Saturday, August 1, 2009

Meringue anyone?

PERSONAL

I awoke this morning at 6:45am to a 3 after 8 hours of sleep. And a sunny morning, with HOT projected again today, but it Was under 60 on the east deck. I took my am pills, put out my flag and settled in for some chair massages and didn't turn on my TV.

No jaunt's yesterday, I called niece Stephanie thanked her and he son Rhett for the wonderful B.D. Gift and card. The gift is a thin hanging Irish Wall Plaque with Shamrocks and she told me she has had it since June, when she saw it in a favorite store in Anacortes before they moved and knew it would be right for me. You see I have this quilt, that was made for me for Christmas last year by my niece Heidi that also has a very Irish theme that I use like a Schroeder (Charlie Brown) Blanket and it fits the decor here on my Lazy Boy office. I asked her as a former “Homeland Security, Border Agent renowned for their observation skills if she happened to notice certain things on the “painting”. On the Plaque? Some things she could not have known about me, my old home, or growing up. The color scheme is (obviously) green and gold-yellow. The house was similar to the house on Jackson street in Anaconda I grew up in, except we didn't have 3 fireplaces and we would have had two bedrooms in the “loft” space. I assumed (in the plaque) the house was located close to the river Shannon, which could easily be mistaken for Washoe Creek, or even Georgetown lake. As she has not been to Anaconda or Georgetown, as far as I know anyway, I could not fault her “observational skills” for that. BUT, I did ask if she noticed anything else in particular about “the Plaque”? She did tell me she believed it would match up real well with my “security” blanket, and she was spot on. Another thing she could not have known is how many hours as a kid I spent looking for four-leaf-clovers in a patch of shamrocks and here on the patches on the placque, all the green ones; which were over ½ were four leaf clovers. I am really sorry I missed Steph and Rhett but I have this awesome special Irish wall plaque that I am using right now, as a skid pad-insulation pad underneath my computer here on my lap in my lazy boy.

While the 26th of July was my final repeat report on the - The “Monahan” / Pahut / Mehrens / Roche / Sullivan / Lemelin / Lovell Family gathering, and I only bring it up again, because I expect another report from Cousin Joe and Cousin Bill. While it won't be part of the “official” reunion, I do believe cousin Billy's trip will reawaken the festivities, although he did miss the “official” reunion, there was another Frances that took good stead for him and I hope he has a good, safe trip. You also may notice the change in spelling, which proves, to me at least, I have at least one more reader than just Mike, who is my word counter, and brother.

Thanks to Nephew Daniels (Dannette's youngest) wife Trina, Judi and I both got to get a video phone call (skype.com) from Daniel in Iraq Wednesday and yesterday I received one from nephew Christopher, who is in S Cal, getting ready to head for Afghanistan. They both looked good and it was really special.

Did you know they are charging computer time to our soldiers for this access? That's criminal as far as I'm concerned.

I think Billy said he was going to try to stop in Helena on his trip to see Peg and Billy Joe, maybe he will be lucky enough to see uncle Sandy.

I'll still have to tell Dr. Zarelli when I do see him on the 3rd of August that I actually like the heat, but not so much over 100 degrees, and even though we stayed at “Gregson Hot Springs”, now called Fairmont Resort, on our Montana trip, I did not take advantage of those natural hot spring waters. And I have awoken for the last week or so soaked pretty good, sorta like a fever finally broke.

Again, I will say thank you, to all those who joined my request for prayers for me, all my friends, and the men and women in the service of their State and Country.

I would ask everyone to continue the prayers that can. As I said in my email, I AM living proof of good results. And as I am back to driving, all those OTHER drivers will need those prayers.

I have decided to at least try to be at the Building Trades Convention, as it is taking place at a favorite spot of mine at the coast and I am looking forward to seeing everyone. I also planned to partake in a keno tournament on the way back home at Spirit Mountain, but when I made the reservation I asked for a handicap, smoking room, which, it has been pointed out to me, was very rude, because I asked for a smoking room. After it was pointed out to me how rude I was being, especially concerning smoking, It got me to thinking about rudeness. Since I got my scooter I thought I had become more aware of rudeness, especially people that do not notice me in my scooter trying to get past them. I have no excuse for being rude myself, even with my M.S.. So to all those that I have been rude to, I apologize, especially my wife, who is a non-smoker, and those I have directed smart-a$$ comments at. It is not really humor and I WILL try to think more before I speak or act. I will also check on a non-smoking handicap room. These days of 100 degree plus weather have got me down to less than a ½ a pack a day as I am still only smoking outside, and as I check my “butts” when I empty my ash trays I've noticed them getting longer, I still have some Wellbutrin so maybe this trip would be a good time to try that again.

My daily prayer is to Mary Mother of God…..”O Most Blessed Mother, heart of love, heart of mercy, ever listening, caring, consoling, hear OUR prayer. As your children we implore your intercession with Jesus your Son. Receive with understanding and compassion the petitions we place before you today, especially for my dear friends Dianna, Jim E., Kelli and her brother and all in need.

We are comforted in knowing your heart is ever open to those who ask for your prayer. We trust to your care and intercession, those whom we love and who are sick or lonely or hurting. Help ALL of us, to bear our burdens in this life until we may share eternal life and peace with God forever, Amen.”

I learned last Saturday that Dianna is taking an experimental treatment for her condition and I would ask everyone to say an extra prayer that the experiment is successful. And thanks to efforts of her GOOD friend Mary, and our continued prayers, she may get more help in her Experimentl treatment.

Her GOOD friend ( mine too ) Mary who is Jewish, I think she also believes she has ancestors that were witches, and while my/our prayer is to “Mary Mother of God, Jesus”; and while they both were Jewish, and Mary Mother of Michael, is also doing good things for our friend Dianna, this is just one of those coincidences that makes one go Hmmm.

I know I repeat things, maybe too much, on my blog; but some of this stuff I need to be reminded of myself and some of this stuff others need to be reminded of.

POLITICAL

I did see Oregon Representative Kurt Schrader the other day during the 1 minute speeches, it was my first time seeing him up there, and his speech was on the recovery dollars reaching his district. As a retired Building Trades Representative, I did appreciate his “theme” and comments.

They announced that the “cash for clunkers” program had been fully expended and the House has a proposal (from Jay Inslee D Wa.) to extend it; and as they were talking about the success of the program, I heard a bunch of loud applause from the gallery. And on Ed Shultz last night one of his interviewee's, who strongly supported the program, said he believed the program should now be limited to “American Made” because it is an American Taxpayer financed program and is for rebuilding “American” manufacturing and American Jobs. I agree with him whole-heartedly; we should also do something about allowing a WalMart Superstore any where near an American Manufacturing center.

I did get my second zero's list inductee, up on page one, who I put in first place on my main page, Senator Jeff Sessions of Alabama. Even though it wasn't that Tom Price Representative guy from Georgia, I am sure he will make the list because of the health care bill, among other things.

John Boehner, he likes to pronounce it baynor, I like it the other way myself, is now #2; I'm still pretty sure they (Boehner & Price) have the same scriptwriters. I am sure there will be additions to the list but as I listen to C-span there are so many too chose from. he's not even swift enough to change a word or two in the speech the Insurance companies TOLD him, and others, (Congesswoman Backman and congressman McHenry are really working hard also to make this list also. (ZERO) If you have a nominee, let me know.

And, so I'm not accused of always being negative; I am putting up my own State Representative, Brent Barton for nomination to the Hero List. I am not sure if Camp Whithicome(sp ?) is in his district but his work for Veterans, and others, in this last Legislative Session was exemplary in my book. Some of the Items: 1) SOFT LANDING for our returning vets 2) In state tuition for all vets no matter their State of residency. (Daniel take note) Go Vikings, Go Ducks, Go Beavers 3) He is on the Task Force for Veterans' Reintegration 4) Supports Education K through old folks 5) He sent me a great B.D. Card.

The Senate has scheduled their vote on the Presidents Supreme Court Nominee next week.
Republican Senator Lindsey Graham gave a wonderful speech and is supporting the Presidents Supreme Court nomination and I'm mad, because he is the Republican from South Carolina.

I think I've found a crew of ZERO' s; to be led by (new #1, but just barely) Senator Jeff Sessions of Alabama and includes all but one of the Republicans on the Judiciary Committee. The Supreme Court nomination and the Health Care Bill debate are sure heating up. But it does look like Sotomayor will be confirmed. I've been watching a lot of the r's give speeches on what is wrong with the President's plans and the (mostly) Democrats support, but they keep leaving that first or last line of the speech out......... “I GOT MINE”!

Trina's setting up of that Internet program (skype) to be able to connect with Daniel, and Christopher directly and the video-call I had with Daniel and then Christopher, I think has given me a 4+ rating for this whole last week, and that's not just because I made it to 59.

She was in the neighborhood because she is helping out at the Guard near here, and she said she will help start that Lefty video I've been nagging about.

You would think after nicking our Men and Women in the Guard $65.00 a month for internet access they could at least provide even a little gas money to their volunteers. HINT,HINT

I still don't know yet, if the “soft landing” bill is done but that is one issue I will keep harping on until I am sure.

I watched those upstart House democrats rallying on the capital steps yesterday in front of the camera's who were very firm that “rolling over” for the “Blue Dog” Democrats could lose more than they “gain” in any republican support.

Health Care Now !

http://stories.barackobama.com/healthcare/stories/update_landing

We get it and we need to make sure Congress gets it, too. Call your member of Congress right now: 1-866-210-3678

As near as I can figure, all that needs to be done for the soft landing at the State Level (Legislature) is complete; thank you Rick and Brent; and everyone. I believe the next brick (pillow) to be placed, is the responsibility of the Federal Government and I believe that it is in the hands of our own Senator Wyden. (a safe place for it right now, I hope) but, as that famous live artist says......GET 'ER DONE. - SOFT LANDING !

OK, what did YOU do for the Guard today. Daniel's wife Trina is helping, with a houseful of kids and Daniel in the Middle East.

It's official, Trina did say Cody's job came through, so that cage rattling is over. But still sooooo many cages left!

For Senator Wydens Plan, check it out.

If you have any questions or concerns even besides Health Care be sure to attend any of your Senator's or Representatives functions during the recess:

http://wyden.senate.gov/issues/Healthy%20Americans%20Act/HAA_Employee_Examples.pdf

And if you do go, please leave the message........GET “ER DONE - SOFT LANDING

By the way; You don't have to be a ”wheel” to get heard, just squeak for a while.
Bring our people home!

YELLOW RIBBON SECTION

At the 11th Hour, on the 11th Day, of the 11th Month a cease fire was signed to end the war to end all wars in 1918. How's that worked out so far?

SAVE PUTTS PALACE

Over 50 years ago my uncle “Putt” built a cabin at Georgetown Lake in Montana, (Putts Palace). His cabin at the lake and many others like it developed recreational areas for the use of just regular citizens. And while doing this they protected the environment for future generations. He was not a RADICAL ENVROMENTALIST, he was just a mechanic, a Pearl Harbor Survivor with kids that liked fishing.
He believed everyone owned the lake and deserved access to the Public Lands and then came the “Summer Homes” at the lake, and now thanks to those “absent owners” it appears they are “buying” (LOBBYING) to price the riff-raff out of their real “cabins”. I am not sure if I'm part of the riff, or part of the raff, but as they yelled out the windows in that old famous movie........”I'm mad as hell, and I'm not taking it any more!”

SPORTS

I still think Felix Hernandez is the Cy Young leader right now in the American league, and he has been awesome his last 10+ games, ERA under 1 ½ . before his last outing anyway; We'll see if his last outing was just a fluke-stumble or something more serious but based on the trade they made they don't seem too concerned and the Mariners should be getting their regulars back before long and whatever you do; don't tell anyone from Anaconda that that Butte catcher is really good, you will for sure catch heck.

OK; I was definitely chastised by one of my many readers, who I believe to be a White Sox fan; He is from Chicago, his first name begins with B and after the stomping Felix took his last game, Buehrle, is definitely in the running in the American League Cy Young; but Felix is still leading.

“Wally,
No mention of the perfect game by Mark Buehrle in the sport section of your blog?”

I still think Carlos Zambrano is the Cy Young leader in the National league. Chicago with contenders in both the N.L. & A.L.: has the same city ever had both? Then There's that kid with the Dodgers who is still looking pretty good.

Also, now knowing I am related, GO ST. LOUIS, and I would advise all you FFB people drafting RAMS players is probably going to be a good move, even though I don't know Paul that well I do know Patti Ann and Bill are first class motivators.
.
COMMUNITY ORGANIZERS

The American Rights at Work still needs help.

Are there better Community Organizations than the National Guard or the USO?

Here's two, from what I consider the top of the list, the OSBT (Oregon State Building Trades) and the NWOLC (Northwest Oregon Labor Council). Judy O'Connor told me last week she is retiring and Her and Tony are moving to Montana. I have known Judy, and Tony since Lon Immel and Ron Fortune. They taught her well, she learned even better; but I WAS the one to teach her to dance. She will definitely be missed and hard to replace, but whomever does, they will do fine, with aid from everyone.

OTHER STUFF AND COMMUNICATIONS

“GET 'ER DONE” - SOFT LANDING ! And give them back their $40.00!

So it wasn't bad enough our Men and Women in the Guard got nicked $40.00 before they shipped out NOW they have to pay $65.00 a month for internet access. RON....JEFF.....EARL....DO SOMETHING ABOUT THAT !

Desert Heaven; It's officially out there now......... http://www.amazon.com/Chef-Judis-Meringue-Recipes-ebook/dp/B002JTXD68/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=digital-text&qid=1249079718&sr=1-1

On my HERO list, my nephew Daniel has been up for a while and he has deserved all that time at the top. You should know, it's not just because he is my nephew, or just because he is in the Oregon National Guard, serving in Iraq, and I'm sure he will be in Iraq for a while longer.

Thanks to his wife Trina, I did get a video/phone call with him and it was awesome. I did attempt to snap a picture as we said good bye and I will try to post it, if I was successful. She has also allowed me to have, at least one video conversation with nephew Christopher in S. California; double awesome.

I also read that an old friend of mine has announced her candidacy for Secretary Treasurer of the National AFL-CIO. I have known her for a long time and I must say, the AFL-CIO would be well served with her election. Elizabeth Shuler - you go girl!

And, Thank you Brent for your work in the session and that B.D. Card was really cool.

Please, I hope everyone can share the American Rights at Work, the MS walk, the March of Dimes walk, The Epilepsy Run/Walk and the Recovery websites; so my taxes and donations can be utilized to their fullest extent.

Whether you attend a church service, a Mosque, GLBT gathering, or Synagogue service, please say a prayer that God; yours, mine or ours; keeps our service men and women in the Palm of their hand.
(Dianna, Jim, Maria, Hayden, Kelli and her brother also), don't forget the extra one for Dianna.
And thanks again Francis (both of you); and Cody, I'm sorry I missed your B.D. yesterday.

Mike; My “short” blog is still too long today, but; thanks to all of you, I am feeling 4+. And where are those promised changes, on my blog? August 1st , is here and even with all my edits I am still over 3,000?

Now don't forget to say your prayers. I'll see you next time on my blog

No comments: