Saturday, May 1, 2010

HOW WAS YOUR MAY DAY PROTEST.............

PERSONAL

I slept in today until 7am after 8+hrs of sleep to a 3 with some lower back pain. I took my am pills, and put out my flag. I went to the Brent Barton, Cheryl Meyers function at 11am at Happy Valley Park and there was a good crowd. Brent And Cheryl were joined by Dave Hunt, Jackie Dingfelter, Diane Rosenbaum and others. They impressed on the crowd that the republicans believe that this house district belongs in the republican column. I also asked them why it seems the Dems in Salem appear to be Anti-Obama, because He want's clean energy and good jobs. And I know that there are over 2,000 good UNION jobs standing ready to build that Clean Energy plant at Bradwood Landing, I also asked about the Unemployment issue with some of the Guard members. I also picked up a few more Myers signs for the neighborhood. I didn't do any of the walking but I did go over to Gloriaz and talked to Dean and Gloria about a joint fund raising event at Gloriaz, there on Sunnyside, a silent auction maybe? I asked what day/nite would be the best for them and Dean said his slowest nite is Monday. I am still going to try to put together MY primary endorsement list for this months primary, with a short explanation of why candidates have my support. You will not see a Republican endorsed, mostly because I will be voting in the Democratic Primary and if you have been following my blog you should know my feelings for Republicans right now. I did make it to Salem for the Workers Memorial Day observance, and that was quite the trip. I should finish batching it tonight as Judi and Mary should be back any time from Pendleton. I didn't get down to the Kitzhaber H.Q. and get a sign for the yard yet. I also have 2 3-some starting times for Sunday; 2pm and 2:07 and there are still a couple of spots open.

DANIEL IS ACTUALLY HOME SAFELY NOW, AND NEPHEWS CHRISTOPHER AND RHYON ARE BOTH IN AFGHANISTAN.

I did go to the store and get a hair treatment for my “military” haircut, and it did work..

Cousin Larry Pahut is running for Justice of the Peace in Deer Lodge County. That would be a picture of his grandfather there on the right, John L. Monahan, L for Larry? . His sister, Patty Ann Sullivan is his Campaign Manager and we became face book friends. I actually did send him a check, and saw that it had been cashed and would ask all to give what they can. (campaign H.Q. Are 400 Spruce, Anaconda, Montana 59711) I also heard from his sister Carol Marie and it appears that she and Tom are doing well, he must be getting close to retirement also.

We have a health care bill and the president signed it before Easter Sunday. The republicans are lining up to take him and every other Democrat and some Republicans on, on it. I still believe that it will put an exclamation point on the Easter season with the statement, “I AM MY BROTHERS KEEPER”.

God grant that I may live to fish until my dying day, And when it comes to my last cast, I then must humbly pray. When in the Lord's safe landing net I'm peacefully asleep,that in His mercy, I be judged............Good enough to keep.

My daily prayer, is to Mary Mother of God…..”O Most Blessed Mother, heart of love, heart of mercy, ever listening, caring, consoling, hear OUR prayer. As your children we implore your intercession with Jesus your Son. Receive with understanding and compassion the petitions we place before you today, for the safe return of nephews Rhyon and Christopher from Afghanistan; all those families suffering from those mine disasters in West Virginia and Kentucky, cousin Larry Pahut in his endeavor to become the Deer Lodge County Justice of the Peace; and all in need. We are comforted in knowing your heart is ever open to those who ask for your prayer. We trust to your care and intercession, those whom we love and who are sick or lonely or hurting. Help ALL of us, to bear our burdens in this life until we may share eternal life and peace with God forever, Amen.”
Thank You, Mother Mary, for your help and assistance, especially for BRINGING DANIEL HOME SAFELY; for Brandee, whose pregnancy is going well; and now those, NOW covered with Health Care.

I know I have been repeating things, maybe too much, on my blog; but some of this stuff I need to be reminded of and some of this stuff others (LNG) need to be reminded of.

LDN and AMP REPORT

This is my attempt to keep track of my experiences with my LDN treatment for my Neurologist and his RN. So far with the 4.5mg, I think I'm noticeably better. I am experiencing better days and now that I'm doing the new dosage I am seeing a marked change. I have now been on that brand new FDA approved pill, Aminopyridine, even though I missed a few times, and I am very pleased. It is supposed to be good for “gait” issues, even those with primary progressive. I still have to check up on that new pill (AMPYRA). No B.P. report today.

POLITICAL

I planned on adding a new section on April 1st for my own comments on personal issues, and it's May already; WELCOME HOME DANIEL!, and maybe some Irish issues, Daniel IS Irish? Did you know some of the first victims of the K.K.K. In Oregon were Irish Catholics.

LOCAL

WELCOME HOME DANIEL!

LARRY PAHUT FOR DEER LODGE COUNTY JUSTICE OF THE PEACE.

Yes,I am a fan of and supporter of , Tom Margraf for Multnomah County Commission. His experience in getting things done for and with other Elected es and Communities would be an invaluable asset for the County. IT'S TIME FOR TOM !

One of the most consistent elected officials supporting the Columbia River Crossing has been Rex Burkholder, help him out if you can. Send him some help at METRO, in the form of Duke Sheppard. Earl Blumenhauer, has been there for us also and he did look and sound very good on the Big Ed Show. I will get a check off as soon as I can; Representative Kurt Schrader, Representative Peter Defazio, I think right now anyway, need to be sent back to congress also.

Don't forget to respond to the census as there are 37 governors elections this year and we can't let them Gerrymander congressional districts and end up like we did in the 90's. Ours is in the mail. One of those 37 is right here in Oregon and I'm sure, keeping a Democrat in the Governors Mansion is Paramount. One that actually believes in JOBS.

The Building Trades did, and I am, endorsing John Kitzhaber for Governor. Now that Health Care passed congress and with us having a Dr. in the Governors Mansion it should be an advantage for Oregon. His campaign H.Q. Is over at SE 30th and Division and could use some bodies and supplies. It's also time to get your lawn signs up. I did get a preview of his first commercial and I thought it was very well done. Is that Jim Moss in it? That other candidate in his ad says he wants to get Oregon rolling again but he is against good Oregon Jobs, Union Jobs that pay a prevailing wage and already have health care. I was really sorry to see that he had the support of Howard Dean and the D.F.A.; well they just made my spam list.

I haven't changed my mind that ALL that health care “controversy” that was being generated was to take the publics mind off of the Employee Free Choice Act, American Rights at Work, “card check” legislation. I do believe passage of the E.F.C.A. might have made quite a difference in both the West Virginia, and Kentucky accidents. I also heard that that a$$&*$# company owner in West Virginia refused to allow UNION MINORS to try to help.

I still don't know yet, if the “soft landing” bill is done but that is one issue I will keep harping on until I am sure. I did see Rons Labor Liason at the Workers Memorial function but missed my opportunity to ask her. I did hear from Senator Murray from Washington, and it did sound like she was working on a piece of the soft landing bill, John was at the Legislative Conference and I asked him to ask Ron about the soft landing bill.
I also received a communication and responded as follows to Senator Wyden on his work on the Health Care Bill.
Ron;
Thank you for your hard work. I am still waiting to find out if the exchanges help or hurt my current Union Health Care Plan. Also, I am still trying to find out if "The Soft Landing Bill" is complete at the federal level.
All my Best;
William "Wally" Mehrens

Did you know that there were more vets that died last year because they didn't have health care, than died in both the Iraq and Afghanistan Wars? I was really surprised that I didn't hear anyone point that out in the debates that I saw.

YELLOW RIBBON SECTION

Go to the website VVMFCenter.org – they are collecting dollars for an education center at “The Wall”, Washington D.C.'s Vietnam Veterans Memorial, help if you can.

WELCOME HOME DANIEL, I SURE HOPE YOU AND OR TRINA CHECK OUT LARRY ROBERTA'S WEBSITE.

HURRY HOME AND BE SAFE RHYON, AND CHRISTOPHER.

Larry Roberta, a reclusive Aumsville veteran whose story of health problems from hexavalent chromium exposure in The Oregonian alerted his fellow soldiers, most of whom live between Forest Grove, McMinnville and Gresham. Roberta's testimony before the Oregon Legislature last year helped create a fund for soldiers who develop cancer as a result of this exposure, and if you noticed I now have a follower with the same name. Roberta, 44, has also launched the Web site www.qarmat-ali-vets.com, which includes a logo of an orange ribbon with a skull and crossbones., is the one that all with friends and family in Iraq, should visit.

Check www.LetsSayThanks.com often to read feedback from the troops about the Let's Say Thanks program!
If you have been flying the American Flag please keep flying it until ALL our Troops return home.

At the 11th Hour, on the 11th Day, of the 11th Month a cease fire was signed to end the war to end all wars in 1918. How's that worked out so far? Did anyone else notice that the health care bill passed at 11:11 am?

SPORTS

Well the Blazers season appears to be over for this year, but as a good Cubs fan I MUST say; Wait until next year.

It's MLB Time, Hey Chicago, what do ya say, go Cubs go, Cubs gonna win today!

And yes Mark, I will check the Mariners schedule and try to pick a game for us to meet up.

Go Orioles, and Peter have your people keep an eye on that Mehrens kid that should be playing on Jackie Robinson Field down in Pasadena.

COMMUNITY ORGANIZERS & CHARITIES

The M.S. WALK was a resounding success, they are still adding everything up and I think we were more successful than last year. You are still eligible for a prize for your donation all the way to the end of May. If I have time later I will do a special edition on an update on our efforts.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH, MONTGOMERY – QUEST INVESTMENTS

Denise Hutzenbieler will be looking for help in June as she is walking in the Epilepsy walk. I will post more on that walk as I get it.

The American Rights at Work still needs help. We must not take our eye off that MAIN issue. E.F.C.A. Especially in light of that mine disaster in West Virginia.

The U.A. Local 290 “Don Salee” Member Assistance Program.

OTHER STUFF AND COMMUNICATIONS
“GET 'ER DONE” - SOFT LANDING ! And give them back their money, and their overdue raise!

****Thank You Mary Ellen****
May love and laughter light your days
And warm your heart and homes
May good and faithfull friends be yours wherever you may rome
May peace and plenty bless your world with joy that long endures
May all lifes passing seasons bring the best to you and yours

WELCOME HOME DANIEL!

I did get my U.A. Journal and there is still time for Michael R. to get his scholarship application in, and they had notice of a Chuck England scholarship golf Tourney in Las Vegas, hmmmm.

Being the BIG OIL is COMPANIES actually had the President considering OPENING UP the coasts to more offshore oil drilling and that mess attacking Louisiana, Mississippi, Florida and Texas really shows us the need for CLEAN LNG energy.

Did you know that we had a President of the United States that claimed “Tree's” caused more pollution than automobiles, can you guess which one? Of course that was before the big blowout in the Gulf.

Whether you attend a church service, a Mosque, GLBT gathering, or Synagogue service, please say a prayer that God; yours, mine or ours; keeps our service men and women in the Palm of their hand.

Mike; My blog is just over 4 pages today, I think. I'll see you next time on my blog.

No comments: