Thursday, March 4, 2010

THOM; OH YES HE DID

PERSONAL
I awoke this morning at 6am after 8+hrs of sleep to a 3-. I took my am pills and put out my flag at 8am. I did get a comment yesterday from a reader and was told by him that he could not confirm that Senator Wyden had signed the Bennet letter. Since I received his comment I received the following, from what I consider a reliable resource:
Here's all 34 Healthcare Heroes who've committed to voting YES:
Michael Bennet (CO)
Kirsten Gillibrand (NY)
Jeff Merkley (OR)
Sherrod Brown (OH)
Patrick Leahy (VT)
John Kerry (MA)
Sheldon Whitehouse (RI)
Al Franken (MN)
Roland Burris (IL)
Bernie Sanders (VT)
Barbara Boxer (CA)
Barbara Mikulski (MD)
Frank Lautenberg (NJ)
Chuck Schumer (NY)
Jeanne Shaheen (NH)
Ted Kaufman (DE)
Debbie Stabenow (MI)
Dianne Feinstein (CA)
Jack Reed (RI)
Tom Udall (NM)
Arlen Specter (PA)
Harry Reid (NV)
Robert Menendez (NJ)
Tim Johnson (SD)
Daniel Inouye (HI)
Carl Levin (MI)
Mark Udall (CO)
Dick Durbin (IL)
Ben Cardin (MD)
Amy Klobuchar (MN)
Jeff Bingaman (NM)
Bob Casey (PA)
Patty Murray (WA)
Ron Wyden (OR)
I am VERY PROUD to be an Oregon resident and voter. I truly believe THEY (Republicans) do not have representation in Washington. I still believe “the republicans are a wholly owned subsidiary of the Insurance industry!” And yes, I do hope they “TAKE DOWN MY WORDS”! Was I being too partisan with titling a blog “LETS RAM”! One of my favorite Senators, Senator Ron Wyden, made my HERO list because he signed on to the “Reconciliation Letter”. (34 now), sorry Thom; He will be staying on the Hero List. If you've been reading my blog you understand; I believe in reconciliation.
Brother Bruce and Sue did get home OK; and good friend Pat O'Baby, professional photographer of me and dozens of my friends is in the Hospital at Adventist. With all things considered please keep them in your prayers today. And Bruce, Stay Off the Roof!
Larry Roberta, a reclusive Aumsville veteran whose story of health problems from hexavalent chromium exposure in The Oregonian alerted his fellow soldiers, most of whom live between Forest Grove, McMinnville and Gresham. Roberta's testimony before the Oregon Legislature last year helped create a fund for soldiers who develop cancer as a result of this exposure. Roberta, 44, has also launched the Web site www.qarmat-ali-vets.com, which includes a logo of an orange ribbon with a skull and crossbones.
SO PETER, DO YOU GUYS IN SALEM STILL HAVE THEIR BACK OR HAVE YOU TURNED YOUR BACKS?
We at the Building Trades have known for a few decades that KBR is not a responsible Contractor, (GIVE THE BOOT TO BROWN AND ROOT) even though it's good to hear them admit it; I am still wondering how it is they get so many government contracts. I am wondering how many of our Service Men and Women have been killed by them in relation to those killed by terrorists in Iraq and Afghanistan? GO GET 'EM RACHAEL!
God grant that I may live to fish until my dying day, And when it comes to my last cast
I then must humbly pray. When in the Lord's safe landing net I'm peacefully asleep.
That in His mercy, I be judged............Good enough to keep.
My daily prayer, is to Mary Mother of God…..”O Most Blessed Mother, heart of love, heart of mercy, ever listening, caring, consoling, hear OUR prayer. As your children we implore your intercession with Jesus your Son. Receive with understanding and compassion the petitions we place before you today, especially for the safe and successful birth of cousin Brandee's baby; nephew Daniel, as he is back in Iraq; nephew Rhyon in Afghanistan; Great friend Sue Temple for a quick and successful recovery from her surgery; good friend Pat at Adventist hospital; Sister (U.A.) Claire's bundle of joy; all those suffering from that 8.8 earthquake in Chile and all in need. We are comforted in knowing your heart is ever open to those who ask for your prayer. We trust to your care and intercession, those whom we love and who are sick or lonely or hurting. Help ALL of us, to bear our burdens in this life until we may share eternal life and peace with God forever, Amen.”
Thank You, Mother Mary, for your help and assistance.
Judi asked me what I wanted to do for my 60th B.D. and I haven't really thought about it but I have Lots of time to ponder it. I have thought about how many other friends and relatives will be 60 this year. Tim Flynn, Larry Pahut, Mick and Mary Ellen Jacques, Me, cousin Dennis Hutzenbieler and Bob Shiprack just to name a few. It doesn't seem so long ago that 60 seemed really old; .................NOT SO MUCH NOW!
I know I have been repeating things, maybe too much, on my blog; but some of this stuff I need to be reminded of and some of this stuff others need to be reminded of.
LDN and AMP REPORT
This is my attempt to keep track of my experiences with my LDN treatment for my Neurologist and his RN. So far with the 4.5mg I think I'm noticeably better. I am experiencing better days and now that I'm doing the new dosage I am seeing a marked change. I have now been on that brand new FDA approved pill, Aminopyridine, even though I missed a few times, and I am very pleased. It is supposed to be good for “gait” issues, even those with primary progressive. I still have to check up on that new pill (AMPYRA). My B.P. is (128/82/57) at 9am and I hope it makes my Doctors happy.
POLITICAL
I wonder how long it would take to get a health care bill if those MEMBERS in the House and the Senate were not provided it, but had to either go without it or buy it themselves. I bet there would be a rush to get cost containment done, at least! The R's are still telling us that everything done so far on H.C. Reform should be scrapped and Congress should start over and they would help crafting a “bipartisan bill”; “RIGHT”.
Maybe this part should be in the sports section; I am sure all those Republicans's would go for allowing the Blazers to go back to before Oden, Roy, and all the other injured players got injured and we started the season over from there.
I am again going to give you my observations of the Summit;
HEALTH CARE SUMMIT 2-25-10
“RAM IT THROUGH”
My observation, only.

The President was wise to have the summit at the Blair House, rather than the White House, for 2 reasons; in my opinion.
#1 it meant that that jerk Kantor had to pack all that photo-op paper to the Blair House. Newest addition to the EVIL LIST.
#2 hopefully it was a reminder that those f&%$(&# Republicans kept his family out of the Blair House pre-inauguration.

LOCAL POLITICAL REPEATS

LET'S MAKE SURE RON GETS RETURNED ALSO, AFTER ALL HE IS ON MY HERO LIST!

One of the most consistent elected officials supporting the Columbia River Crossing has been Rex Burkholder, help him out if you can. Send him some help at METRO, in the form of Duke Sheppard. Earl Blumenhauer, has been there for us also and yes Willie I will get a check off as soon as my retirement check gets deposited; and Kurt Schrader should be returned to congress also. Representative Peter Defazio needs to be sent back to congress also. And if I could I would vote for Representative Anthony Wiener of New York, he sure was swift on that FOX (fair and balanced) show, and thank you for showing it Rachael, as I try very hard to not watch anything “FOX”. I also think having a cold beer with the two of them would be a wonderful experience. If anyone is reading this in D.C. Please take them out for a cold one.

Don't forget to respond to the census as there are 37 governors elections this year and we can't let them Gerrymander congressional districts and end up like we did in the 90's. One of those 37 is right here in Oregon and I'm sure, keeping a Democrat in the Governors Mansion is Paramount. One that actually believes in JOBS. Yes, that is a shout out about the Cascade Locks and L.N.G. Plant projects! It's too bad that gubernatorial candidate Bill Bradbury doesn't understand that.

Leading the way as a Healthcare Hero, Senator Bennet circulated a letter calling on Majority Leader Harry Reid to use reconciliation (RAM) to pass healthcare reform with the choice of a public option and Senators Sherrod Brown (OH), Kirsten Gillibrand (NY), and Jeff Merkley (OR) have already stood up to join him. If you saw my special edition with the letter to Senator Ron Wyden, I will say THANK YOU, for signing that letter, OH YES HE DID! You have definitely earned a spot on my HERO'S LIST.

I haven't changed my mind that ALL that health care “controversy” that was being generated was to take the publics mind off of the Employee Free Choice Act, American Rights at Work, “card check” legislation. Based on President Trumpka's speech at the National Press Club, and the President's meeting with Labor; I AM feeling much more positive. I just wish he would have been specific in his State of the Union speech.

I still don't know yet, if the “soft landing” bill is done but that is one issue I will keep harping on until I am sure.

Did you know that there were more vets that died last year because they didn't have health care, than died in both the Iraq and Afghanistan Wars?

The question/proverb for the day. One of Dads favorites. If you haven't got anything good to say, don't say anything. THE #1 REASON FOR REPUBLICANS TO “SHUT UP”.

YELLOW RIBBON SECTION

Check www.LetsSayThanks.com often to read feedback from the troops about the Let's Say Thanks program!

The Web site www.qarmat-ali-vets.com, which includes a logo of an orange ribbon with a skull and crossbones, is the one that all with friends and family in Iraq.

At the 11th Hour, on the 11th Day, of the 11th Month a cease fire was signed to end the war to end all wars in 1918. How's that worked out so far?

SPORTS

Brandon Roy is sure in awesome company for the Trailblazers, in the number of All Star selections, it is to bad he got injured and I am still not sure about the changes the blazers made. I really think they are going to miss both Blake and Outlaw, although they did very well on their Road Trip. Andre Miller is also in special company with that 50+ point game. After that big win 102-79 last night (with the help of the 6th Man) and L.A; they should be ready for the playoffs.

It's almost MLB Time, Hey Chicago, what do ya say, go Cubs go, Cubs gonna win today; go Orioles.

I am also going to sign up for the 290 golf tournament in June as brother Mike agreed to be my “Wally Catcher”, I do need to get some “old mans” clubs though, Amazon appears to have a good deal.

March Madness is coming up; they start with 64 and then there is ONE.

COMMUNITY ORGANIZERS & CHARITIES

Judi is still working on the M.S. Walk, it comes up in April, if you want to become a member of Wally's Walkers, the link has been updated. The walk is on April 17, 10 a.m., Pioneer Courthouse Square. http://walkorc.nationalmssociety.org/site/TR?pg=teamlist&fr_id=13001
If folks want to join, they can just go to that page, scroll down to Wally's Walkers, and then click on the "join team" link.

The American Rights at Work still needs help. We must not take our eye off that MAIN issue. E.F.C.A. That conference on jobs I saw yesterday with V.P. Biden, looked pretty good but I did not see it all..

The U.A. Local 290 “Don Salee” Member Assistance Program.

OTHER STUFF AND COMMUNICATIONS“GET 'ER DONE” - SOFT LANDING ! And give them back their money, and their overdue raise!

Whether you attend a church service, a Mosque, GLBT gathering, or Synagogue service, please say a prayer that God; yours, mine or ours; keeps our service men and women in the Palm of their hand.

I hope there are a few Politicians in Salem reading even though the special session is over, I hope they don't throw their back out by patting themselves on it; it still appears they are taking the Building Trades in particular and Labor in general for granted, and as my father always said; perception IS reality.

Mike; My blog is 5 pages today. Good night and Good Luck; I'll see you next time on my blog.

No comments: