Wednesday, June 9, 2010

EPILEPSY WALK, JUNE 19TH

PERSONAL
I awoke today at 7am today after 10+hrs of sleep to a 3-. I took my am pills, I went down to DMV yesterday with my license renewal notice and the information I received over the phone was wrong. On the phone they told me to bring my drivers license, the renewal notice and the signed paperwork from my neurologist for my handicap parking permit and my Medicare card. The manager at DMV told me that because of the law change I also needed my birth certificate and or a passport, to PROVE I was a legal resident of this country. I hope this doesn't sound racist but at least ½ the people waiting appeared to be illegals and most of the information posted was in Spanish or Asian, and they seemed to get real joy out of my dilemma while I was talking to the DMV Manager. He told me that they changed the law in 2008 and I now must have a passport or birth certificate. I did call Kaiser to check and see if my donut hole is plugged, they took the forms and told me once it was “processed” I would get a “check in the mail”, less my regular deductible. I think the DMV works for the oil industry as it took two trips so far, about 30 miles of gas. I now have 2 issues to discuss at the Brent Barton “Town Hall”.

We have PUBLISHED AUTHOR in the family and I think she is only a few sales away from making the Clackamas County Review best seller list. If you check on the picture here on the front page it should take you to where you can order it. Until she started writing that cookbook I never realized how many people needed Gluten Free food. I also have another book to recommend. “The Opposite Field” by Jessie Katz. I would encourage anyone who likes Baseball, in particular little league, to get that book. I am on chapter 6 and it has been a really good read so far.

I am still asking you all to send that Arena information off to all the Duck Alumni you can find. Cousins Bobbie and Dan need to know that, from what I got out of the U of O testimony was that, that bribery scheme to come up with the low bidders was reminiscent to me of the Gotti Family in New York. I guess since I have had sooo much time to sit in front of the T.V. since I retired, and watched too many “Sapranno's” I may be a little jaded, but I think Frohnmayer and most of those in the phony construction management firm on the U. of O. Arena, if they were engineering majors at Oregon, I'm thinking their minors were T.V. and/or Movie making; although I didn't notice any “goodfella's” at the hearing? They spent a lot of time talking about “In Kind donations” being the difference between the LOW BID and #2, if it sounds like bribery and it looks like bribery is it a duck?

There is a new addition to the “ZERO” list, Sports related also. Listening to the U. of O. representatives, it appeared to me that they not only scammed the State of Oregon but also ALL their Alumni. I suggest that you all try to find this hearing on the State of Oregon Website and read the testimony. As I understand it there will be at least a few more hearings on these mess's. What was it by the way, that Dave Frohnmeyer did before he went to the U of O. I really didn't think the U of O is ANTI-UNION, but it sure appears they are now. I guess I'm too old now but I do remember a time I worked with both Cecil and Wayne Drinkward of Hoffman, who built a great construction company, and while we did not always agree on stuff their word WAS their bond and even they wouldn't come up with such a scam.

NEPHEW CHRISTOPHER IS IN AFGHANISTAN STILL; thank you for your service and you are in our prayers.

We think nephew Rhyon has made it back, at least as far as Hawaii.

Cousin Larry Pahut's election was yesterday for Justice of the Peace in Deer Lodge County. I will say thank you to any and all that helped. That would be a picture of his grandfather there on the right, John L. Monahan, L for Larry? His sister, Patty Ann Sullivan is his Campaign Manager and we became face book friends. I actually did send him a check, and saw that it had been cashed and would ask all to give what they can. (campaign H.Q. Are 400 Spruce, Anaconda, Montana 59711) Based on my experience with Judi's attempt at getting elected, they will probably still need some funds, weather he wins or looses.

God grant that I may live to fish until my dying day, And when it comes to my last cast, I then must humbly pray. When in the Lord's safe landing net I'm peacefully asleep,that in His mercy, I be judged............Good enough to keep.

My daily prayer, is to Mary Mother of God…..”O Most Blessed Mother, heart of love, heart of mercy, ever listening, caring, consoling, hear OUR prayer. As your children we implore your intercession with Jesus your Son. Receive with understanding and compassion the petitions we place before you today, for the safe return of nephew Christopher from Afghanistan; good family friend Pat Percin, all those families suffering from those mine disasters in West Virginia and Kentucky, the coast residents of Texas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Florida and Georgia (those Drill Baby Drill states); cousin Larry Pahut in his endeavor to become the Deer Lodge County Justice of the Peace; and all in need. We are comforted in knowing your heart is ever open to those who ask for your prayer. We trust to your care and intercession, those whom we love and who are sick or lonely or hurting. Help ALL of us, to bear our burdens in this life until we may share eternal life and peace with God forever, Amen.”
Thank You, Mother Mary, for your help and assistance, especially for BRINGING DANIEL HOME SAFELY; for Brandee, whose pregnancy I understand is going well; and now those, NOW covered with Health Care.

I know I have been repeating things, maybe too much, on my blog; but some of this stuff I need to be reminded of and some of this stuff others need to be reminded of.

M.S., LDN and AMP REPORT

This is my attempt to keep track of my experiences with my LDN treatment for my Neurologist and his RN. So far with the 4.5mg, I think I'm noticeably better, especially since I am starting my day with it instead of finishing the day. I am experiencing better days and now that I'm doing the new dosage I am seeing a marked change. I have now been on that brand new FDA approved pill, Aminopyridine, even though I missed a few times, I am very pleased. It is supposed to be good for “gait” issues, even those with primary progressive. My B.P. was 139/75/54 at 8:50am today. And I haven't even checked the DOW yet.

POLITICAL
DO YOU THINK ALL THOSE PEOPLE IN THE GULF WAITING ON ALL THAT B.P. OIL TO COME ASHORE WOULD RATHER HAVE HAD AN L.N.G. PLANT? ( this is for all my Oregon Anti LNG readers)
WELL DONE EARL ! WELL DONE KURT !

LOCAL

I will check the Montana Standard on line to day to see how cousin Larry fared.

CHECK PAST POSTS TO FIND WHERE DR. JOHN KITZHABER IS AND WHEN.

Oregon Senate Candidate Brent Barton will be having a “Town Hall” on 10am June 12th with A.G. John Kroger at Clackamas High School Library. I'm going to try to make it, hope to see you there.

YELLOW RIBBON SECTION

From Senator Martha Schrader's update:
Veterans’ Reintegration Task Force:
Fort Oregon Web Site: Check out FortOregon.com! It was established as a centralized point of contact on the multitude of agencies and services that provide support and benefits to soldiers and their dependents.

Go to the website www.VVMFCenter.org – they are collecting dollars for an education center at “The Wall”, Washington D.C.'s Vietnam Veterans Memorial, help if you can.

HURRY HOME AND BE SAFE CHRISTOPHER.

Larry Roberta, a reclusive Aumsville veteran whose story of health problems from hexavalent chromium exposure in The Oregonian alerted his fellow soldiers, most of whom live between Forest Grove, McMinnville and Gresham. Roberta's testimony before the Oregon Legislature last year helped create a fund for soldiers who develop cancer as a result of this exposure, and if you noticed I now have a follower with the same name. Roberta, 44, has also launched the Web site www.qarmat-ali-vets.com, which includes a logo of an orange ribbon with a skull and crossbones., is the one that all with friends and family in Iraq, should visit.

Check www.LetsSayThanks.com often to read feedback from the troops about the Let's Say Thanks program!

If you flew the American Flag for Memorial Day, please keep flying it until ALL our Troops return home.

At the 11th Hour, on the 11th Day, of the 11th Month a cease fire was signed to end the war to end all wars in 1918. How's that worked out so far?

SPORTS
The Rangers played Sunday, they lost but I am not sure how Michael Ross did because their website hasn't been updated yet.

The 290 golf tournament is Sunday and I am really looking forward to it.

It's MLB Time, Hey Chicago, what do ya say, go Cubs go, Cubs gonna win today!

And yes Mark, I will check the Mariners schedule and try to get up there. I understand the Cubs are coming to town for a three game set this month and I am going to try to get tickets for the Thursday Day game. I hope they haven't sold out yet.

Speaking of struggling teams, Go Orioles; and Peter have your people keep an eye on that Mehrens kid that did play for the S. Cal Rangers.

COMMUNITY ORGANIZERS & CHARITIES

Denise Hutzenbieler is looking for help with her walk for Epilepsy on June 19th. I hope I don't miss it.
Support EFNW - Eastbank side of waterfront park - The Northwest Run/Walk for Epilepsy benefits the Epilepsy Foundation Northwest and is a community fundraising walk. The organization provides uncompensated programs and services for people with epilepsy and seizure related conditions. Nearly 119,000 people in Oregon, Washington, Alaska and Montana have seizure related health issues, and the Epilepsy Foundation Northwest is the largest agency serving the needs of these communities so all will have better success in leading more productive and independent lives.

The American Rights at Work still needs help. We must not take our eye off that MAIN issue. E.F.C.A. Especially in light of that mine disaster in West Virginia and those Rig explosions in the Gulf. I watched 60 minutes and as far as I am concerned, now that the Supreme Court has ruled that Corporations must be treated as regular people as far as “Campaign Finance is concerned” shouldn't they be treated as regular people when it comes to Murder or Manslaughter? If two or more people get together to plan and commit a crime isn't that a “conspiracy”; isn't that how they got the MOB?

The U.A. Local 290 “Don Salee” Member Assistance Program.

OTHER STUFF AND COMMUNICATIONS“GET 'ER DONE” - SOFT LANDING ! And give them back their money, and their overdue raise!
Congratulations to all who will be graduating this year/month. Michael Ross's Courtney, Daniel's Cody, Jo Ann's Twins, and the many I have probably missed.

The following is my wish for all of you:

****Thank You Mary Ellen****
May love and laughter light your days
And warm your heart and homes
May good and faithful friends be yours wherever you may roam
May peace and plenty bless your world with joy that long endures
May all life's passing seasons bring the best to you and yours

Whether you attend a church service, a Mosque, GLBT gathering, or Synagogue service, please say a prayer that God; yours, mine or ours; keeps our service men and women in the Palm of their hand.

Mike; My blog is 4 pages, just over 2,100 words today, I think. I'll see you next time on my blog.

No comments: