Thursday, January 7, 2010

PRESIDENT OBAMA; PLEASE DON'T DISAPOINT ME

PERSONAL

I awoke this morning at 5am, to a 3 after 8hrs of sleep. It is windy and 32+- degrees this morning. I took my am pills and put my flag out after the sun came up. I then went and fed the birds in the back yard. When I looked at my palm I saw I had the Worley/Bandon Dunes golf excursion in there for today but I missed it.

Tuesday I heard that blog follower and good friend Dan G. is going to be in town soon and I hope we have a chance to hook up. I haven't heard from good friend Debbie L. and I hope she is doing well, She lost her significant other so I will ask all to include her in your prayers. I didn't get signed up for Medicare yet but it is on my to-do list now that I have spoken with the Kaiser representative. I am also going to try to update my Charities and such links as some have changed. I am going continue to do some of my highs and lows from '09 this morning.

Of many high points, finally getting my S.S.D., the retirement of George W., the safe return of nephew Daniel from Iraq, finishing 1st in our flight in the BULL Session and their raising of over $300,000 for our children's charities, our trip to Montana for the family reunion, getting my scooter, hand controls for my car, my new shower. The challenge from Louis Faust to work on the History of Mehrens's in the United Association for the Local 290 archives. Michael Ross getting signed up for college and maybe being able to play baseball on “Jackie Robinson Field”.

Of my low points was the loss of good friend and mentor Dianna Pauley McCoy, the actions of the so-called Democrats in congress that screwed with the health care bill. President Obama's continuing with George W's nation building and other programs and not getting the troops home.
It's hard to believe we started the BULL SESSION twenty years ago. Thanks again for stepping up again Local 290. One of the charities helped by the BULL'S is “The March of Dimes” and I understand cousin Brandee is pregnant again, so I definitely need to update that link; and the “WALLY'S WALKERS” link. So please keep her in your prayers for a successful pregnancy.

Based on what is being reported, and if President Obama signs the health care bill without a public option I will not only be VERY disappointed, but he will be slipping to just above a C, listening to Senator Brown, and hearing about Senator Merkley I think there is still hope. I know he is not a Bush, but I do need constant reminding.

I have to say again Lloyd and his help from All in One Mobility did a wonderful job.

God grant that I may live to fish until my dying day, And when it comes to my last cast
I then must humbly pray. When in the Lord's safe landing net I'm peacefully asleep.
That in His mercy, I be judged............Good enough to keep.

My daily prayer, is to Mary Mother of God…..”O Most Blessed Mother, heart of love, heart of mercy, ever listening, caring, consoling, hear OUR prayer. As your children we implore your intercession with Jesus your Son. Receive with understanding and compassion the petitions we place before you today, especially for the safe and successful birth of Brandee's baby, good friend Debbie L. and all in need. We are comforted in knowing your heart is ever open to those who ask for your prayer. We trust to your care and intercession, those whom we love and who are sick or lonely or hurting. Help ALL of us, to bear our burdens in this life until we may share eternal life and peace with God forever, Amen.”
Thank You, Mother Mary, for your help and assistance.

I know I have been repeating things, maybe too much, on my blog; but some of this stuff I need to be reminded of and some of this stuff others need to be reminded of, and I've cleared a lot so far.

LDN and AMP REPORT

This is my attempt to keep track of my experiences with my LDN treatment for my Neurologist and his RN. So far with the 4.5mg I think I'm noticeably better. I am experiencing better days and now that I'm doing the new dosage I am seeing a marked change. I have now been on that brand new FDA approved pill, Aminopyridine, and I have very pleased. It is supposed to be good for “gait” issues, even those with primary progressive. I'm not jogging but I have been doing a lot of walking and it is a help for me getting into my new shower. It is apparently another pill that Kaiser Pharmacy does not “compound”.
I have an appointment next week with my primary care Dr. to go over my prescriptions and just a general checkup.

POLITICAL

I got it done, I now have a HERO list, a ZERO list and an EVIL list. If for no other reason than, Joe Lieberman needed a special list, and watching the circus from the obstructionists I have to add ALL Republican Senators. Can't we get someone to convince Rosa D. to run for the Senate in Connecticut. Should Max Baucus be placed back on the ZERO list, other democrats too? I know I have a number friends that are registered Republicans, while I still like you, YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED of your representatives in D.C..

I also saw on the news that many D.C. Politico's are retiring. I am happy about some of them leaving but sad about others.

I also added our Senator Merkley to the HERO list for his help on the health care bill. Thank You, Jeff.

I am still convinced ALL this health care “controversy” that was being generated was to take the publics mind off of the Employee Free Choice Act, American Rights at Work, “card check” legislation. Hmmmmmn

How is it, our country is spreading “democracy” around the world, and because of a few U.S. Senators we don't even seem to practice it here in our own country. What was that threat made by the Republicans under Bush, (nuclear option)?

It seems all the talking heads are giving grades to President Obama. He believes he has earned a B+; the heads seem to be settling at a C. I want to give him his B+ but, I will not, until we see the results of health care and E.F.C.A.. Based on what I have been hearing lately he is a B- and depending on E.F.C.A., which I sent another $25.00 to, I do hope he doesn't slip any more.

I still don't know yet, if the “soft landing” bill is done but that is one issue I will keep harping on until I am sure. I am sorry I missed Ron's town hall because of my Dr's appointment but I will try to make the next one.

Did you know that there were more vets that died last year because they didn't have health care, than have died in both the Iraq and Afghanistan Wars?

Question of the day. Who was it that came closer to destroying the American Financial System and the American Way? So far, it's George W 7, Bin Laden 5, Madoff 4, Obama & Geitner 1 and a Jeff Grayson, who apparently taught Madoff.

YELLOW RIBBON SECTION

Check www.LetsSayThanks.com often to read feedback from the troops about the Let's Say Thanks program!

We now one nephew in Afghanistan, and one in S. California getting ready to go; Who knows Where? Sounds like Afghanistan also. Be safe, hurry home. WELCOME HOME DANIEL!!!!!!!!

At the 11th Hour, on the 11th Day, of the 11th Month a cease fire was signed to end the war to end all wars in 1918. How's that worked out so far?

SPORTS

Bull Dogs baseball in Vancouver is looking for sponsors, help out if you can.

All sports have superstars but I do believe Bret Farve is on a list by himself. I am confused however; does this mean cousins Billy and Joey are rooting for the same team?

Giz; You might want to let Peter know; his scouts in Pasadena should be paying close attention to that Mehrens kid, soon to be playing on Jackie Robinson Field.

The loss of Greg Oden and Joel apparently has not had a bad an affect on the Blazers, Joel sure stepped up after Greg went down and since he went down so have the rest of the Blazers, OK, lets get back on track guys.

Did anyone else see Seattle U. totally dismantle the Beavers?

COMMUNITY ORGANIZERS & CHARITIES
THANK YOU 290 FOR TRINA, THE SOLDIERS AND THE BULL SESSION.

Judi is getting started on the M.S. Walk that comes up in April already, if you want to become a member of Wally's Walkers, just get hold of us.

I will also try to put a direct link to the BULL SESSION on the front page.

The Cancer Center at Providence Hospital, as I know they were definitely a comfort to Dianna, her family and friends those last days. Their pink gloves advertisement is great. And because of Joe Lieberman the Susan G. Koman foundation will definitely suffer in their fight against cancer.

M.D.A. is also an awesome organization, including the Gales Creek Foundation. In large part to the efforts of Don and Sandy Getman.

The American Rights at Work still needs help. We must not take our eye off the MAIN issue. E.F.C.A.

The U.A. Local 290 “Don Salee” Member Assistance Program.

OTHER STUFF AND COMMUNICATIONS“GET 'ER DONE” - SOFT LANDING ! And give them back their money, and their overdue raise!

Whether you attend a church service, a Mosque, GLBT gathering, or Synagogue service, please say a prayer that God; yours, mine or ours; keeps our service men and women in the Palm of their hand.

Mike; My “short” blog is just over 4 pages today.

And in case I forgot to send this to everyone; I suggest you go find it on You Tube – “Ode to Forgetfulness”

Good Luck to all on your New Years Resolutions. Now don't forget to say your prayers and I'll see you next time on my blog.

No comments: