Sunday, March 13, 2011

DID YOU SPRING TODAY ?

PERSONAL:

I am going to try to put the “DO NOT PATRONIZE THE VANCOUVER COLUMBIAN NEWSPAPER” information (phone numbers and email addresses) on the front page.

They need to hear our voices: Scott Campbell, Publisher
360-735-4500
scott.campbell@columbian.com Lou Brancaccio, Editor
360-735-4505
lou.brancaccio@columbian.com Circulation
360-694-2312
circulation@columbian.com
Be respectful, but tell them why you are contacting them.

Now back to my regular blog:

I awoke this morning at 8:30am after 9+ hours of sleep to a 3-, and I forgot to spring forward, but after Jeremiah's B.D. Party last night, at which Crystal did a great job, my spring was pretty well sprung. I took my am pills and checked the bird seed on the west deck, of which there was still plenty left. I did notice that it appeared the geese also went on to daylight Saving Time as it was really 9am when they flew overhead. I did check my email yesterday and I got a response from the trust attorney on any actions that were taken at the trust meeting Wednesday. His response was I am going to have to file an appeal; Daaa? I did not make the our 290 meeting yesterday morning at the Refectory, and it may have been more productive but I wanted to save my energy for Jeremiah's party.

I missed the Birthday Party for cousin Patti Ryan. I really hated missing it but Crystal's Jeremiah's had been on my calender for a while now.

Again I will remind all; Good friend Kenny G. passed away and I still have a few people to try to contact, but please add him to your prayers also. I still didn't get a response from from the Governor yet but I did get an email from one of his new hires, one that I consider a good friend, former Clackamas County Chair, Lynn Peterson, I do remember her as a good JOBS person at the county. I watched the news and saw the devastation from that 8.9 point Earth Quake in Japan and the concern about the explosion of that one Power plant. and I did talk to Bruce and they were all well because he was here in Portland for a Dr.'s appointment. I think they are back home by now and I will try to catch up with him later this week.

And I will remind everyone again that good friend Yusef Word is leaving for Guatemala City in a couple weeks for Americorps and could still use some assistance. Yusuf Word is in Americorps, and trying to get to Guatemala in Central America and spread the GOOD WORD about the U.S.A. (You can help by donating to him at 1825 S. Stevens St. Apt. 13 – Tacoma, Washington 98405. Another program on the republican chopping block.

I haven't heard any new news on Uncle Hank so I would still ask all to include him in your prayers. I did add that new section; “AOH” to combine the various Irish statements and thoughts in a single section. One of our most important holidays is just 4 days away.

I will now make another pitch for support for my election to our Internationals National Convention. I do want to keep my record intact of making every National Convention I have been eligible for since I joined the United Association.

And please don't forget to register at the M.S. Walk Oregon for “WALLY'S WALKERS”, now just 27 days away. THANK YOU NORTHWEST OREGON LABOR COUNCIL AND THANK YOU PAUL RIGGS and THE CPBT for YOUR VERY GENEROUS DONATION'S.

I will put the prayer to St. Jude in here again for 290 brother Bob Barnett, good friend Kenny G., the families of the Tucson shootings and those suffering from the Earthquake and Sunami's in Japan, so please add them to your prayers also.

** For Brother Barnett, good friend Kenny, the Tuscon families and those suffering in Japan **

Prayer to St. Jude for Eternal Life
You are my solace, St. Jude, in the face of loss and sorrow. I pray that you will guide my heart away from the darkness of fear and into the light of Christ. May the hope that St. Jude keeps alive in my heart be a source of comfort to all those who grieve. For in that hope, we know God's mercy, and we trust God's promise of eternal life. My soul longs for the fullness of life, which is only to be revealed when I meet my Maker in heaven. Stay by my side, St. Jude, so that my soul will always know the power of your healing love. Amen.

God grant that I may live to fish until my dying day, And when it comes to my last cast, I then must humbly pray. When in the Lord's safe landing net I'm peacefully asleep, that in His mercy, I be judged............Good enough to keep.

**** My daily prayer, is to Mary Mother of God…..”O Most Blessed Mother, heart of love, heart of mercy, ever listening, caring, consoling, hear our prayer. As your children we implore your intercession with Jesus your Son. Receive with understanding and compassion the petitions we place before you today. For cousin Mick, uncle Hank, nephew Arron, Kelli's Mom, good friend Ron Wyden, good family friend Pat Percin, brothers Jimmy Judge, and Gerry Bruce, sister Donna and those who are having health issues; protecting Christopher and Rhyon and all in need. We are comforted in knowing your heart is ever open to those who ask for your prayer. We trust to your care and intercession, those whom we love and who are sick or lonely or hurting. Help ALL of us, to bear our burdens in this life until we may share eternal life and peace with God forever, Amen.”

I know I have been repeating things, apparently too much, on my blog; but some of this stuff I need to be reminded of and some of this stuff others need to be reminded of.

KAISER AND M.S. REPORT:

I did get our request off to the 290 E-board for the M.S. Walk and will try to make the e-board Wednesday night. To register and get started with fund raising, donate to a walker (WALLY'S WALKERS), or find out about volunteer opportunities, visit www.walkmsoregon.com.

This is also my attempt to keep track of my experiences with Kaiser Permanente and my Neurologist and his RN. So far with the Ampyra and the 4.5mg LDN, I think I'm noticeably better. My BP is 121/69/75 at 12:20pm today. After I got my last “explanation of benefits” this is not a bill but in the billed amount was $84.10 (exactly the LDN amount) in the next column was the allowed amount of $84.10, the member responsibility was 0.00, Kaiser paid 0.00; if the member responsibility was 0.00 WHY DID IT COST ME $84.10?? When I turned in my latest Lloyd Center Pharmacy receipt it was for my LDN, so I figure I will probably get my “denial”soon. It sounds like the trust attorney is trying to get to the bottom of it and I did get an email from him following the trust meeting and apparently the Kaiser representative said I need to file an appeal of the denial; I think that means I have my denial in the mail, I haven't seen it yet but do I wait for them to kill a few more tree's or act before I get the official “DENIAL”. I have a full briefcase just of my Kaiser stuff and that dosen't include the dozens of email's between Kaiser, my Doctor's and the attorney. I will remind everyone that I WILL be taking action with Kaiser Member services, if and when I need to.

POLITICAL:

Another issue that concerns me with this NEW congress is the “SPENDING CUTS” they are considering, and it seems at the TOP of the list is “entitlement” spending. One of the talking heads shows said entitlement spending (social security, Medicare?) makes up for 84% of federal spending, does that mean that the D.O.D. Budget with 2+ wars, and interest on the current National Debt only accounts for 16%. I do think they may have it backwards. I have a question for my republican friends; When I put my money in the bank and then draw it out, do YOU consider that an entitlement? HMMMN?? I also received an email to sign on a petition for a new Constitutional Amendment; I signed on to the petition imediately.

MY MOST IMPORTANT SECTION!!

YELLOW RIBBON SECTION:

A PROGRAM THAT IS ALSO LOOKING FOR HELP: LETS BRING EM HOME
!!

http://www.lbeh.org/

First Lady Michelle Obama and Dr. Jill Biden addressed the National Governors' Association and talked about their initiative to support America's military families.

Don't forget to say THANK YOU, to all those servicemen and women who have served or are serving.

NEPHEW CHRISTOPHER IS STILL IN AFGHANISTAN, Due back stateside next month but; IT APPEARS THAT NEPHEW RHYON WILL BE HEADED BACKIN MAY, but Stephanie heard from him and he is in Southern California training now, so a prayer a day for both, from all my readers would sure make me feel better.

ONE RIBBON STILL UP, FOR CHRISTOPHER, AND WHEN RHYON GETS REDEPLOYED, HIS RIBBON WILL GO BACK UP.

DON'T FORGET, THE SOFT LANDING BILL, and thank you SENATOR PATTY MURRAY and CONGRESSMAN KURT SCHRADER for helping with it
.

PLEASE SUPPORT THE OREGON MILITARY SUPPORT NETWORK.

If you are flying the American Flag, please keep flying it until ALL our Troops return home.

At the 11th Hour, on the 11th Day, of the 11th Month a cease fire was signed to end the war to end all wars in 1918. How's that worked out so far?

AOH REPORT:

I received my latest AOH NEWSPAPER and I want to congratulate the Anaconda, Montana AOH Division 1 on their 125th anniversary and point out that the Montana State President, Tom Pahut, is my cousin and the Division 1 brothers carrying the AOH banner on the first page of my blog are direct decedents of my Grandfather, also pictured on the first page “John L. Monahan”. And I did tell cousin Jim he should have been there and that it was the AOH that Built St. Francis Church in SE Portland. (interesting factoid; That was the church that my #2 W.O.W. Woman attended and was married in; Dianna PAULEY McCoy.) I have found out that the first Monahan that showed up on any U. S. past history was an Ann Monahan who arrived in New York on April 5, 1848 aboard the ship “Waterloo,” at the time of the famine.

I also need to report that Uncle Hank has returned to the hospital, I still haven't called but; all prayers are still appreciated.

While the Montana AOH received a Governors Proclamation with a 3 day celebration on their 125th anniversary; It appears our Mayor will be doing a very good proclamation and I do hope to be able to make that Council meeting. I also received the Photo from the February meeting and Brother in Law Eric did a fine job printing it, thank you Eric. Now all I have to do is get out and find an appropriate frame. I also checked the Monahan Family name History I got while I was in D.C. a few years ago and I don't know how I missed it but I did see where, when the name ( O Manachain) whose descendants name came from the Gaelic manach; meaning Monk. Also included the famous Warrior of Connacht from the 9th century. More to come in a future blog. Thank You Ann Monahan for you bravery. (I have found out there are many other Ann's in the family?)

I also received some information from the National AOH regarding a “Hugely Important” Book written by father Sean McManus regarding his 30+ years fighting for justice in Northern Ireland from his Washington D.C. office (we hope to put together a direct link for all interested) and it also lists his congressional friends in this 112th Congress; an impressive list indeed. Ranging from conservative republicans like Peter King of R-N.Y (which makes me wonder what he possible could be thinking right now with his Committee hearings on un-american Muslims?) to Barney Frank D-MA, I still think we need a few OREGONIANS on Father McManus's “Congressional Friends” list. We must never forget the Ballymurphy Massacre of 1971, and we need to realize along with a number of Irish Catholic's, including a priest, that were assassinated that day there were also a number of Northern Irish Protestants. This battle for justice that is being waged here in the U.S.A. by father McManus is also being waged in Belfast Northern Ireland by a heroic Belfast protestant named Raymond McCord Sr., whose son was also assassinated. His Book will soon be available on Amazon and I am going to try to get a direct link with the help of wife Judith; our own personal Amazon book distributor. You also might be interested to know that the book launch and a book signing will be held at the Phoenix Park Hotel on May Day in Washington D.C.; a hotel I have been to many times as it is above one of my favorite D.C. Drinking establishments in Washington; THE DUBLINER !! (which I have always considered KELL'S EAST.) ONLY 4 DAYS UNTIL ST. PATRICKS DAY; ARE YOU READY?

SPORTS:

The DUCKS have sure looked good enough in the PAC 10 Tourney to get a birth in the NCAA tourney drawings today, because I'm sure they surprised many.

The Blazers hot streak was stopped, in of all places Charlotte even though they have most everyone back at close to 100%, but it IS time to start a new run.

I did see where the Oregon M.S. Chapter is putting together a fund raiser game with the Blazers.

I also received an offer from the Portland Timbers and they are offering partial season tickets at a very reasonable price and I am considering it, but looking for someone that might want to share.

Lets get some nice golf weather so I can get out and practice.

I am sure glad the baseball pre-season is here. Cubs vs Dodgers today.

COMMUNITY ORGANIZERS & CHARITIES:

Lets get started with fundraising, donate to a walker, “WALLY'S WALKERS”, or find out about volunteer opportunities, visit www.walkmsoregon.com. Thank You, Ed and Luanne Barnes, Lynn Lehrbach and Lori Vaughn for getting me started. AND ALSO THE MEMBERS AND ORGANIZATIONS OF THE NORTHWEST OREGON LABOR COUNCIL, AND BROTHER PAUL RIGGS AND THE CPBT FOR THAT VERY GENEROUS DONATION, and I do hope U.A. 290 acts favorably again this year.

I found the updated 2011 BULL SESSION website. ( http://www.bullsessioncharity.com ) I haven't gone there yet myself, but I did get their 2011 letter and booklet. REMEMBER – IT'S FOR THE KIDS ! THANK YOU JIM ! AND THANK YOU ALSO TO THE MEMBERS OF LOCAL 290 FOR YOUR VERY GENEROUS DONATION. ALL HELP APPRECIATED.

The American Rights at Work still needs help. We must not take our eye off that MAIN issue, our two Senators haven't; E.F.C.A. It is very disappointing that it was not lame duck accomplishment, especially in light of the ongoing protests in Wisconsin, and the mine disaster in West Virginia and those Rig explosions in the Gulf. I do think that both Senator Robert Byrd and Paul Wellstone are rolling over in their graves. And based on what I have been hearing the Republican's have Organized Labor directly in their cross hairs at least for the next 2 years.

The U.A. Local 290 “Don Salee” Member Assistance Program.

OTHER STUFF AND COMMUNICATIONS:

Women Building California & the Nation
A Conference Welcoming All Women in the Trades and Women in the Industry from Everywhere

April 29th-May 1st
Marriott Oakland City Center, 1001 Broadway, California


MICK, BOB, RON, JIM and CHRISTOPHER, stay positive and we will meet on the golf course (but I'm not sure if Ron even Plays) but I will take it easy on all of you. I also talked to good friend Scott Gardner and he wants to get together for some golf. I also heard from good friend and brother Joe McCarthy and he is going in for surgery on his rotator cuff, but as soon as he is well we will get out also.

May love and laughter light your days
And warm your heart and homes
May good and faithful friends be yours wherever you may roam
May peace and plenty bless your world with joy that long endures
May all life's passing seasons bring the best to you and yours

Whether you attend a church service, a Mosque, GLBT gathering, or Synagogue service, please say a prayer that God; yours, mine or ours; keeps our service men and women in the Palm of their hand.

Mike; My blog, is 6 pages, and over 2,800 words today, I think.

No comments: