Saturday, June 13, 2009

STILL LEARNING............

PERSONAL

I awoke this morning at 5:15am to a 3, after 6+ hours sleep, and a cloudy morning. I took my am pills, and put my flag out and I settled into my Lazy Boy for 2 quick massages.

I did have a short conversation with my sister Dannette last night and all is well over there. She did talk to Nephew Daniel and he is doing well and there are rumors of him making Sgt.

Again, today my format changes may continue. I think my permanent “Hero's” box is up, I am still not sure how to keep it up yet and the “pay pal” box for direct connections to MY charities of choice is not complete yet, so you will have to go directly to their link. If “pay pal” works the way I want, a donation there goes to me for distribution to one of the many I list in my “Community Organizers” section. I will try to keep a running tally. I will also try to keep posting the direct links for those charities.

Off to bed last night after watching Bill Moyers Journal and Frontline and an early morning today, I still awoke to a 3 today. I still have these tasks; I am going to be checking out various golf courses and see what kind of Golf Carts they have available. I am also going to schedule an appointment with the scooter people now that I have a prescription for hand controls and I received my letter from Carol Marie and the reunion is only six weeks away. Today we get to get over to cousin Jim's as Doug & Dereka are in town with Wyatt Gabrial and that will make for a BUSY, BUSY, BUSY, day again today.

Judi and I went for Chinese dinner last night, and a short stop to help the Oregon Economy. I'm pretty sure I have a new park of my own by now. While I was gaming I kept hitting cherries and visualizing the birds at home in the tree.

After chasing 3-4 birds out of my cherry tree this morning, I came back in for 2 more chair massages and a Saturday fodder review on C-span, CNBC, CNN, and the local news.

POLITICAL

I still don't know what did happen in Astoria? I did get a email from my friend, and sister, Suzanne saying she really liked my letter. However, I don't know if she read it from my blog or if it was published elsewhere.

Come on Salem, Get behind the President, we need that cleaner energy and those good jobs. I did get a good email report, he thought so anyway, from the Oregon Speaker of the House. I would have felt better if it had a job's report that was not just about roads and bridges. Buildings, Manufacturing Plants, and an Energy program (see: clean energy and Bradwood). I think they even did something about workers rights. Here I am trying to keep the President's grade from falling from a B+ to a C, because of Health Care and American Rights at Work and getting the Oregon Legislature from a C- to a B. I have them at C- right now because I am still watching how, as Peter so eloquently put it, the Legislature has Your Back; to the Oregon National Guard. OK, what did YOU do for the Guard today.

The last Oregon Legislative Session, Comcast did televise it, but not so this year. I will try to find it online and at least watch some of the end of it on my computer.
.
The President has called on the thousands of participants in his conference call to observe a National Health Care Day of Service on June 27th and I will continue to post and find a way to participate however I can.

Please listen to the call, and pass this note on to any of your friends who might be interested:

http://my.barackobama.com/may28audio

Health Care Now ! Based on the information I have been getting, Senator Wyden's “The Healthy Americans Act” is NOT the best option, it does include taxing of benefits. The republicans are sure afraid of just offering a government alternative and allowing you to keep what you have if you choose too.

President Obama, I am still giving him a B+, with that Supreme Court nominee (Yes we Can), but if his Health care plan includes taxing benefits he will for sure fall to a C-.

Bill Moyers had Robert Reich (sp?) as a guest and they talked about whether the President was delivering from his campaign. Based on what I heard the former Secretary of Labor was grading the President similar to my grades.

Bring our people home!

At the 11th Hour, on the 11th Day, of the 11th Month a cease fire was signed to end the war to end all wars in 1918. How's that worked out so far?

SPORTS

The Mariners are hurting but they are back to winning and this next stretch should be favorable. I still like that kid from Butte. I actually think that kid that got the rain delay win, his first in the Bigs, is an alumni of Pasadena City College. And I still think Hernandez is the Cy Young leader right now in the American league.

I do like 2-1 ball games better than blowouts, and I still think Zambrano is the Cy Young leader in the National league.

Both of the following historic accomplishments deserve many repeats: so here I go again;

Randy Johnson got his number 300 win and he was lucky enough to share it with his son in the dugout. There have been less than 30 players in the history of baseball that have accomplished that. The way the game has changed that may be the last 300 game winner in baseball.

Jamie Moyer has 250, you go guy! Will you be able to pitch past 50?

Do you realize how hard it must be to get to 250 wins in MLB, especially without a 90+ mph fast ball, come on Phillies he just needs run support for 17 wins a year and 3 more years!.

Imagine having played 2,624 games in their history (Cubs - Dodgers) and each team had won 1,312. That still astounds me.

I still hope I get to a Beaver game before San Diego pulls all the talent up. And brother Mike brought me home a beautiful 290 blanket last night for the cool damp games. And I really need to thank John E. as he was the one that sent it over according to Mike.

COMMUNITY ORGANIZERS

I still plan to get a permanent link for Denise and her walk/run, right now you can get there here:

http://www.facebook.com/ext/share.php?sid=206439510610&h=VyGOF&u=ohEQM&ref=mf The American Rights at Work ads are getting better all the time.

Are there better Community Organizations than the National Guard or the USO?

OTHER STUFF AND COMMUNICATIONS

I did hear from Brother Dragers paralegal and answered her questions as best as I could. I hope his efforts in his asbestoses case is successful.

Please, I hope everyone can share the American Rights at Work, the MS walk, the March of Dimes walk, The Epilepsy Run/Walk and the Recovery websites; so my taxes and donations can be utilized to their fullest extent.

Whether you attend a church service, a Mosque, G & L gathering, or Synagogue service, please say a prayer that God; yours, mine or ours; keeps our service men and women in the Palm of their hand.

A reminder, I had a new nominee for my hero's list, Dianna Paulie McCoy.
We met on the Mondale, Ferarro Presidential campaign. I didn't find out until after the campaign that she was the widow of a boat yard hand from the painters, I think. A much more faithful Democrat than I, and an excellent teacher of the Political System to many of my brothers and sisters, the blood in her veins runs through a number of Iron Workers. Sheis also proud to be Irish, maybe even a relative; I just wish she was a better card player.

Could you even say a special prayer for my nephews Daniel, Christopher, Ryan and all the families separated right now. And, ANYONE, not just me, facing some health challenges today.

Mike; Saturday's are short posts, because I have really been getting long winded lately, (I did a word count before posting and this post is NOT so short) but I am feeling 3+.

Now don't forget to say your prayers. I'll see you next time on my blog.

No comments: