Saturday, September 18, 2010

SUSAN B KOMEN WALK TOMORROW, MAKE IT IF YOU CAN

PERSONAL

I slept in this morning until after 9am today after 9+hrs of sleep to a 3. I went to the Union meeting last night and it was uneventfull and spoke to John E. and told him my BULL SESSION “Wally Catcher”, Duane H.' s son in law was very interested in being a delegate to the N.W.O.L.C. and I checked with their office and there is a spot open. I also told him I would be glad to accompany him to the delegate meeting on the 27th. I hope he is reading the blog as I think I gave him one of my blog business cards but forgot to get his phone number, I am asking him to give me a call on my cell or send me an e-mail. I did participate in the AFL-CIO officers on line Q. & A and Liz reaffirmed her placement on my W.O.W. List. As it has been over a year since we lost Dianna I did put Jonnalynn's eloquent remembrance on again and I will try to put a direct connection to the Komen Walk tomorrow, Judi and her sister are at the convention center right now getting signed up. I am still aching from the tournament Tuesday. I do have the envelope on the table for my overpayment but I haven't opened it yet. I won't be going to the meeting today with all the professionals that are servicing the Local. I utilized the site I have posted on my blog and called the number and was told that the phone number was for Social Security and they gave me the number for Medicare, and after spending 20-30 minutes on the S.S. Phone and finally getting a human being they gave me the phone number for medicare; which I promptly called 3 times and the line was busy. Apparently the sign up for the Kaiser advantage has them confused on that also. I have received 2 phone calls welcoming me to Kaiser and I had to tell that wonderful young woman I have been a Kaiser member for the better part of 40 years. I did get another letter from Kaiser saying they were denying my appeal and it sounded like they had no idea that our plan was an ERISA plan. Their actions constitute a change in coverage since my qualification for Medicare. I am going to the Oaks Park picnic Tomorrow at 1pm for Senator Wyden's picnic and I WILL have a few questions for him. I RSVP'd for both Judi and I for Sunday but she is doing the Komen Walk in the am so she may not make the Wyden function, but I will definitely be there. I have a few questions if they are permitted, for the Senator on Social Security, Medicare, the D.C. Phone system and the new Health care program; Representative Schraders's new ad with Veteran Larry Roberta is very good.

I still believe the U of O is ANTI-UNION, and it appears to me now that they are not alone. Keep up the heat.

Cousin Larry Pahut's, run off election is in November and he will also need more help. I think he can start legally campaigning this week? I will say thank you to any and all that helped. That would be a picture of our grandfather there on the right, John L. Monahan, L for Larry? His sister, Patty Ann Sullivan is his Campaign Manager and must have done a fine job. I actually did send him a check, and you can too. I would ask all to give what they can. (campaign H.Q. Are 400 Spruce, Anaconda, Montana 59711) Based on the fact he is in a run off they will probably still need more funds, maybe I'll get my checks from S.S. or Kaiser before November.

God grant that I may live to fish until my dying day, And when it comes to my last cast, I then must humbly pray. When in the Lord's safe landing net I'm peacefully asleep,that in His mercy, I be judged............Good enough to keep.

**** My daily prayer, is to Mary Mother of God…..”O Most Blessed Mother, heart of love, heart of mercy, ever listening, caring, consoling, hear our prayer. As your children we implore your intercession with Jesus your Son. Receive with understanding and compassion the petitions we place before you today, the welcoming of Uncle Sandy and good friends Bob and Jim into the house of the Lord, for the safe return of nephew Christopher from Afghanistan; good family friend Pat Percin, cousin Larry Pahut in his endeavor to become the Deer Lodge County Justice of the Peace, cousin Mick, nephew Arron, Kelli's Mom, and those who are having some health issues; and all in need. We are comforted in knowing your heart is ever open to those who ask for your prayer. We trust to your care and intercession, those whom we love and who are sick or lonely or hurting. Help ALL of us, to bear our burdens in this life until we may share eternal life and peace with God forever, Amen.”
Thank You, Mother Mary, for your help and assistance, especially for BRINGING DANIEL HOME SAFELY, and protecting Christopher; for the safe delivery of Brandee's new baby girl, Mick and Gloria; and those, NOW covered with Health Care.

I know I have been repeating things, maybe too much, on my blog; but some of this stuff I need to be reminded of and some of this stuff others need to be reminded of.

M.S., and LDN REPORT

This is my attempt to keep track of my experiences with my LDN treatment for my Neurologist and his RN. So far with the 4.5mg, I think I'm noticeably better, I have changed when I take it to coincide with my noon regimen. I am experiencing better days and now that I'm doing the new dosage I am seeing a marked change. I stopped taking that brand new FDA approved pill on august 27th, Aminopyridine and I think I am be seeing a change in my balance. It was supposed to be good for “gait” issues, even those with primary progressive. My BP is 130/77/62 at 11:40am.

POLITICAL

TRY TO MAKE THE RON WYDEN FOR SENATE PICNIC 1pm SUNDAY AT OAKS PARK.

If you have been following the YELLOW RIBBON section I do believe that is the same Larry Roberta I reported on when nephew Daniel came back from Iraq in those moving RE-ELECT U.S. CONGRESSMAN KURT SCHRADER ads and I am definitely one that would like to see him sent back to D.C..

CHECK OUT PAST BLOGS FOR THE Top 5 Social Security Myths. I am only going to list the first one from now on, as it is the biggest, as far as I'm concerned and I will save the space.

Myth #1: Social Security is going broke.
Reality: There is no Social Security crisis.  By 2023, Social Security will have a $4.6 trillion surplus (yes, trillion with a 'T').  It can pay out all scheduled benefits for the next quarter-century with no changes whatsoever. After 2037, it'll still be able to pay out 75% of scheduled benefits—and again, that's without any changes. The program started preparing for the Baby Boomers' retirement decades ago. Anyone who insists Social Security is broke probably wants to break it themselves.

If you have been following my blog you must be aware that I am not the happiest with the actions or inactions of Congress or the President but I truly believe that in his year and a half he has got more done for me and working men and women of this country than has been accomplished in decades and I just can't believe there are polls out there that have the Democrats behind by 10 points for the fall elections. (John Bohener as Speaker of the house), could there possibly be that many people that want to go BACK to the BUSH years?

If your looking for that little piece that was forwarded from my Uncle Hank; you will have to check a past blog:

LOCAL

I did get 2 of my Cheryl Meyers For State Representative Lawn signs up and I hope having those 2 and 2 Mike Schauffler For State Representative signs in the yard doesn't confuse people.

Best wishes DR. JOHN and good luck. Apparently KGW TV may have got the ballplayer to agree to a debate on September 30th. I'll believe it when I see it! I am going to try to put an interactive link here on the blog with a message from Governor Kitzhaber.

Instead of debating the issues, The Republican candidate is still avoiding them – running glossy TV ads with empty slogans and stirring music. Oregonians deserve more: a real discussion about the issues between the candidates - and grassroots campaigns that take that discussion to the doorstep.

YELLOW RIBBON SECTION

NEPHEW CHRISTOPHER IS IN AFGHANISTAN STILL BUT SURE SOUNDED GOOD ON THE PHONE. Thank you for your service and you are in our prayers every day. It does appear our prayers are being heard.

ONE RIBBON STILL UP, FOR CHRISTOPHER, be safe, hurry home, and it was great to hear from you.

DON'T FORGET, SOFT LANDING BILL
Please check the sites I have under YELLOW RIBBON as they all could use help.

If you are flying the American Flag, please keep flying it until ALL our Troops return home.

At the 11th Hour, on the 11th Day, of the 11th Month a cease fire was signed to end the war to end all wars in 1918. How's that worked out so far?

SPORTS

I have tried to sign up for Fantasy Football 3 times so far, but I don't think any of them worked?

It's still MLB Time, Hey Chicago, what do ya say, go Cubs go, Cubs gonna win today! Lou, we are going to miss you; but there is always next year.

And yes Mark, I will still check the Mariners schedule and try to get up there, but the season is fast ending so I don't know if I can, I sure missed you and Mike at the BULL SESSION.

Speaking of struggling teams, besides the Cubs and Mariners and Orioles; Peter you may have your people keep an eye on that Mehrens kid that should be playing fall ball for the S. Cal Rangers, I have been trying to follow his progress on line and he definitely has the right stuff, based on what I've read he will be making a wonderful closer.

COMMUNITY ORGANIZERS & CHARITIES

SUSAN G. KOMEN WALK/RUN TOMORROW, HELP IF YOU CAN !

The American Rights at Work still needs help. We must not take our eye off that MAIN issue, our two Senators haven't. E.F.C.A. Especially in light of that mine disaster in West Virginia and those Rig explosions in the Gulf.

The U.A. Local 290 “Don Salee” Member Assistance Program.

OTHER STUFF AND COMMUNICATIONS

****Thank You Mary Ellen****
May love and laughter light your days
And warm your heart and homes
May good and faithful friends be yours wherever you may roam
May peace and plenty bless your world with joy that long endures
May all life's passing seasons bring the best to you and yours

Whether you attend a church service, a Mosque, GLBT gathering, or Synagogue service, please say a prayer that God; yours, mine or ours; keeps our service men and women in the Palm of their hand.

Mike; My blog is 4 pages, and just under 2,000 words today, I think.

No comments: