Sunday, August 9, 2009

Mehrens worldwide gathering (on line ) 10/10/09 ?

PERSONAL

I awoke this morning at 6am to -4, no pain in my right arm, shoulder or elbow; ( it must have been lottery elbow/shoulder?) after 7+ hours of sleep. It is a cloudy morning but it is above 55 degree's on the south deck. I took my am pills, put out my flag and my yellow ribbon, poured myself a cup of coffee and stayed on the south deck (for a cig). I came in and settled in for some chair massages, and will continue to work on my new project; (idea). I checked my messages and got a facebook invite from a Mathias Mehrens (I think he is from Germany) and he wants to do a Mehrens world wide gathering on facebook; I think on October 10th.

We went to the housewarming BBQ for Jonnalynn's friend in Vancouver, I didn't last really long but it was nice. I did notice on the way home (Judi drove) my vision seemed better. I did also see and visit with my “world traveling” cousin Jonnalyn and it did get me over 4.


The WOP angels were not so good yesterday but I did at least get the Powerball last night. I didn't need a oxy last night even though the BBQ location wasn't scooter friendly and the guests were too young, but after 2 sessions in my chair I did get to sleep pretty quick. I did take my 4th Naltrexone (3mg) for my M.S. last night, but I am not cured yet, but I did feel better, I guess I'll just have to be patient.

As you know; One of my grand nieces had an accident and was burned pretty bad. I am sure she is not only in a lot of pain but I hope this weather change is helpful and I hear this weather will be around for a while. I am still asking you to add Maggie to your prayers with me.....................I sure hope I got the right grand niece, (got it!) and the name right, as they are all grand.

When I relate the story of the Guard members being charged for internet access; everyone I speak to is as disgusted as I.

By the way; I mean no disrespect for putting the yellow ribbon on my flag pole holder, The flag comes in at night but I plan to leave the ribbon there until Daniel comes over to untie the knot.

No more wondering how Billy's trip went he is home and maybe I'll see him today.

Again, I will say thank you, to all those who joined my request for prayers for me, all my friends and relatives, and the men and women in the service of their State and Country.

I would ask everyone to continue the prayers that can. As I said in my original email, I AM living proof of good results. And as I am back to driving, all those OTHER drivers will need those prayers.

My daily prayer, is to Mary Mother of God…..”O Most Blessed Mother, heart of love, heart of mercy, ever listening, caring, consoling, hear OUR prayer. As your children we implore your intercession with Jesus your Son. Receive with understanding and compassion the petitions we place before you today, especially for my dear friends Dianna, Jim E., Kelli and her brother, grand niece Maggie and all in need.

We are comforted in knowing your heart is ever open to those who ask for your prayer. We trust to your care and intercession, those whom we love and who are sick or lonely or hurting. Help ALL of us, to bear our burdens in this life until we may share eternal life and peace with God forever, Amen.”

I know I have been repeating things, maybe too much, on my blog; but some of this stuff I need to be reminded of and some of this stuff others need to be reminded of.

LDN REPORT

This is my attempt to keep track of my experiences with my LDN treatment for my Neurologist and his RN. Day three, good day, but a lot could be attributable as much to my visit with Jonnalynn, as the LDN. Although, on the ride home my vision seemed better, even in the dark.

POLITICAL

We now have a new Associate Justice on the Supreme Court and I did have a thanks in my mail box today:

William --

Congratulations.

Just moments ago, Judge Sonia Sotomayor was sworn in as the newest Associate Justice of the Supreme Court of the United States.

Our highest court and the nation it serves will benefit for years to come from Judge Sotomayor's brilliance, wide-ranging legal experience, fair-mindedness, and commonsense understanding of how the law touches our daily lives. President Obama picked the right person for the job, and you stood up for her from the very beginning.

You helped make today an historic one for the court and for our country.

Thank you,

Vice President Joe Biden

My U.S. Representative is having his annual Birthday Party; I am sorry I cannot make it but I would encourage those that can; do. I did see him at John's CPBT meeting and I forgot my checkbook (really Willy) but I will be making a donation for his race, we DO really need him there. If I am lucky enough to see him or his representative at the OSBT I will try to make it right there, lets see, he's 29, right?

The “cash for clunkers” program is still going, I guess; and Judi has decided to return to work and will be needing a vehicle, one with a rear view mirror anyway. What she is thinking of doing sounds like fun and I don't THINK it's just an attempt to get away from my yelling at the TV? I will be checking on the “government qualifications”. They are still talking about the success of the program, and I'd like to do something good for my Country also.

And so I'm not accused of always being negative I am putting up my own State Representative, Brent Barton for the Hero List. I am not sure if Camp Withicom(sp ?) is in his district but his work for the Guard, Veterans, and others, in this last Legislative Session was exemplary in my book.

Some of the Items:
1)SOFT LANDING for our returning vets
2)In state tuition for all vets no matter their State of residency. (Daniel take note) Go Vikings, Go Ducks, Go Beavers
3)He is on the Task Force for Veterans' Reintegration
4)Supports Education K through old folks
5)He sent me a great B.D. Card.

I know I've found a full crew of ZERO' s; to be led by (new #1, but just barely) Senator Jeff Sessions of Alabama and includes all but one of the Republicans on the Judiciary Committee. The Supreme Court nomination is done and she is supposed to be sworn in today. The Health Care Bill debate is also heating up during the recess, and town halls. After looking at the lineups and predicting the vote count would be 72/28 vote, it actually was 68-31.....................AH WALLY YOU OPTOMIST

I've been watching a lot of the r's give their speeches on what is wrong with the President's plans and the (mostly) Democrats support of them, but they keep leaving that all important first or last line of their speech out......... “I GOT MINE”!

It has struck me, this Hero/Zero list nomination and choosing one is a lot like fishing off the Oregon Coast. While there are some who like BOTTOM FISHING and some bottom dwellers do cook up OK, isn't it more exciting to go Salmon and or Tuna fishing and don't they make for a better feast. Hmmn,
just thinking in my holey brain way I guess.

Trina's setting up of my Internet program (skype.com) to be able to connect with Daniel, and Christopher directly (and others) and the video-call I had with Daniel and then Christopher, I think has also been keeping me at 4+.

She was in the neighborhood because she is helping out at the Guard near here, and she said she will help start that Lefty (the ballplayer – not political ) video I've been nagging about.

You would think after nicking our Men and Women in the Guard $65.00 a month for internet access they could at least provide even a little gas money to their volunteers. HINT,HINT,HINT I Hope Willy reads and tells Earl, I tried to make sure the other representatives at the CPBT yesterday were as disgusted as I, and sure enough, they All were.

I still don't know yet, if the “soft landing” bill is done but that is one issue I will keep harping on until I am sure.

As near as I can figure, all that needs to be done for the soft landing at the State Level (Legislature) is complete; thank you Rick and Brent; and everyone. I believe the next brick (pillow) to be placed, is the responsibility of the Federal Government and I believe that it is in the hands of our own Senator Wyden. (a safe place for it right now, I hope) but, as that famous live artist says......GET 'ER DONE. - SOFT LANDING !

I watched those upstart House democrats rallying on the capital steps in front of the camera's who were very firm that “rolling over” for the “Blue Dog” Democrats on health care could lose more than they “gain” in any republican support.

Health Care Now !

http://stories.barackobama.com/healthcare/stories/update_landing

We get it and we need to make sure Congress gets it, too. Call your member of Congress right now: 1-866-210-3678
OK, what did YOU do for the Guard today. Daniel's wife Trina is helping, with a houseful of kids and a 3? year old with 3rd degree burns, and with Daniel in the Middle East.

Still sooooo many cages to rattle and wheels to squeak left!

For Senator Wydens Plan, check it out at.

http://wyden.senate.gov/issues/Healthy%20Americans%20Act/HAA_Employee_Examples.pdf

If you have any questions or concerns even besides Health Care be sure to attend any of your Senator's or Representatives functions during the recess:
And if you do go, please leave the message........GET “ER DONE - SOFT LANDING
By the way; You don't have to be a ”wheel” to get heard, just squeak for a while.
Bring our people home!

YELLOW RIBBON SECTION

Mine is up, is yours?

At the 11th Hour, on the 11th Day, of the 11th Month a cease fire was signed to end the war to end all wars in 1918. How's that worked out so far?

SAVE PUTTS PALACE

Over 50 years ago my uncle “Putt” built a cabin at Georgetown Lake in Montana, (Putts Palace). His cabin at the lake and many others like it developed recreational areas for the use of just regular citizens. And while doing this they protected the environment for future generations. He was not a RADICAL ENVROMENTALIST, he was just a mechanic, a Pearl Harbor Survivor with kids that liked fishing.
He believed everyone owned the lake and deserved access to the Public Lands and then came the “Summer Homes” at the lake, and now thanks to those “absent owners” it appears they are “buying” (LOBBYING) to price the riff-raff out of their real “cabins”. I am not sure if I'm part of the riff, or part of the raff, but as they yelled out the windows in that old famous movie........”I'm mad as hell, and I'm not taking it any more!”

SPORTS

I still think Felix Hernandez is the Cy Young leader right now in the American league.
I am sure Seattle Fans are glad to get them home for their 3 home stands. Ken Griffey Jr. Bobblehead night and he hits a home run; who would of thought, six hundred and what? And if you'd notice those teams coming in, after the home stands are complete, I think Seattle will either be inside looking out or outside looking in.
I also still think Carlos Zambrano is the Cy Young leader in the National league; I hope that lower back strain is not to serious. Chicago; still with contenders in both the N.L. & A.L.: has the same city ever had both Cy Young winners?
Then There's that kid with the Dodgers who is still looking pretty good.

Do you have your tickets for the B.T. Appreciation night at he Beaver game? I do! Old friend, Al Panek, is scheduled to through out the first pitch. I sure hope he makes it to the plate.
Also, now knowing I am related, GO ST. LOUIS, and I would advise all you FFB people drafting RAMS players is probably going to be a good move, even though I don't know Paul that well I do know Patti Ann and Bill are first class motivators. I finally got my name and password straight at NFL.COM
.
COMMUNITY ORGANIZERS

The American Rights at Work still needs help.

The National Guard, the USO?

L. C. S. A. - Labors Community Service Agency
M.A.C.G. Metropolitan Alliance for Common Good
Here's two, from what I consider the top of the list, the OSBT (Oregon State Building Trades) and the NWOLC (Northwest Oregon Labor Council). Judy O'Connor told me she is retiring and Her and Tony are moving to Montana. I have also set aside October 10th and I sure hope her and Tony are in town. I have known Judy, and Tony since Lon Immel, Ron Fortune and Bud Barnes. They taught her well, she learned even better; but I WAS the one to teach her to dance. She will definitely be missed and hard to replace, but whomever does, they will do fine, with aid from everyone.

OTHER STUFF AND COMMUNICATIONS

“GET 'ER DONE” - SOFT LANDING ! And give them back their $40.00!


So it wasn't bad enough our Men and Women in the Guard got nicked $40.00 before they shipped out NOW they have to pay $65.00 a month for internet access. RON....JEFF.....EARL....PATTY.....MARIA, CAN'T YOU DO SOMETHING ABOUT THAT !

Desert Heaven; It's officially out there now......... http://www.amazon.com/Chef-Judis-Meringue-Recipes-ebook/dp/B002JTXD68/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=digital-text&qid=1249079718&sr=1-1
On my HERO list, my nephew Daniel who has deserved all his time at the top; and will always lead as far as I'm concerned has been joined by My own State Representative Brent Barton, big shoes for you to fill Brent, but I do believe you can..

I also read that an old friend of mine has announced her candidacy for Secretary Treasurer of the National AFL-CIO. I have known her for a long time and I must say, the AFL-CIO will be well served with her election. Elizabeth Shuler - you go girl!

And, Thank you Brent, that B.D. Card was really cool.

Please, I hope everyone can share the American Rights at Work, the MS walk, the March of Dimes walk, the long awaited and past due - The Epilepsy Run/Walk (Team: The Epilepsy Slayers
at http://efnw.kintera.org/faf/r.asp?t=3&i=307542 and the Recovery websites; so my taxes and donations can be utilized to their fullest extent.

Whether you attend a church service, a Mosque, GLBT gathering, or Synagogue service, please say a prayer that God; yours, mine or ours; keeps our service men and women in the Palm of their hand.
(Dianna, Jim, Maria, Hayden, Maggie, Kelli and her brother also), don't forget the extra one for Dianna.
And thanks again Francesis (both of you)

Mike; My “short” blog is still to long today, but thanks to all of you, I am still feeling a good 4+ again today. Now that I started my new M.S. Treatment (LDN) and have changed my scoring system; to keep track of even the most subtle changes. And where are those promised blog changes it's August 7th and even with all my edits I think I am still babbling too much.

Now don't forget to say your prayers. I'll see you next time on my blog

No comments: