old friend Brian Condit who gave up his building trades position to work for New Mexico Governor Richardson on face book and on his page he sure looked relaxed. I do hope I can make my road trip this summer and see him.

I haven negotiated many contracts in my life with some real sleazeballs and I watched the Presidents message yesterday on the results of his negotiations with congress and from what I hear; while I am really disappointed he did get our unemployment extension but it sounds like the 99er's were left out. Getting just a 2year extension on all the Bush tax cuts should bode him and the Progressives well in the next election. But from the sounds of it I will still be adding to my “ZERO” list. Tom Delay is at his place on the “ZERO” list, it was well earned, being he IS a FELON now. It's no coincidence that the the Republican “Lame Duck Session” plan is to DELAY!!

Don't forget to say THANK YOU, to all those servicemen and women who have served or are serving. Christopher is back in Afghanistan and he is looking forward to taking down his yellow ribbon next summer; and a prayer a day for him from all my readers would sure make me feel better until then.

I will put the prayer to St. Jude in here again for Andrew McVey's Mother and because I didn't make it to Dick's funeral. I did get a real nice card from Dick's wife for the funeral spread we sent, so please add them to your prayers also.

** For Brother's Andrew's, Bill's and Dick's families **

Prayer to St. Jude for Eternal Life
You are my solace, St. Jude, in the face of loss and sorrow. I pray that you will guide my heart away from the darkness of fear and into the light of Christ. May the hope that St. Jude keeps alive in my heart be a source of comfort to all those who grieve. For in that hope, we know God's mercy, and we trust God's promise of eternal life. My soul longs for the fullness of life, which is only to be revealed when I meet my Maker in heaven. Stay by my side, St. Jude, so that my soul will always know the power of your healing love.
Amen.

God grant that I may live to fish until my dying day, And when it comes to my last cast, I then must humbly pray. When in the Lord's safe landing net I'm peacefully asleep, that in His mercy, I be judged............Good enough to keep.

**** My daily prayer, is to Mary Mother of God…..”O Most Blessed Mother, heart of love, heart of mercy, ever listening, caring, consoling, hear our prayer. As your children we implore your intercession with Jesus your Son. Receive with understanding and compassion the petitions we place before you today, the welcoming of Uncle Sandy, Frances's aunt, good friends Bob Spicher, Jim Fox, brother Dick Coyle, Andrew's Mother and good friend Bill Gallagers father into the house of the Lord; cousin Mick, nephew Arron, Kelli's Mom, good family friend Pat Percin, and those who are having health issues; protecting Christopher and Rhyon and all in need. We are comforted in knowing your heart is ever open to those who ask for your prayer. We trust to your care and intercession, those whom we love and who are sick or lonely or hurting. Help ALL of us, to bear our burdens in this life until we may share eternal life and peace with God forever, Amen.”
Thank You, Mother Mary, for your help and assistance, especially for BRINGING DANIEL HOME SAFELY,; for the safe delivery of Brandee's new baby girl, Larry's big win, Mick and Gloria; and those, NOW covered with Health Care.

I know I have been repeating things, apparently too much, on my blog; but some of this stuff I need to be reminded of and some of this stuff others need to be reminded of.

M.S. REPORT:

This is my attempt to keep track of my experiences with my LDN treatment for my Neurologist and his RN. So far with the 4.5mg, I think I'm noticeably better, I have changed the LDN to coincide with my noon regimen and I am experiencing better days now that I'm doing the L.D.N., at noon. I do get to start that brand new FDA approved pill, Ampyra, today, it is being delivered Fed Ex and unless they screw it up it is only supposed to be a $20 copay. My BP is 121/79/63 at 8:45am this morning. I did get a questionnaire on my satisfaction from my last visit with my neurologist but the space for my personal statement is to small so I will have to add my own little letter.

POLITICAL:

I read the Labor Press Friday and was very pleased that Governor Kitzhaber has chosen both John Mohlis, from the Building Trades and Barbara Byrd from the AFL-CIO for his transition team, when I went to breakfast at the farmhouse yesterday they had quite the crowd at the B.T. office and I wonder if they had a meeting there at the time; well Dr. John, Dianna is very proud !! I am going to try to make B.T. Today but I will wait for the Fed Ex delivery first.

CHECK OUT PAST BLOGS FOR THE Top 5 Social Security Myths. I am only going to list the first one from now on, as it is the biggest, as far as I'm concerned and I will save the space.

Myth #1: Social Security is going broke.
Reality: There is no Social Security crisis. By 2023, Social Security will have a $4.6 trillion surplus (yes, trillion with a 'T'
). It can pay out all scheduled benefits for the next quarter-century with no changes whatsoever. After 2037, it'll still be able to pay out 75% of scheduled benefits—and again, that's without any changes. The program started preparing for the Baby Boomers' retirement decades ago. Anyone who insists Social Security is broke probably wants to break it themselves.

The nation's retirement deficit; the gap between your current pension/retirement savings and what you should have for retirement--is a staggering $6.6 trillion. Yet there are calls to cut Social Security, fewer people have pensions and 401(k)s have been decimated. It's time to wake up Washington and tell lawmakers to keep their hands off of Social Security and FIX our patchwork private retirement system.

Well, here we go......(John Bohener as Speaker of the house), BACK to the BUSH years? (that is in this new Contract on America) Do you suppose he is one of the protégées of Delay?

If your looking for that little piece that was forwarded from my Uncle Hank; you will have to also check the past blog, “NO, HELL NO”!

MY MOST IMPORTANT SECTION!!

YELLOW RIBBON SECTION:

NEPHEW CHRISTOPHER IS BACK IN AFGHANISTAN, DAMN AND I THINK NEPHEW RHYON IS HEADING BACK THERE TOO
. I watched the President address the troops at Bagram Airfield in Afghanistan saying thank you for your service and you are in our prayers every day. It does appear our prayers are being heard.

ONE RIBBON STILL UP, FOR CHRISTOPHER.

DON'T FORGET, THE SOFT LANDING BILL, and thank you SENATOR PATTY MURRAY and CONGRESSMAN KURT SCHRADER for helping with it
.

If you are flying the American Flag, please keep flying it until ALL our Troops return home.

At the 11th Hour, on the 11th Day, of the 11th Month a cease fire was signed to end the war to end all wars in 1918. How's that worked out so far?

SPORTS:

The Trailblazers are struggling but Joel sure looked glad to be back, and Andre Miller and the new guy's sure looked good that last game I saw.

THE DUCKS DESERVE THE #1 RANKING. WHAT IS IT WITH THOSE SOB'S AT ESPN AND EAST OF THE MISSIPPI THAT SAY OREGON IS #2

Mr. Angelos, sir, I hope you have had your people keep an eye on that Mehrens kid, that played fall ball for the S. Cal Rangers, I have been trying to follow his progress on line and he definitely has the right stuff; based on what I've read he will be making a wonderful closer. I spoke with him and he is moving up from A ball to AA and he told me he has developed a GREAT knuckleball, clocked at 79mph, and after the World Series results Texas could sure have used him.

COMMUNITY ORGANIZERS & CHARITIES:

I did get the 2010 BULL SESSION program and results in the mail Saturday and it sure was well done, Thanks Tim. I might have misspoke before, the total for the childrens charities over 20 years is $4 million dollars. I will check and see if their website has the ability for a payment over time.

The planning for the 2011 Hood to Coast in August has started already and Judi has signed up for the walk part, and we are recruiting for the 2011 M.S. Walk which is in April. ALL HELP APPRECIATED.

HELP THE KOMEN RUN/WALK – www.komen.org/findarace.aspx
The American Rights at Work still needs help. We must not take our eye off that MAIN issue, our two Senators haven't; E.F.C.A. Hopefully this will be a lame duck accomplishment, especially in light of that mine disaster in West Virginia and those Rig explosions in the Gulf. I watched the commission on the B.P. Disaster and, from here, it looks like the beginning of a cover up.

The U.A. Local 290 “Don Salee” Member Assistance Program.

OTHER STUFF AND COMMUNICATIONS:

MICK and CHRISTOPHER, stay positive and we will meet on the golf course and I will take it easy on both of you.

May love and laughter light your days
And warm your heart and homes
May good and faithful friends be yours wherever you may roam
May peace and plenty bless your world with joy that long endures
May all life's passing seasons bring the best to you and yours

Whether you attend a church service, a Mosque, GLBT gathering, or Synagogue service, please say a prayer that God; yours, mine or ours; keeps our service men and women in the Palm of their hand.

The Lawn guys showed up this morning and I think they took a full truck load of leaves and they didn't even get them all.

I've also got to get to the Home Depot for 2 new “clear plastic” ¼ inch for my backyard bird table.

Mike; My blog is 4 pages, and over 1,900 words today, I think.

No comments: