Monday, June 29, 2009

Montana, Here we come.

PERSONAL

I awoke this morning at 5:30am to a -3 after 10 hours of sleep, and a clear morning. I took my am pills,less my Ritalin and put my flag out and I settled into my Lazy Boy for 4 massages.

Less new news today as I have an appointment with my NCA this morning and I must get into my “contraption” and prepare.

I will start today again by saying thank you to all those who joined my request for prayers for my two friends who went through surgery last Wednesday. It appears that friend and brother Jim's stint surgery went well. Imagine, going through an artery through the heart and placing a stint in one of his veins,or arteries, I don't know which, for the 3rd time, on Wednesday morning, and he was released Wednesday night. Wednesday afternoon friend Dianna had her surgery early in the afternoon and Judi has been checking on her since. She is still in the hospital but they had her up and walking yesterday was a pretty tiring day and we are all hoping for good results and a speedy recovery. We still need and want the prayers to continue and I am sure they have been a help so far.

Our “Prayer Chain” for Dianna and Jim is having good results so far, Thank You, and I would ask everyone to continue that can. As I said in my email, I AM living proof of good results.

My daily prayer is to Mary Mother of God…..”O Most Blessed Mother, heart of love, heart of mercy, ever listening, caring, consoling, hear OUR prayer. As your children we implore your intercession with Jesus your Son. Receive with understanding and compassion the petitions we place before you today, especially for my dear friends Dianna, Jim, and Maria and all in need.

We are comforted in knowing your heart is ever open to those who ask for your prayer. We trust to your care and intercession, those whom we love and who are sick or lonely or hurting. Help ALL of us, to bear our burdens in this life until we may share eternal life and peace with God forever, Amen.”

I did check the cherry tree as I put my flag out and it did not appear to have many birds attacking it, but it also did not appear to have a lot of cherries left. I missed Senator Merkley's town hall in Gladstone Saturday. We did not get any cherry pickers over the weekend, but there appeared to be a few cherries left this morning and a few starlings were feasting.

I am still going to try to get a family planning meeting to try coordinate our trip to Montana. I seem to be bouncing from 60/40 gonna go, to 60/40, can't make it.
It looks like the 60/40 go is the winner so far. It might take a few days to get there but I made reservations for Friday, Saturday and Sunday at Fairmont, and I suppose with enough prescriptions and the sight of everyone else I will be fine.

Again, today my format changes may continue. Judi is going to try to get me a Link to my “Hero's” - “Zero's” and “Community Organizations” and “Charities” which are not up yet, but soon I hope.

And I will keep up Denise's Walk address just in case you were waiting for your pension or retirement check. I did get a couple emails from cousin Bobbie and Denise with the address and I will make another try.

I think It worked? …............. http://efnw.kintera.org/faf/login/page_edit.asp?

POLITICAL

South Carolina's governor is in trouble for supposedly sneaking of to Argentina to see his girlfriend. Hey people it's South Carolina, I think he was trying to work out a secession deal. Opp's my mistake, it was the Governor of Texas that was threatening secession, it was just South Carolina that started the first Civil War. Besides, as I understand it, he is not even related to the women from Argentina.

I still don't know what did happen in Astoria? I did get an email from my friend, and sister, Suzanne saying she really liked my letter. However, I don't know if she read it from my blog or if it was published elsewhere.

Saturday did the Oregon House pass their Energy bill? I am sure, sine die is soon to follow, and my Hero's and Zero's list will grow.

Come on Salem, not much time left and hopefully they will get behind the President, we need that cleaner energy and those good jobs. Buildings, Manufacturing Plants, and an Energy program (see: clean energy and Bradwood Landing).

I used to be the field representative for Local 235, which covered pipeline jurisdiction for the whole state. I am hearing that the “big” concern on the Natural Gas Facility is the distribution pipeline that needs to be built. Maybe the Bradwood people should publish a map that showed all the natural gas mains and distribution lines already in the State? The Mainlines have to be marked on the ground after they are buried or you would never know where they were. I think I will go online and see if I can find that information.

I am trying to keep my grade for the President from falling from a B+ to a C, because of Health Care and American Rights at Work and also getting the Oregon Legislature from a D back to a C.

I have moved the Oregon Legislature down to a D-, right now because I am still watching how, as Peter so eloquently put it, “the Oregon Legislature has Your Back”; to the Oregon National Guard. How about some inexpensive ($40 a month for a computer?) internet access? (I guess it is easier to cover someones back when you are going in circles?) Could that be why they call it a “Rotunda” at the Capital?

OK, what did YOU do for the Guard today.

Health Care Now !

My health care story is posted, so is my cousin Mick Jacques story in Arizona, thanks to Mary Ellen.
http://stories.barackobama.com/healthcare/stories/update_landing

I still have this question? I seem to remember when growing up, they had a “County Hospital” that was for those that couldn't afford Health Care or did not have insurance. All those County Hospitals got taken over or destroyed in the 1950's and 60's, mostly because we did not want to pay for them through taxes. That was over 30+ years ago. Today some the richest Corporations in the country are “for profit” hospitals and insurance companies.
We have been hearing for years (decades even) that we need to DO SOMETHING about health care. I wonder how many Hospitals could be built, and staffed with the MONEY we are paying for Medicare, Medicaid, Private Insurance, Scholarships to Med School, and Nursing. We could even treat Med School scholarships like joining the National Guard or going to one of the Service Academies. You commit to 4-6 years of saving people for the government in one of these “County” institutions, “paid just enough to get by”, just like the services are now. Wouldn't that be a sure bet for an “All Volunteer” program?

President Obama; I am giving him a B, with his Supreme Court nominee (Yes we Can), and from what I've heard of his Health Care proposals and based on his AMA speech, his Health Care plan does not include taxing fringe benefits otherwise he will surely fall to a C-. And if he can Sheppard the “Employee Free Choice Act” into law he will definitely earn his A.
Does anyone else think it's weird to see Arlen Specter on TV with a D after his name?

Bring our people home!

At the 11th Hour, on the 11th Day, of the 11th Month a cease fire was signed to end the war to end all wars in 1918. How's that worked out so far?

SPORTS

The Dodgers sure looked good Friday but, with Felix is on the mound Saturday there was a rubber game yesterday for the series. Must be why I didn't hear from Marty yesterday afternoon but I do have a spare rubber band as his, didn't get one for him. :-p
.
I still think Felix Hernandez is the Cy Young leader right now in the American league.

And even though he was roughed up in his last start, I still think Carlos Zambrano is the Cy Young leader in the National league. But that kid with the Dodgers Fiday night looked pretty good.

I am sure Roberto Clemente is looking down with pride.

I still hope to get to a Beaver game even before the “Building Trades Appreciation Night” and San Diego pulls all the talent up. I watched a couple games on FSN and they are very entertaining. I am also looking forward to see the kid from Gresham. I checked on the Beavers website and they are offering “flex” packages that really look like good deals.

COMMUNITY ORGANIZERS

The American Rights at Work ads are getting better all the time.

Are there better Community Organizations than the National Guard or the USO?

OTHER STUFF AND COMMUNICATIONS

Also, I found out the Happy Birthday, I announced? on June 19, was for Molly and Cloe and Grace's brand new Brother, Hayden? Oh, by the way, we can add Maria and Hayden Smithson to our Chain. I sure hope Molly and Cloe let Grace and Haden know about my Leprechaun's.

Please, I hope everyone can share the American Rights at Work, the MS walk, the March of Dimes walk, The Epilepsy Run/Walk and the Recovery websites; so my taxes and donations can be utilized to their fullest extent.

Whether you attend a church service, a Mosque, G & L gathering, or Synagogue service, please say a prayer that God; yours, mine or ours; keeps our service men and women in the Palm of their hand.
(Dianna, Jim, and Maria also)

I still have one zero's list inductee so far, John Boerner, he likes to pronounce it baynor, I like it the other way myself. Again, because as my father always told me “If you don't have anything good to say..........so now I'll add a new Hero.

John Smithson, Husband of Maria, Father of Molly, Cloe, Grace and now Hayden. So many YEARS of being outnumbered in that house, he now has an ally. It is now an even match, 4-2,OOOOOOOOh.

However; if you happen to be in the Bay Area (San Francisco – Oakland) anytime in July you are in for a treat. Apparently “just having Labor Day in September isn't enough. Check out http://www.laborfest.net/2009schedule.htm

Also, Today is the end of “Cherry Tree” protection time.

Mike; My blog is shorter? today, and I am feeling 3+.

Now don't forget to say your prayers. I'll see you next time on my blog.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wally,

Thank you for the update on Dianna. She is in my prayers.
Love your blog!

Judy O'Connor