Tuesday, February 28, 2012

***CHARLIE HALES RECEIVES VERA KATZ'S ENDORSEMENT***

PERSONAL & PROPAGANDA:

I slept in this morning until 8:30am and after 9+ hours of sleep, I awoke to a 3, and didn't take my pills until 9:30am. I am going to try to work on my “movie/book” today and my “Shadow Box”. I did also invite Charlie Hales to the AOH, Mary Nolan event on March 3rd, I hope I have my table filled, Judi and I, Charlie? and guest, Joe Esmonde and Paul Riggs cousin Bill and Kara can't make it but I did contact another good Irish Catholic to fill out the table, but he will be golfing at Bandon Dunes, so I need to get another 2 to fill our table. I am not sure when I will post because I hope to update my Mehrens/Monahan blog today also. The DOW finished above 13,000 today finally. I also did see that Charlie Hales received the endorsement of former Mayor Vera Katz, and I posted on his face book page I thought that was quite the “Cudo” because I believed she was the last rel good Mayor Portland had, don't worry brother Chuck, I still think Mayor Bud is right up there also. I am still trying to cut back this blog, the Mehrens/Monahan blog and my daily “novel” writing to 600 words or less.

Brother Don Getman and the annual M.D. Poker fundraiser; April 1st up by the inn at the mountain.

I will put the prayers I have been posting again right here up front, and thank you all for Rhyon and Christopher and now cousin Amy.

“Lord, hold our troops in your loving hands. Protect them as they protect us. Bless them and their families for the selfless acts they perform for us in our time of need. Amen.”

Prayer to St. Jude for Eternal Life

You are my solace, St. Jude, in the face of loss and sorrow. I pray that you will guide my heart away from the darkness of fear and into the light of Christ. May the hope that St. Jude keeps alive in my heart be a source of comfort to all those who grieve. For in that hope, we know God's mercy, and we trust God's promise of eternal life. My soul longs for the fullness of life, which is only to be revealed when I meet my Maker in heaven. Stay by my side, St. Jude, so that my soul will always know the power of your healing love. Amen.

**** My daily prayer, is to Mary Mother of God…..”O Most Blessed Mother, heart of love, heart of mercy, ever listening, caring, consoling, hear our prayer. As your children we implore your intercession with Jesus your Son. Receive with understanding and compassion the petitions we place before you today. For sister Danni, nephew Steve, sister Clare, cousin Mick, uncle Hank, nephew Aaron, Kelly's brother, Brother Bruce Temple; good friend and brother Jeff Lyles, brother Buddy Nissing's wife Judy, Brother Jimmy Walters and their speedy recoveries, good friends Ron Wyden, Shelly Nelson, Pat O'baby, the family of brother Charlie Miles, and those who are having health issues; protecting Christopher, Rhyon and Amy and all in need. We are comforted in knowing your heart is ever open to those who ask for your prayer. We trust to your care and intercession, those whom we love and who are sick or lonely or hurting. Help ALL of us, to bear our burdens in this life until we may share eternal life and peace with God forever, Amen.”

KAISER – M.S. REPORT:

My B.P. Today is 115/65/64 at Noon, pretty good, I think anyway. I did also contact Kaiser yesterday for help with a new bed that will get me out of my Lazy Boy for a good night's sleep. It appears I will have to appeal to the Trust at their March 6 meetin. My last appointment with my neurologist went well and he changed some of my medications and he scheduled a new appointment for March 22nd to see how the new regimen is working, he did warn me one of the side affects may be some crazy dream's; and I must say they have been.

POLITICAL:

My political report is the same, so you will have to check a previous blog for anything more than links to My candidates, or a NEW devlopment.

NEW DEVELOPMENT: MY CANDIDATE FOR PORTLAND MAYOR RECIEVED THE ENDORSEMENT OF FORMER MAYOR VERA KATZ. CHECK OUT THE CHARLIE HALES FOR MAYOR FACE BOOK PAGE FOR MORE.

www.kurtschrader.com,

www.C-esys.com/marthaschrader/donationaspx !

The First Lady and Dr. Jill Biden launched their Joining Forces initiative,

MY MOST IMPORTANT SECTION STILL:

YELLOW RIBBON SECTION
:

Here is a program that is also looking for help! I am starting to run out of yellow ribbon!

http://www.lbeh.org/

Don't forget to say THANK YOU, to all those servicemen and women who have served or are serving.

Nephew Rhyon is back from Afghanistan, and nephew Christopher is back on base in Southern California; but we now have cousin Amy Pahut to worry about; but the President did say the War in Iraq is over, but a prayer a day from all my readers would still make me feel better.

LETS BRING THE REST HOME, NOW
!!

If you are flying the American Flag, please keep flying it until ALL our Troops return home, soon I hope as I am running out of yellow ribbon, and my flag is getting pretty faded.

At the 11th Hour, on the 11th Day, of the 11th Month a cease fire was signed to end the war to end all wars in 1918. How's that worked out so far ?

I DID MOVE MY AOH REPORT OVER TO THE MONAHAN/MEHRENS BLOG.

SPORTS:

I still have to catch up with nephew Michael Ross to see when his spring baseball starts.

COMMUNITY ORGANIZERS & CHARITIES:

The American Rights at Work still needs help; now more than ever. We must not take our eye off that MAIN issue, The President?, and our two Senators haven't; E.F.C.A. And based on what I have been seeing and hearing, the Republicans have Organized Labor directly in their cross hairs at least for the next 2 years.

The Local 290 “DON SALEE” Member Assistance Program; and you can even make a donation through the U.A. Credit Union, I still wonder if I won the blanket the last meetin, Gib?

UNION REPORT:

We still to remember Brother Jimmy Walters is recovering from vascular sergery but, please add him to your prayers for a speedy and successful recovery.

It is the political season and I would encourage all you politico's to get a “Union Bug” on your printed material. I personally prefer Hollywood Impress, because they have always met my needs.

I received an email that the C.P.B.T. ORT and Board meeting were cancelled Today. How does the COLPACORT RAT PATROL Sound?

FAMILY REPORT:

I did email brother/cousin Michigan Mike Mehrens to get his original U.A. Initiation year.

The Family dinner on St. Patrick's Day does sound wonderfull.

I have my “shadow box” and will start putting it together, being the Mehrens family has 431+- years in the United association from Portland, Oregon to Iron Mountain, Michigan! I know this may be considered an unnessesary repeat but, I am sooo proud.

It still appears I am the the only “follower” on my “MEHRENS/MONAHAN” blog?

Bobbie, my blog is 3 Pages and 1,200+- words. :-)

No comments: