Monday, June 15, 2009

BOBBIE TAKES CREDIT FOR THE SWEETIE PIES, DON'T TELL DENNIS

PERSONAL
I awoke this morning at 6:30am to a 3, after 9 hours of sleep, and a cloudy morning. I took my am pills, and put my flag out and I settled into my Lazy Boy for 2 quick massages.

Sunday was a lazy and uneventful day. I forgot to set the TV and slept through most of talking heads but did see some good baseball. Go Cubs Go. I also got an e-mail from Mary Ellen and a Jacques grand kids photo slide show of Tanner and Kaleb in their LL Championship. I'll try to set up a link in “SPORTS”.

By the way, the one sweetie pie we brought home from Jim's only lasted about an hour. Thanks Bobbie, opp's, I mean Dennis?

Denise did give Judi the location of the many family photo's she has on record, so hopefully we can all share, on those walks down memory lane. Denise was smart enough to give the address to JUDI, so there is some hope for access, Judi gave it to me, so I'll try first.

Again, today my format changes may continue. I think my permanent “Hero's” box is up, I am still not sure how to keep it up and add the other Hero's yet and the “pay pal” box for direct connections to MY charities of choice is not complete yet, so you will have to go directly to their link. If “pay pal” works the way I want, a donation there goes to me for distribution to one of the many I list in my “Community Organizers” section. I will try to keep a running tally. I will also try to keep posting the direct links for those charities.

I did tape and watch the “debate” on KGW Saturday, night June 13, and it was quite interesting. The good guy definitely made more sense, but the bad guy kept coming back to the LNG being a foreign energy source.

His main arguments were; 1) it's foreign energy and we need domestic. 2)the Oregon Pipeline (300 to 600) miles needed to tie in to the Main Oregon distribution line.

I did notice that IBEW-NECA were one of the main sponsors and the “bad guy” seemed more concerned that having access to “clean” natural gas would somehow slow development of “solar” and “wind”!

POLITICAL

Dick Gregory on Meet the Press yesterday tried to get one of those well known “gaffs” out of Vice President, Joe Biden, but from what I saw, Joe knocked it out of the park.

I still don't know what did happen in Astoria? I did get a email from my friend, and sister, Suzanne saying she really liked my letter. However, I don't know if she read it from my blog or if it was published elsewhere.

Come on Salem, Get behind the President, we need that cleaner energy and those good jobs. I did get a good email report, he thought so anyway, from the Oregon Speaker of the House. I would have felt better if it had a job's report that was not just about roads and bridges. Buildings, Manufacturing Plants, and an Energy program (see: clean energy and Bradwood). I think they even did something about workers rights. Here I am trying to keep the President's grade from falling from a B+ to a C, because of Health Care and American Rights at Work and getting the Oregon Legislature from a C- to a B. I have them at C- right now because I am still watching how, as Peter so eloquently put it, the Legislature has Your Back; to the Oregon National Guard. OK, what did YOU do for the Guard today.

The last Oregon Legislative Session, Comcast did televise it, but not so this year. I will try to find it online and at least watch some of the end of it on my computer.
.
The President has called on the thousands of participants in his conference call to observe a National Health Care Day of Service on June 27th and I will try to post and find a way to participate however I can.

Please listen to the call, and pass this note on to any of your friends who might be interested:

http://my.barackobama.com/may28audio

Putting a human face on the health care crisis is exactly what's needed. We've all been affected by our health care system in some way or another, and it's through your story and others like it that the need for reform can be truly driven home.

So please upload a photo to go with your story and make any edits you feel are necessary to make your story even more powerful.

If for any reason you've changed your mind about sharing your story publicly, that's okay, too. Please let us know and we will not include it on the site:

http://stories.barackobama.com/healthcare/stories/update_landing

Thank you,

Health Care Now ! Based on the information I have been getting, Senator Wyden's “The Healthy Americans Act” is NOT the best option, it does include taxing of benefits. The republicans are sure afraid of just offering a government alternative and allowing you to keep what you have if you choose too.

William --

Thank you so much for sharing your story about health care and for allowing us to share it with the public to support health care reform.

Whether it's a story of personal experience with the deficiencies in our current system or of the experience of someone close to you, it is invaluable to us as we tell the larger story of why reform is necessary to the American public.

We're launching a new feature on our website next week to dramatically increase the visibility and impact of the stories that we have received.

This new section of our website -- "Health Care Stories for America" -- will make hundreds of thousands of stories available for folks to read and share challenges so many Americans face in getting quality, affordable health care.

Before we go live, we wanted to give you the opportunity to add a picture to your story and make any other final edits to it before it gets posted.

President Obama, I am still giving him a B+, with that Supreme Court nominee (Yes we Can), but if his Health care plan includes taxing benefits he will for sure fall to a C-.

Bring our people home!

At the 11th Hour, on the 11th Day, of the 11th Month a cease fire was signed to end the war to end all wars in 1918. How's that worked out so far?

SPORTS

The Mariners are hurting and they lost yesterday to the Rockies, this next stretch should be favorable. I still like that kid from Butte. I actually think that kid that got the rain delay win, his first in the Bigs, is an alumni of Pasadena City College.

I still think Hernandez is the Cy Young leader right now in the American league.

I do like 2-1 ball games better than blowouts, and I still think Zambrano is the Cy Young leader in the National league.

Both of the following historic accomplishments deserve many repeats: so here I go again;

Randy Johnson got his number 300 win and he was lucky enough to share it with his son in the dugout. There have been less than 30 players in the history of baseball that have accomplished that. The way the game has changed that may be the last 300 game winner in baseball.

Jamie Moyer has 250, you go guy! Will you be able to pitch past 50?

Do you realize how hard it must be to get to 250 wins in MLB, especially without a 90+ mph fast ball, come on Phillies he just needs run support for 17 wins a year and 3 more years!.

Imagine having played 2,624 games in their history (Cubs - Dodgers) and each team had won 1,312. That still astounds me.

I still hope to get to a Beaver game before San Diego pulls all the talent up.

From Mary Ellen:

Hi All,
Just sending along this website www.CaliberImages.net if you want to look at some of the pictures of the boys.  Click on the website address, then Land Sports, then 2009 SCLL Pac Coast Championship Game.  Kaleb is in photo #5, 6, 44, 51, & 55.  His uniform is number 1.  Tanner is in pictures # 9, 11, 28, 38, 53, 54 & 55.  They ended the season in 2nd place after losing only 2 games all year.  Kaleb's NW 8's team also took second place. 
Tanner & Kaleb Jacques playoffs
 
COMMUNITY ORGANIZERS

I still plan to get a permanent link for Denise and her walk/run, right now you can get there here:

http://www.facebook.com/ext/share.php?sid=206439510610&h=VyGOF&u=ohEQM&ref=mf

The American Rights at Work ads are getting better all the time.

Are there better Community Organizations than the National Guard or the USO?

OTHER STUFF AND COMMUNICATIONS

I did hear from Brother Wayne Dragers paralegal and answered her questions as best as I could. I hope his efforts in his asbestoses case is successful.

Please, I hope everyone can share the American Rights at Work, the MS walk, the March of Dimes walk, The Epilepsy Run/Walk and the Recovery websites; so my taxes and donations can be utilized to their fullest extent.

Whether you attend a church service, a Mosque, G & L gathering, or Synagogue service, please say a prayer that God; yours, mine or ours; keeps our service men and women in the Palm of their hand.

A reminder, I had a new nominee for my hero's list, Dianna Paulie McCoy.
We met on the Mondale, Ferarro Presidential campaign. I didn't find out until after the campaign that she was the widow of a boat yard hand from the painters, I think. A much more faithful Democrat than I, and an excellent teacher of the Political System to many of my brothers and sisters, the blood in her veins runs through a number of Iron Workers. Also proud to be Irish, maybe even a relative; I just wish she was a better card player.

Could you even say a special prayer for my nephews Daniel, Christopher, Ryan and all the families separated right now. And, ANYONE, not just me, facing some health challenges today.

Mike; This is not a short post, I have really been getting long winded lately, (I did a word count before posting and this is almost 2,000 again; not so short) but I am feeling 3+.

Now don't forget to say your prayers. I'll see you next time on my blog.

1 comment:

Bobbie said...

If Dennis made the sweetie pies they would have been made of pipe & welded together :)