Saturday, March 13, 2010

PERSONAL

I awoke today at 6am after 8hrs of sleep to a 3 with some lower back pain and a stuffy head. I took my am pills and put out my flag at 7am. I took Judi to dinner at McGraths Fish House last night (Friday) and had their shrimp platter and brought home a piece of excellent key lime pie and it was all very good. We also ran into Dianna's Aunt and Uncle, I rememberd the face but couldn't remember their names. This is National M.S. Awareness week, do something to help them out if you can. I also watched the President's excellent speech in Pennsylvania on Health Care, and I really liked his statement “If not Now When?” We are down to the final push on Health care. There are 8 Lobbyists for every member of congress working the Hill right now. O.F.A. (Organizing for America) has a plan to counter act those paid professionals and if you head to their web site you can help.

William "Wally" --The Final March for Reform is going strong -- yesterday, OFA supporters made the phones ring off the hook in Congressional offices on Capitol Hill and across the country. But for every member of Congress, there are eight anti-reform lobbyists swarming Capitol Hill -- and the upcoming vote is still too close to call. So in these crucial, final days, we must make sure the voices of constituents break through the lobbyist attacks. And here's the plan to make it happen: As the next step in the Final March for Reform, OFA supporters like you will be gathering at volunteer phone banks across the country. We'll be calling supportive voters in critical districts nationwide, asking them to reach out to their representatives and express their strong support for reform. A local OFA organizer will be on hand at every event, and no experience is required. Here's how to join in: First, find and RSVP for an event near you. Before you go, make sure to invite friends to come with you, or help them find an event in their area on our website. Then join with local supporters at your event and reach out to as many voters as you can -- each call makes a vital difference.
They have 8 lobbyists per representative so we need to get 9 “constituents to contact OUR Senators and Representatives.”

I am going to keep the “Health Care Hero's up for a while longer.

Here's the first 34 Health Care Heroes who've committed to voting YES on Reconciliation: ( I think it's well over 40+ now)

Michael Bennet (CO)
Kirsten Gillibrand (NY)
Jeff Merkley (OR)
Sherrod Brown (OH)
Patrick Leahy (VT)
John Kerry (MA)
Sheldon Whitehouse (RI)
Al Franken (MN)
Roland Burris (IL)
Bernie Sanders (VT)
Barbara Boxer (CA)
Barbara Mikulski (MD)
Frank Lautenberg (NJ)
Chuck Schumer (NY)
Jeanne Shaheen (NH)
Ted Kaufman (DE)
Debbie Stabenow (MI)
Dianne Feinstein (CA)
Jack Reed (RI)
Tom Udall (NM)
Arlen Specter (PA)
Harry Reid (NV)
Robert Menendez (NJ)
Tim Johnson (SD)
Daniel Inouye (HI)
Carl Levin (MI)
Mark Udall (CO)
Dick Durbin (IL)
Ben Cardin (MD)
Amy Klobuchar (MN)
Jeff Bingaman (NM)
Bob Casey (PA)
Patty Murray (WA)
Ron Wyden (OR)

One of my favorite Senators, Senator Ron Wyden, made my HERO list because he signed on to the “Reconciliation Letter”, where is Senator Cantwell? Sorry Thom; he will be staying on the Hero List. If you've been reading my blog you understand; I believe in reconciliation, IF NOT NOW, WHEN!.

I did receive the information from S.S. / Medicare in the mail and I am still trying to figure it out? It appears, I will be getting a cut in my S.S.D. April 1st also.

Larry Roberta, a reclusive Aumsville veteran whose story of health problems from hexavalent chromium exposure in The Oregonian alerted his fellow soldiers, most of whom live between Forest Grove, McMinnville and Gresham. Roberta's testimony before the Oregon Legislature last year helped create a fund for soldiers who develop cancer as a result of this exposure. Roberta, 44, has also launched the Web site www.qarmat-ali-vets.com, which includes a logo of an orange ribbon with a skull and crossbones.

We at the Building Trades have known for a few decades that KBR is not a responsible Contractor, even though it's good to hear them admit it. GIVE THE BOOT TO BROWN AND ROOT! I am still wondering how it is they get so many government contracts? I am wondering how many of our Service Men and Women have been killed by them in relation to those killed by terrorists in Iraq and Afghanistan? GO GET 'EM RACHAEL, and BIG ED, thanks for the report on the “NASTY” fund raising letters the republicans are sending out.

God grant that I may live to fish until my dying day, And when it comes to my last cast
I then must humbly pray. When in the Lord's safe landing net I'm peacefully asleep.
That in His mercy, I be judged............Good enough to keep.

My daily prayer, is to Mary Mother of God…..”O Most Blessed Mother, heart of love, heart of mercy, ever listening, caring, consoling, hear OUR prayer. As your children we implore your intercession with Jesus your Son. Receive with understanding and compassion the petitions we place before you today, especially for the safe and successful birth of cousin Brandee's baby; nephew Daniel, as he is back in Iraq; nephew Rhyon in Afghanistan; Great friends Sue Temple and Pat O'baby for quick and successful recoveries from their surgeries; Sister (U.A.) Claire's bundle of joy; all those suffering from all those earthquakes, and all in need. We are comforted in knowing your heart is ever open to those who ask for your prayer. We trust to your care and intercession, those whom we love and who are sick or lonely or hurting. Help ALL of us, to bear our burdens in this life until we may share eternal life and peace with God forever, Amen.” Thank You, Mother Mary, for your help and assistance.

Judi asked me what I wanted to do for my 60th B.D. and I haven't really thought about it but I have Lots of time to ponder it. I have thought about how many other friends and relatives turn 60 this year. Tim Flynn, Larry Pahut, Mick and Mary Ellen Jacques, Me, cousin Dennis Hutzenbieler and Bob Shiprack just to name a few. It doesn't seem so long ago that 60 seemed really old; NOT SO MUCH NOW!

I know I have been repeating things, maybe too much, on my blog; but some of this stuff I need to be reminded of and some of this stuff others need to be reminded of.

LDN and AMP REPORT

This is my attempt to keep track of my experiences with my LDN treatment for my Neurologist and his RN. So far with the 4.5mg I think I'm noticeably better. I am experiencing better days and now that I'm doing the new dosage I am seeing a marked change. I have now been on that brand new FDA approved pill, Aminopyridine, even though I missed a few times, and I am very pleased. It is supposed to be good for “gait” issues, even those with primary progressive. I still have to check up on that new pill (AMPYRA). My B.P. is (128/76/58) at 7:45am and I hope it makes my Doctors happy.

POLITICAL

I wonder how long it would take to get a health care bill if those MEMBERS in the House and the Senate were not provided it, but had to either go without it or buy it themselves. I bet there would be a rush to get cost containment done, at least! The R's are still telling us that everything done so far on H.C. Reform should be scrapped and Congress should start over and they would help crafting a “bipartisan bill”; “RIGHT”.

$1,115 is more money than what many Americans pay for rent or mortgage. But there's more to the problem than just numbers.

Take Leslie Banks, an American mom with a daughter in college. In January of this year, she received a notice from her health insurance provider that her plan was being dropped. To keep the same benefits, the premiums for her and her daughter would more than double. Leslie was told by the insurance company that there was nothing she could do -- it was an across-the-board premium hike. If she paid the same monthly premium amount as before, the deductible would increase from $500 to $5,000, and she and her daughter would no longer have preventive care or prescription coverage.

FROM THE WHITE HOUSE:
Good afternoon,
8 - that's the number of people every minute who are denied coverage, charged a higher rate or otherwise discriminated against because of a pre-existing condition.1
8 is also the number of lobbyists hired by special interests to influence health reform for every member of Congress in 2009.2
The facts speak for themselves -- the status quo isn't working, and special interests are doing everything in their power to maintain that status quo.

LOCAL

Yes, I am a fan of and supporter of , Tom Margraf for Multnomah County Commission. His experience in getting things done for and with other Elected es and Communities would be an invaluable asset for the County. IT'S TIME FOR TOM !

One of the most consistent elected officials supporting the Columbia River Crossing has been Rex Burkholder, help him out if you can. Send him some help at METRO, in the form of Duke Sheppard. Earl Blumenhauer, has been there for us also and he did look and sound very good last night on the Big Ed show & yes, Willie I will get a check off as soon as my retirement check gets deposited; and Representative Kurt Schrader should be returned to congress also. Representative Peter Defazio needs to be sent back to congress also. And if I could I would vote for Representative Anthony Wiener of New York, he sure was swift on that FOX (fair and balanced) show, and thank you for showing it Rachael, as I try very hard to not watch anything “FOX”. I also think having a cold beer with the two of them would be a wonderful experience. If anyone is reading this in D.C. Please take them out for a cold one.

Don't forget to respond to the census as there are 37 governors elections this year and we can't let them Gerrymander congressional districts and end up like we did in the 90's. One of those 37 is right here in Oregon and I'm sure, keeping a Democrat in the Governors Mansion is Paramount. One that actually believes in JOBS.
The Building Trades did and I am endorsing John Kitzhaber for Governor, I do believe Health Care will pass congress and having a Dr. in the Governors Mansion should be an advantage for Oregon. He just opened his campaign H.Q. Over at SE 30th and Division and could use some bodies and supplies.

Leading the way as a Healthcare Hero, Senator Bennet circulated a letter calling on Majority Leader Harry Reid to use reconciliation (RAM) to pass healthcare reform with the choice of a public option and Senators Sherrod Brown (OH), Kirsten Gillibrand (NY), and Jeff Merkley (OR) have already stood up to join him. If you saw my special edition with the letter to Senator Ron Wyden, I will say THANK YOU, for signing that letter, OH YES HE DID! You have definitely earned that spot on my HERO'S LIST.

I haven't changed my mind that ALL that health care “controversy” that was being generated was to take the publics mind off of the Employee Free Choice Act, American Rights at Work, “card check” legislation. Based on President Trumpka's speech at the National Press Club, and the President's meeting with Labor; I AM feeling much more positive. I just wish he would have been specific in his State of the Union speech.

I still don't know yet, if the “soft landing” bill is done but that is one issue I will keep harping on until I am sure.

Did you know that there were more vets that died last year because they didn't have health care, than died in both the Iraq and Afghanistan Wars?

YELLOW RIBBON SECTION

Check www.LetsSayThanks.com often to read feedback from the troops about the Let's Say Thanks program!

The Web site www.qarmat-ali-vets.com, which includes a logo of an orange ribbon with a skull and crossbones, is the one that all with friends and family in Iraq.

I am forwarding this to you with the hope that you might want to help save this Not for Profit Organization that has been honoring men and women in uniform Thanks to the hard work and dedication of Mr. Buckles. THANK YOU, JOSE
Remembering America's Heroes (RAH) and the Oregon Military Hall of Fame (OMHF) have become part of Living History Day which takes place annually at Milwaukie High School on or close to Veteran's Day!
RAH and OMHF are also made available to high schools throughout Oregon so that our American heroes are not forgotten anywhere in Oregon.
I urge you to please share this with those who might also wish to help save these organizations. Thank you, You can make a donation online with a credit/debit card at www.rahusa.us
or send a check to RAH, PO Box 22680,Milwaukie, OR 97269.

At the 11th Hour, on the 11th Day, of the 11th Month a cease fire was signed to end the war to end all wars in 1918. How's that worked out so far?

SPORTS

Brandon Roy is sure in awesome company for the Trailblazers, in the number of All Star selections, it is to bad he got injured and I am still not sure about the changes the blazers made. I really think they are going to miss both Blake and Outlaw, although they have been doing very well the last couple weeks. Andre Miller is also in special company with that 50+ point game. I have been out in the Garage to smoke and I noticed I have a signed 1982 Blazers Basketball, I don't remember their record in '82, so I will have to look it up.

It's almost MLB Time, Hey Chicago, what do ya say, go Cubs go, Cubs gonna win today!
Go Orioles, and Peter keep an eye on that Mehrens kid that's going to be playing on Jackie Robinson Field.

I am also going to sign up for the 290 golf tournament in June as brother Mike agreed to be my “Wally Catcher”, I do need to get some “old mans” clubs though, EBay appears to have a good deal.

March Madness is coming up; they start with 65 and then there is ONE.

COMMUNITY ORGANIZERS & CHARITIES

Judi is still working on the M.S. Walk, it comes up in April, if you want to become a member of Wally's Walkers, the link has been updated. The walk is on April 17, 10 a.m., Pioneer Courthouse Square. http://walkorc.nationalmssociety.org/site/TR?pg=teamlist&fr_id=13001
If folks want to join, they can just go to that page, scroll down to Wally's Walkers, and then click on the "join team" link.

The American Rights at Work still needs help. We must not take our eye off that MAIN issue. E.F.C.A. That conference on jobs I saw with V.P. Biden, looked pretty good but I did not see it all..

The U.A. Local 290 “Don Salee” Member Assistance Program.

OTHER STUFF AND COMMUNICATIONS
“GET 'ER DONE” - SOFT LANDING ! And give them back their money, and their overdue raise!

Whether you attend a church service, a Mosque, GLBT gathering, or Synagogue service, please say a prayer that God; yours, mine or ours; keeps our service men and women in the Palm of their hand.

I hope there are a few Politicians in Salem reading, even though the special session is over, I hope they don't throw their back out by patting themselves on it; it still appears they are taking the Building Trades in particular and Labor in general for granted, and as my father always said; perception IS reality.

Mike; My blog is 6 pages again today. Good night and Good Luck; I'll see you next time on my blog.

No comments: