Sunday, May 23, 2010

STATE SENATE HEARING TOMMORROW IN SALEM, HEARING ROOM 3 1pm

PERSONAL

I awoke today at 6:30am after 9hrs of sleep to a 3. I took my am pills, and put out my flag. I still have work to do on my YELLOW RIBBON aid section, and I'll keep the new information I received received from State Senator Martha Schrader posted and I placed that website on my cover page . I did make my Union meeting Friday night and thanked the membership for their support with our M.S. Walk, I didn't last for the whole meeting, but I did get to see a lot of people I hadn't seen in a long time. We were also informed of a Oregon State Senate Hearing scheduled for Monday afternoon that I will attempt to make.

Based on President Obama's press conference and the news that they were finding oil “tar balls” as far away as N. Carolina I still believe that A) EVERYONE involved in the gulf oil spill should go to jail. After all they have not only CONTRIBUTED to that massive environmental catastrophe they KILLED almost a dozen workers, and B) I know that there were over 2,000 good UNION jobs waiting, and ready to build that Clean Energy plant at Bradwood Landing here in Oregon, but based on the news I have heard on that project, it is only one of the 3-4 proposed, and they have given up after 10 years. The Governor was reported to not have made a decision on the other plants.
I saw that ALL the Senators from Oregon, Washington and California are proposing a permanent BAN on deep water drilling off the west coast; notice – no one from Alaska. I think everyone that was celebrating the stopping of the Bradwood plant were Anti-Union, not necessarily anti-LNG. (or maybe just in th Oil and Coal industry pockets)

NEPHEWS CHRISTOPHER AND RHYON ARE BOTH IN AFGHANISTAN and still need our prayers.

Cousin Larry Pahut is running for Justice of the Peace in Deer Lodge County. His election is in June; and that would be a picture of his grandfather there on the right, John L. Monahan, L for Larry? His sister, Patty Ann Sullivan is his Campaign Manager and we became face book friends. I actually did send him a check, and saw that it had been cashed and would ask all to give what they can. (campaign H.Q. Are 400 Spruce, Anaconda, Montana 59711)

God grant that I may live to fish until my dying day, And when it comes to my last cast, I then must humbly pray. When in the Lord's safe landing net I'm peacefully asleep,that in His mercy, I be judged............Good enough to keep.

My daily prayer, is to Mary Mother of God…..”O Most Blessed Mother, heart of love, heart of mercy, ever listening, caring, consoling, hear OUR prayer. As your children we implore your intercession with Jesus your Son. Receive with understanding and compassion the petitions we place before you today, for the safe return of nephews Rhyon and Christopher from Afghanistan; good family friend Pat Percin, all those families suffering from those mine disasters in West Virginia and Kentucky, the coast residents of Texas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Florida and Georgia (those Drill Baby Drill states); cousin Larry Pahut in his endeavor to become the Deer Lodge County Justice of the Peace; and all in need. We are comforted in knowing your heart is ever open to those who ask for your prayer. We trust to your care and intercession, those whom we love and who are sick or lonely or hurting. Help ALL of us, to bear our burdens in this life until we may share eternal life and peace with God forever, Amen.”
Thank You, Mother Mary, for your help and assistance, especially for BRINGING DANIEL HOME SAFELY; for Brandee, whose pregnancy I understand is going well; and now those, NOW covered with Health Care.

I know I have been repeating things, maybe too much, on my blog; but some of this stuff I need to be reminded of and some of this stuff others need to be reminded of.

M.S., LDN and AMP REPORT

This is my attempt to keep track of my experiences with my LDN treatment for my Neurologist and his RN. So far with the 4.5mg, I think I'm noticeably better. I am experiencing better days and now that I'm doing the new dosage I am seeing a marked change. I have now been on that brand new FDA approved pill, Aminopyridine, even though I missed a few times, I am very pleased. It is supposed to be good for “gait” issues, even those with primary progressive. My B.P. was 115/74/57 at 10:15am today.

POLITICAL

FROM Organizing For America

William "Wally";

On Thursday, the Senate passed historic Wall Street reform. This movement proved again that the strongest special interests, who for so long have called the shots in Washington, can be beat.When opponents in Congress tried to block the legislation altogether, you stood up -- and they backed down. When the lobbyists pushed for loopholes and exemptions just before a final vote, you did not relent -- and we fought them off.Your support brought us to this day -- and, because of that, we're poised to implement sensible reforms that will provide a stronger foundation for economic growth. Now, the House and Senate must iron out their differences before I can sign it into law. But the financial industry will not give up. They have already spent more than $1 million per member of Congress, lobbying on this issue. And in the coming days, they will go all in. This is their last shot to stall, weaken, or kill reform, and they are not accustomed to losing.But this movement has you -- and together, we have beaten the special interests before.

Thank you,President Barack Obama

DO YOU THINK ALL THOSE PEOPLE IN THE GULF WAITING ON ALL THAT B.P. OIL TO COME ASHORE WOULD RATHER HAVE HAD AN L.N.G. PLANT? ( this is for all my Oregon Anti LNG readers)

LOCAL

I will copy and clear “my endorsement list” today and do a future report on my batting average except for the following one.

DEER LODGE COUNTY MONTANA JUSTICE OF THE PEACE LARRY PAHUT

I haven't changed my mind that ALL that health care “controversy” that was being generated was to take the publics mind off of the Employee Free Choice Act, American Rights at Work, “card check” legislation. I do believe passage of the E.F.C.A. might have made quite a difference in both the West Virginia, and Kentucky accidents. I also heard that that a$$&*$# company owner in West Virginia refused to allow UNION MINORS to try to help. Did I hear that Halliburton ( give the boot to Brown and Root) had something to do with building and or maintaining that Oil Rig that exploded and sank?Being that they are one of those pointing fingers at that Senate Hearing.

I still don't know yet, if the “soft landing” bill is done but that is one issue I will keep harping on until I am sure.

YELLOW RIBBON SECTION

From Senator Martha Schrader's update:
Veterans’ Reintegration Task Force: I recently spent some time advocating on behalf for federal funding opportunities for our returning veterans. A lot has been accomplished but our returning troops and current veterans still need better and more accessible support services. The Task Force’s new findings will be presented on May 26, 2010 to the Joint Committee on Veterans’ Affairs at the state capitol building in Salem. See my op-ed from The Oregonian: Reintegrating veterans: Our troops deserve help coming home.
Finding from the Task Force: We are looking to address an issue, supported by a recent Oregonian article from May 18th, that suggests that Fort Lewis had a policy of treating returning National Guard and Reservists as “second-class soldiers.”
I have been in contact with Oregon’s congressional contingents, who are addressing this issue. U.S. Senator Ron Wyden (D-Ore.) and U.S. Representative Kurt Schrader (D- Ore.) are calling for an investigation into the Army’s programs for providing medical treatment to National Guard troops prior to and after combat deployment Iraq. Their request to the Department of Defense Inspector General and the Government Accountability Office follows evidence that Joint Base Lewis McChord had instituted a dual track process for handling the medical needs that treated active duty soldiers differently from National Guard and reservists returning from Iraq and Afghanistan.

Fort Oregon Web Site: Check out FortOregon.com! It was established as a centralized point of contact on the multitude of agencies and services that provide support and benefits to soldiers and their dependents.

Go to the website www.VVMFCenter.org – they are collecting dollars for an education center at “The Wall”, Washington D.C.'s Vietnam Veterans Memorial, help if you can.

DANIEL, I SURE HOPE YOU AND OR TRINA CHECK OUT LARRY ROBERTA'S WEBSITE. AND I STILL HAVE ONE YELLOW RIBBON WAITING TO BE UNTIED.

HURRY HOME AND BE SAFE RHYON, AND CHRISTOPHER.

Larry Roberta, a reclusive Aumsville veteran whose story of health problems from hexavalent chromium exposure in The Oregonian alerted his fellow soldiers, most of whom live between Forest Grove, McMinnville and Gresham. Roberta's testimony before the Oregon Legislature last year helped create a fund for soldiers who develop cancer as a result of this exposure, and if you noticed I now have a follower with the same name. Roberta, 44, has also launched the Web site www.qarmat-ali-vets.com, which includes a logo of an orange ribbon with a skull and crossbones., is the one that all with friends and family in Iraq, should visit.Check www.LetsSayThanks.com often to read feedback from the troops about the Let's Say Thanks program!

If you have been flying the American Flag please keep flying it until ALL our Troops return home.

At the 11th Hour, on the 11th Day, of the 11th Month a cease fire was signed to end the war to end all wars in 1918. How's that worked out so far? Did anyone else notice that the health care bill passed at 11:11 am?

SPORTS

It's MLB Time, Hey Chicago, what do ya say, go Cubs go, Cubs gonna win today!

And yes Mark, I will check the Mariners schedule, although they are sure struggling right now, the low number of fans is not just because of the weather, and as I understand it the Cubs are coming to town for a three game set in late June. I talked to Gib about going up for one of those games, but I will try to plan a trip before then. Also, the Portland Beavers have a day game Thursday I will try to make.

Speaking of struggling teams, Go Orioles; and Peter have your people keep an eye on that Mehrens kid that should be playing on Jackie Robinson Field down in Pasadena, after spring tryouts.

COMMUNITY ORGANIZERS & CHARITIES

While I missed the BULL Session luncheon, I did get a wonderful 20th anniversary lapel pin and an awesome (PAPERWEIGHT, MAGNIFYING GLASS?) I will get the updated website linked soon I hope.

The M.S. WALK was a resounding success, they are still adding everything up and I think we were more successful than last year. You are still eligible for a prize for your donation all the way to the end of May. I did get my receipt but with an incomplete report.
Thank you, William!
You were a big part of the success of Walk MS 2010. Over 5,000 individuals came together at 10 Walk sites across Oregon and SW Washington. That’s 500 more individuals than last year! As a Chapter we have raised over $525,000 toward our goal of $576,044. Portland Walkers increased their fundraising by 19% and raised over $309,000.
If I remember later, I will do a special edition on an update on our efforts.

Denise Hutzenbieler will be looking for help in June as she is walking in the Epilepsy walk. I will post more on that walk as I get it.

The American Rights at Work still needs help. We must not take our eye off that MAIN issue. E.F.C.A. Especially in light of that mine disaster in West Virginia and those Rig explosions in the Gulf. I watched 60 minutes last Sunday night and as far as I am concerned, now that the Supreme Court has ruled that Corporations must be treated as regular people as far as “Campaign Finance is concerned” shouldn't they be treated as regular people when it comes to Murder or Manslaughter? If two or more people get together to plan and commit a crime isn't that a “conspiracy”; isn't that how they got the MOB?

The U.A. Local 290 “Don Salee” Member Assistance Program.

OTHER STUFF AND COMMUNICATIONS
“GET 'ER DONE” - SOFT LANDING ! And give them back their money, and their overdue raise!

****Thank You Mary Ellen****
May love and laughter light your days
And warm your heart and homes
May good and faithful friends be yours wherever you may roam
May peace and plenty bless your world with joy that long endures
May all life's passing seasons bring the best to you and yours

Whether you attend a church service, a Mosque, GLBT gathering, or Synagogue service, please say a prayer that God; yours, mine or ours; keeps our service men and women in the Palm of their hand.

Mike; My blog is 5 pages, a little under 2,400 words today, I think. I'll see you next time on my blog.

No comments: