Monday, April 11, 2011

CONGRESSMAN MIKE PENSE HAS ALMOST CONVINCED ME TO BRING BACK MY ZERO/EVIL LIST

PERSONAL:

I am still putting the “DO NOT PATRONIZE THE VANCOUVER COLUMBIAN NEWSPAPER” information (phone numbers and email addresses) here at the beginning.

They need to hear our voices:

Scott Campbell, Publisher
360-735-4500
scott.campbell@columbian.com
Lou Brancaccio, Editor
360-735-4505
lou.brancaccio@columbian.com
Circulation
360-694-2312
circulation@columbian.com

Be respectful, but tell them why you are contacting them.

Now back to my regular blog:

I awoke this morning at 6:45am after 10+ hours of sleep to a 3-, because of a little lower back pain, probably from so much time on my scooter Saturday on the M.S. Walk. We had a great turnout and I will try to remember all who turned out, and check on our team results. I took my am pills, put out my flag and it is a wet 40 degrees on the south deck. I checked the west deck and all the birdseed was gone so I replenished it and called the birds in, but only one came. I did set the TV to tape the talking heads yesterday and will not report on them because with their efforts to be “fair and balanced” the “r's” made me want to puke and I just could watch them all the way through. I will be clearing much of my blog again today. I will keep the Do Not Patronize The Vancouver Columbian. I will repeat again; ALL the MCA contractors offer's were absurd but it has succeeded in uniting the membership. If there are ANY CONTRACTOR PEOPLE READING THIS BLOG I WILL TELL YOU ALL AGAIN, YOU HAVE SUCSEEDED IN UNITING THE 290 MEMBERSHIP, which was proven by the votes taken Sunday; and yes I did go to the PMCA website and read the “open letter to the 290 members”, it almost brought a tear to my eye.

Don't forget the March of Dimes walk for Babies on April 30th in Vancouver for sister Clare Schropshire, as we all know, I will not be able to walk but I will make every attempt to be there in support of her efforts. Join us if you can, I hope this works? http://www.marchforbabies.org/wd_regp04.asp?si=&wsid=12078&g=1&v=1&w=4796717&r=&pnum=&pname=Family+Teams+%2D+Clark+County&tid=&tnum=&tname=Family%2BTeams%2B%2D%2BClark%2BCounty&SeId=1444570&subname=March+for+Campbell+and+Jennings&walk=company&change=&other=&prefill=&u=&EditTeam=&pg=
I will put the prayer to St. Jude in here again for all our 290 brothers that have come before and built Our 290 into the organization I am so proud to have been a member of, for almost 40 years.

** For those brothers and sisters that are no longer with us. **

Prayer to St. Jude for Eternal Life
You are my solace, St. Jude, in the face of loss and sorrow. I pray that you will guide my heart away from the darkness of fear and into the light of Christ. May the hope that St. Jude keeps alive in my heart be a source of comfort to all those who grieve. For in that hope, we know God's mercy, and we trust God's promise of eternal life. My soul longs for the fullness of life, which is only to be revealed when I meet my Maker in heaven. Stay by my side, St. Jude, so that my soul will always know the power of your healing love. Amen.

God grant that I may live to fish until my dying day, And when it comes to my last cast, I then must humbly pray. When in the Lord's safe landing net I'm peacefully asleep, that in His mercy, I be judged............Good enough to keep.

**** My daily prayer, is to Mary Mother of God…..”O Most Blessed Mother, heart of love, heart of mercy, ever listening, caring, consoling, hear our prayer. As your children we implore your intercession with Jesus your Son. Receive with understanding and compassion the petitions we place before you today. For sister Danni, sister Clare, cousin Mick, uncle Hank, nephew Arron, Kelli's Mom, good friends Ron Wyden and Pat O'baby, good family friend Pat Percin, brothers Jimmy Judge, and Gerry Bruce, sister Donna and those who are having health issues; protecting Christopher and Rhyon and all in need. We are comforted in knowing your heart is ever open to those who ask for your prayer. We trust to your care and intercession, those whom we love and who are sick or lonely or hurting. Help ALL of us, to bear our burdens in this life until we may share eternal life and peace with God forever, Amen.”

I know I have been repeating things, apparently too much, on my blog; but some of this stuff I need to be reminded of and some of this stuff others need to be reminded of.

KAISER AND M.S. REPORT:

This is also my attempt to keep track of my experiences with Kaiser Permanente and my Neurologist and his RN. so far with the Ampyra and the 4.5mg LDN, I think I'm noticeably better and it has been noticeable to others also, I am still waiting for another response from my primary care doctor on my request to visit the chiropractor, I did hear from one of her “team” and they told me to call another number for the request, which I promptly did and they sent me back to my primary care, which I immediately emailed to her and I haven't checked yet today to see if I got a response; from my 4th request. My BP was 120/76/57 at 9am today, even after the super busy last few day's. I am wondering how Kaiser expects me to THRIVE, with this goat roping they are putting me through. After I got my last “explanation of benefits” as it said, this is not a bill but in the billed amount was $84.10 (exactly the LDN amount) in the next column was the allowed amount of $84.10, the member responsibility was 0.00, Kaiser paid 0.00; if the member responsibility was 0.00 WHY DID IT COST ME $84.10?? When I turned in my latest Lloyd Center Pharmacy receipt it was for my LDN and I did get a referral for the chiropractor from my primary care Doctor on Friday, she said she was prescribing 6 visits but she was a little skeptical that it would be approved. I have a full briefcase just of my Kaiser stuff that doesn’t include the dozens of email's between Kaiser, my Doctor's, Lou and the attorney and I guess I better get it all organized.

POLITICAL:

DON'T FORGET THE NWOLC BREAKFAST WITH CONGRESSMAN KURT SCHRADER – RSVP 503-235-9444 and as I understand it Mayor Sam has been invited to one on APRIL 21st, and I really want to make that one also.

I also have to say well done to my Congressman, EARL BLUMENHAUER; who took on the republicans when they attacked AARP, under the phoney guise of “oversight” of Medicare and Social Security! WELL DONE EARL !

I have a question for my republican friends; When I put my money in the bank and then draw it out, do YOU consider that an entitlement? HMMMN?? I will make another plug now for the petition for a Constitutional Amendment to REQUIRE Congress to live under the SAME laws they pass for us.

Do you suppose congress's solution to extend and save Social Security and Medicare by CUTTING benefits, instead of raising the maximum would have any thing to do with the fact that THEY would have to pay Social Security taxes for the whole year?? MEANS TEST IT so those with good pensions (like union members) couldn't qualify?

It appears that the House decided to, throw the baby out with the bath water and voted to kill the affordable housing programs; SCROOGES, every damn one of them, including a few democrats!!

MY MOST IMPORTANT SECTION STILL!!

YELLOW RIBBON SECTION:

A PROGRAM THAT IS ALSO LOOKING FOR HELP: LETS BRING EM HOME
!!

http://www.lbeh.org/

Don't forget to say THANK YOU, to all those servicemen and women who have served or are serving.

NEPHEW CHRISTOPHER IS STILL IN AFGHANISTAN, Due back stateside soon but; IT APPEARS THAT NEPHEW RHYON WILL BE HEADED BACK IN MAY, so a prayer a day for both, from all my readers would sure make me feel better.

ONE RIBBON STILL UP, FOR CHRISTOPHER; my new face book friend, AND WHEN RHYON GETS REDEPLOYED, HIS RIBBON WILL GO BACK UP.

DON'T FORGET, THE SOFT LANDING BILL, and thank you SENATOR PATTY MURRAY and CONGRESSMAN KURT SCHRADER for helping with it; and I am looking forward to Kurt's NWOLC breakfast to be able to personally thank you.

PLEASE SUPPORT THE OREGON MILITARY SUPPORT NETWORK
.

If you are flying the American Flag, please keep flying it until ALL our Troops return home.

At the 11th Hour, on the 11th Day, of the 11th Month a cease fire was signed to end the war to end all wars in 1918. How's that worked out so far?

AOH REPORT:

Our last meeting was dominated by the “Unite Ireland” issue and I did remember my camera and was lucky enough get Rita's “autograph” on my February photo. I didn't get the names down for my 15 year AOH picture still. THANK YOU BROTHER TOM for joining me to toast Ann on the anniversary. The first Monahan that showed up on any U. S. past history was an Ann Monahan who arrived in New York on April 5, 1848 aboard the ship “Waterloo,” at the time of the famine, and yesterday it was 163 years. ONE OF MY HERO'S! I also found out from Uncle Larry that I have a cousin in Olympia, Washington who is writing a book and I will try to share as much information as I can. I facebooked Larry's daughter and asked her to send me her email address (no response yet) so I could share with her; at least until Larry's son springs for a new computer for his dad. ;-)

I also want to report that Uncle Hank has returned from the hospital and I spoke with his wife, my aunt; and she told me he was 100% better, but all prayers are still appreciated.

While the Montana AOH received a Governors Proclamation with a 3 day celebration on their 125th anniversary; and a great article in my newly received AOH Newspaper; WE had a wonderful address by THE RITA O'HARE. Our City Council will be doing a very good proclamation and I do plan to try to make that Council meeting. And when and if I make the Mayor Sam NWOLC Breakfast I hope to be able to thank him personally. As I understand it the picture from our February meeting should be in an upcoming issue of the AOH Newspaper and maybe then I will get all the names for my picture. Thank You Ann Monahan for your bravery.

I still think we need a few OREGONIANS on Father McManus's “Congressional Friends” list. We must never forget the Ballymurphy Massacre of 1971, (40 years searching for justice) and we need to realize along with a number of Irish Catholic's, including a priest, that were assassinated that day there were also a number of Northern Irish Protestants. This battle for justice that is being waged here in the U.S.A. by father McManus is also being waged in Belfast Northern Ireland by a heroic Belfast protestant named Raymond McCord Sr., whose son was also assassinated. His book will be available on Amazon and I am going to try to get a direct link with the help of wife Judith; our own personal Amazon book distributor. You also might be interested to know that the book launch and a book signing will be held at the Phoenix Park Hotel on May Day in Washington D.C.; a hotel I have been to many times as you know by now and it is above one of my favorite D.C. Drinking establishments in Washington; THE DUBLINER !! (which I have always considered KELL'S EAST.)

SPORTS:

The Blazer's finally did get out of their funk when they “MAN handled the Lakers”.

I did see where the Oregon M.S. Chapter is putting together a fund raiser game with the Blazers, I'm just not sure when.

I did see that the Portland Timbers are selling individual tickets, I believe at very reasonable prices.

I sure hope we get some nice golf weather so I can get out and practice.

I am sure glad the baseball preseason is over. I will also still be watching the Orioles games, along with the Mariners but Cleveland sure handled them lately, but Felix should put a stop to their skid tonight.

COMMUNITY ORGANIZERS & CHARITIES:

Don't forget the March of Dimes Walk on April 30th in Vancouver, for Clara Schropshires team, and I think I got the direct connection and I put it in, I hope it works.

You still have time, donate to a walker, “WALLY'S WALKERS”, and as soon as they notify us I will post it here, along with a complete list of our team.

I found the updated 2011 BULL SESSION website. ( http://www.bullsessioncharity.com ) While I still haven't gone there yet myself, I did get their 2011 letter and booklet. REMEMBER – IT'S FOR THE KIDS ! THANK YOU JIM ! AND THANK YOU ALSO TO THE MEMBERS OF LOCAL 290 FOR YOUR VERY GENEROUS DONATION. ALL HELP APPRECIATED.

The American Rights at Work still needs help; now more than ever. We must not take our eye off that MAIN issue, our two Senators haven't; E.F.C.A. And based on what I have been seeing and hearing, the Republican's have Organized Labor directly in their cross hairs at least for the next 2 years.

The U.A. Local 290 “Don Salee” Member Assistance Program.

LOCAL UNION REPORT:

Apparently, the General Contractors, and SOME CUSTOMERS; are all in a dither over the situation between 290 and the M.C.A.; what was that old saying? THOSE WITH THE GOLD, MAKE THE RULES.

My blog may be a little hard to follow (so THAT'S new) because I will be “working to the rule” because I am still on strike. I have signed up for picket duty on the east side, I know I made a point about Kaiser, but John Harders shop is on the east side also. :-)

Thanks again to all my Sisters and Brothers for electing me to attend this years International Convention, and it appears I will be flying.

OTHER STUFF AND COMMUNICATIONS:

I did get my new supply of “Business Cards” from Hollywood Impress and here is the link for all you Politico's that need a “BUG” on your STUFF. www.himpress.com I have used them for decades and they have ALWAYS met my needs. I am promoting them; not selling for them.

MICK, BOB, RON, and brother JIM, who appears to be recovering nicely from his knee replacement surgery, and CHRISTOPHER, stay positive.

May love and laughter light your days
And warm your heart and homes
May good and faithful friends be yours wherever you may roam
May peace and plenty bless your world with joy that long endures
May all life's passing seasons bring the best to you and yours

Whether you attend a church service, a Mosque, GLBT gathering, or Synagogue service, please say a prayer that God; yours, mine or ours; keeps our service men and women in the Palm of their hand.

Mike by blog is just 5 pages and over 2,500 words today; I think.

No comments: