Tuesday, August 4, 2009

GOOD JOB EARL

PERSONAL

I awoke this morning at 6:45am to almost 4 already, after 8+ hours of sleep. And a clear morning and it was below 60 degree's on the east deck. I took my am pills, put out my flag and my yellow ribbon and settled in for some chair massages and started to get ready for the BT meeting. I needed to be ready early because Judi was taking the car in for maintenance and to check that tire with the slow leak. I had told John I was coming as, Earl Blumenhauer (One of my favorites in the U.S. House of Representatives) was scheduled to attend and I didn't want to miss him. I knew I would be posting late today as I would try to get together with a couple of the delegates for lunch, and maybe a chance at supporting Oregons WOP fund ( Widows, Orphans and Parks Fund) the lottery. John's meeting was well attended, well run and Earl was very informative with his remarks and I'm not sure if I was the only one there to hear his remarks last Friday but I did, and he was excellent. After the meeting I did mention I heard it all but at least Willy knew I watched and I think he was genuinely amused when I used that wonderful Poeism. (And thats just the way it is!) After an excellent lunch with some really good guys and a little WOP investment, and after my lovely wife joined me, we returned home and I am here at my work station to post.

I did hear from my Neurologist's RN and he is going to call in my prescription for that new treatment I am going to try, she said I can get it at a pharmacy in Milwaukie, but it appears it is going to take a few days.

One of my grand nieces had an accident and was burned pretty bad. I am sure she is not only in a lot of pain but very uncomfortable in this weather, rumor has it, it will cool off really good by Friday. I hope so, for her sake. I am going to ask you to add Maggie to your prayers with me.....................I sure hope I got the right grand niece, and the name right, as they are all grand.

Again; Thanks to Nephew Daniel's (Dannette's youngest) wife Trina, Judi and I both got to get a video phone call (skype.com) from Daniel in Iraq last week and I received one from nephew Christopher, who is in S Cal, getting ready to head for Afghanistan. They both looked good and it was really special. When I related the story of the Guard members being charged for internet access today everyone I spoke with was as disgusted as I.

By the way; I mean no disrespect for putting the yellow ribbon on my flag pole holder, The flag comes in at night but I plan to leave the ribbon there until Daniel comes over to untie my knot.

I am wondering how Billy's trip is going and if he was able to stop in Helena on his trip to see Peg and Billy Joe, maybe he will be lucky enough to see uncle Sandy.

I did tell Dr. Zarelli, among other things, that I actually liked the heat, but not so much over 100 degrees, and even though we stayed at “Gregson Hot Springs”, now called Fairmont Resort, on our Montana trip, I did not take advantage of those natural hot spring waters. And I didn't awake this morning soaked again, so, if it was a fever it must have finally broke.

Judi was feeling better today, so I didn't get an attack of that good ole Irish, Catholic Guilt for the rides today.
Again, I will say thank you, to all those who joined my request for prayers for me, all my friends and relatives, and the men and women in the service of their State and Country.

I would ask everyone to continue the prayers that can. As I said in my email, I AM living proof of good results. And as I am back to driving, and all those OTHER drivers will need those prayers.

My daily prayer is to Mary Mother of God…..”O Most Blessed Mother, heart of love, heart of mercy, ever listening, caring, consoling, hear OUR prayer. As your children we implore your intercession with Jesus your Son. Receive with understanding and compassion the petitions we place before you today, especially for my dear friends Dianna, Jim E., Kelli and her brother, grand niece Maggie and all in need.

We are comforted in knowing your heart is ever open to those who ask for your prayer. We trust to your care and intercession, those whom we love and who are sick or lonely or hurting. Help ALL of us, to bear our burdens in this life until we may share eternal life and peace with God forever, Amen.”

I know I have been repeating things, maybe too much, on my blog; but some of this stuff I need to be reminded of and some of this stuff others need to be reminded of.

POLITICAL

My Representative is having his annual Birthday Party; I am sorry I cannot make it but I would encourage those that can; do. I did see him Today at John's CPBT meeting and I forgot my checkbook but I will be making a donation for his race, we DO really need him there.

They announced that the “cash for clunkers” program had been fully expended and the House has a proposal (from Jay Inslee D Wa.) to extend it; and as they were talking about the success of the program, I heard a bunch of loud applause from the gallery. And on the Ed Shultz show one of his interviewee's, who strongly supported the program, said he believed the program should be continued and now be limited to “American Made” because it is an American Taxpayer financed program, even though SOME of those “foriegn” cars are built by an American workers, and it is for rebuilding “American” manufacturing and American Jobs. I agree with him whole-heartedly; we should also do something about allowing a WalMart Superstore any where near an American Manufacturing center.

And so I'm not accused of always being negative I am putting up my own State Representative, Brent Barton for the Hero List. I am not sure if Camp Withicom(sp ?) is in his district but his work for Veterans, and others, in this last Legislative Session was exemplary in my book.

Some of the Items:

1)SOFT LANDING for our returning vets

2)In state tuition for all vets no matter their State of residency. (Daniel take note) Go Vikings, Go Ducks, Go Beavers

3)He is on the Task Force for Veterans' Reintegration

4)Supports Education K through old folks

5)He sent me a great B.D. Card.

I think I've found a crew of ZERO' s; to be led by (new #1, but just barely) Senator Jeff Sessions of Alabama and includes all but one of the Republicans on the Judiciary Committee. The Supreme Court nomination started reheating today and the Health Care Bill debate should also be heating up during the recess, town halls. But it does look like Sotomayor will be confirmed. After looking at he lineups I am going to predict a 72/28 vote.....................AH WALLY YOU OPTOMIST
I've been watching a lot of the r's give speeches on what is wrong with the President's plans and the (mostly) Democrats support, but they keep leaving that first or last line of the speech out......... “I GOT MINE”!

Trina's setting up of this Internet program (skype.com) to be able to connect with Daniel, and Christopher directly and the video-call I had with Daniel and then Christopher, I think has given me a 4+ rating that just continues. She was in the neighborhood because she is helping out at the Guard near here, and she said she will help start that Lefty video I've been nagging about.

You would think after nicking our Men and Women in the Guard $65.00 a month for internet access they could at least provide even a little gas money to their volunteers. HINT,HINT,HINT I Hope Willy reads and tells Earl, I tried to make sure the other representatives at the CPBT today were as disgusted as I, and sure enough they All were.

I still don't know yet, if the “soft landing” bill is done but that is one issue I will keep harping on until I am sure.

As near as I can figure, all that needs to be done for the soft landing at the State Level (Legislature) is complete; thank you Rick and Brent; and everyone. I believe the next brick (pillow) to be placed, is the responsibility of the Federal Government and I believe that it is in the hands of our own Senator Wyden. (a safe place for it right now, I hope) but, as that famous live artist says......GET 'ER DONE. - SOFT LANDING !

I watched those upstart House democrats rallying on the capital steps in front of the camera's who were very firm that “rolling over” for the “Blue Dog” Democrats could lose more than they “gain” in any republican support.

Health Care Now !

http://stories.barackobama.com/healthcare/stories/update_landing
We get it and we need to make sure Congress gets it, too. Call your member of Congress right now: 1-866-210-3678
OK, what did YOU do for the Guard today. Daniel's wife Trina is helping, with a houseful of kids and a 3? year old with 3rd degree burns, and Daniel's in the Middle East.

Still sooooo many cages and wheels left!

For Senator Wydens Plan, check it out at.

http://wyden.senate.gov/issues/Healthy%20Americans%20Act/HAA_Employee_Examples.pdf

If you have any questions or concerns even besides Health Care be sure to attend any of your Senator's or Representatives functions during the recess:
And if you do go, please leave the message........GET “ER DONE - SOFT LANDING

By the way; You don't have to be a ”wheel” to get heard, just squeak for a while.

Bring our people home!

YELLOW RIBBON SECTION

Mine is up is yours?

At the 11th Hour, on the 11th Day, of the 11th Month a cease fire was signed to end the war to end all wars in 1918. How's that worked out so far?

SAVE PUTTS PALACE

Over 50 years ago my uncle “Putt” built a cabin at Georgetown Lake in Montana, (Putts Palace). His cabin at the lake and many others like it developed recreational areas for the use of just regular citizens. And while doing this they protected the environment for future generations. He was not a RADICAL ENVROMENTALIST, he was just a mechanic, a Pearl Harbor Survivor with kids that liked fishing.
He believed everyone owned the lake and deserved access to the Public Lands and then came the “Summer Homes” at the lake, and now thanks to those “absent owners” it appears they are “buying” (LOBBYING) to price the riff-raff out of their real “cabins”. I am not sure if I'm part of the riff, or part of the raff, but as they yelled out the windows in that old famous movie........”I'm mad as hell, and I'm not taking it any more!”

SPORTS

I still think Felix Hernandez is the Cy Young leader right now in the American league, and he has been awesome his last 10+ games, ERA under 1 ½ . before his last outing anyway; We'll see if his last outing was just a fluke-stumble or something more serious but based on the trade they made they don't seem too concerned and the Mariners should be getting their regulars back before long and whatever you do; don't tell anyone from Anaconda that that Butte catcher is really good, you will for sure catch heck.
OK; I was definitely chastised by one of my many readers, who I believe to be a White Sox fan; He is from Chicago, his first name begins with B and after the stomping Felix took his last game, Buehrle, is definitely in the running in the American League Cy Young; but Felix is still leading.

THE ADMONISHMENT (pre Yankee's White Sox game :-0)

“Wally,
No mention of the perfect game by Mark Buehrle in the sport section of your blog?”

I also still think Carlos Zambrano is the Cy Young leader in the National league; I hope that lower back strain is not to serious. Chicago still with contenders in both the N.L. & A.L.: has the same city ever had both Cy Young winners?
Then There's that kid with the Dodgers who is still looking pretty good.

Look Out..........the Portland Beavers are on a win streak.......One in a row; and that reliever last night hit triple digits a couple of times; I've got my tickets for the B.T. Appreciation night.

Also, now knowing I am related, GO ST. LOUIS, and I would advise all you FFB people drafting RAMS players is probably going to be a good move, even though I don't know Paul that well I do know Patti Ann and Bill are first class motivators. I finally got my name and password straight at NFL.COM

COMMUNITY ORGANIZERS

The American Rights at Work still needs help.

Are there better Community Organizations than the National Guard or the USO?

Here's two, from what I consider the top of the list, the OSBT (Oregon State Building Trades) and the NWOLC (Northwest Oregon Labor Council). Judy O'Connor told me she is retiring and Her and Tony are moving to Montana. I have also set aside October 10th and I sure hope her and Tony are in town. I have known Judy, and Tony since Lon Immel, Ron Fortune and Bud Barnes. They taught her well, she learned even better; but I WAS the one to teach her to dance. She will definitely be missed and hard to replace, but whomever does, they will do fine, with aid from everyone.

OTHER STUFF AND COMMUNICATIONS

“GET 'ER DONE” - SOFT LANDING ! And give them back their $40.00!

So it wasn't bad enough our Men and Women in the Guard got nicked $40.00 before they shipped out NOW they have to pay $65.00 a month for internet access. RON....JEFF.....EARL....CAN'T YOU DO SOMETHING ABOUT THAT !

Desert Heaven; It's officially out there now......... http://www.amazon.com/Chef-Judis-Meringue-Recipes-ebook/dp/B002JTXD68/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=digital-text&qid=1249079718&sr=1-1
On my HERO list, my nephew Daniel who has deserved all his time at the top, big shoes for you to fill Brent.

I also read that an old friend of mine has announced her candidacy for Secretary Treasurer of the National AFL-CIO. I have known her for a long time and I must say, the AFL-CIO would be well served with her election. Elizabeth Shuler - you go girl!

And, Thank you Brent, that B.D. Card was really cool.

Please, I hope everyone can share the American Rights at Work, the MS walk, the March of Dimes walk, the long awaited and overdue - The Epilepsy Run/Walk (Team: The Epilepsy Slayers
at http://efnw.kintera.org/faf/r.asp?t=3&i=307542 and the Recovery websites; so my taxes and donations can be utilized to their fullest extent.

Whether you attend a church service, a Mosque, GLBT gathering, or Synagogue service, please say a prayer that God; yours, mine or ours; keeps our service men and women in the Palm of their hand.
(Dianna, Jim, Maria, Hayden, Maggie, Kelli and her brother also), don't forget the extra one for Dianna.
And thanks again Francesis (both of you)

Mike; My “short” blog is still to long today, and thanks to all of you, I am feeling as good as I have been in months 4++. And where are those promised changes, on my blog? August 4th , is here and even with all my edits I am still over 2,500?

Now don't forget to say your prayers. I'll see you next time on my blog

No comments: