Wednesday, June 24, 2009

ZERO LIST BEGINS #1 JOHN BOEHNER

PERSONAL

I awoke this morning at 5:45am to a 3 after 8 + hours of sleep, and a beautiful sunny morning. I took my am pills, and put my flag out and I settled into my Lazy Boy for 2 quick massages.

It was great to get back to Columbia Park saturday and remember all those great memories, even those that have been coming back since. I also missed John Schwab and Lord knows who else and forgetting to mention Mike Penner. I was sorry to hear that Leonard was having such back problems but I was sure encouraged by George to get those hand controls for my car. We used to count kids to determine how everyone was doing. It seems now it's counting canes, walkers, wheel chairs, and I didn't even have a beer. I did also get to have a good conversation with Helen. She told me the girls were still meeting for their lunch's and everyone really missed Mom, and Alice, …...and Dad. She also asked about Dannette and Marty. I did miss seeing any of the Percin's, Kantack's, Schwabs and Driscoll's, but it did sound like Pat Percin and the kids are doing well. Zowie is living with his son, Joe. Maybe others were there and I just missed them, I have MS you know.

My meeting yesterday morning with John and Burton went well and we finally got the PICC signatures changed. I got to Johns office early enough to see many old friends and pass out a few of my new business cards. It was great to see everybody.

I did get my “personal” story posted on the Obama health care “story” website.

Again, today my format changes may continue. My permanent “Hero's” box is up but now I need to put up a link and find a home for the list, it is now 22 members large. Being I have a “Hero's” list; it is only appropriate I establish a “Zero's” list.

If “pay pal” works the way I want, a donation there goes to me for distribution to one of the many I list in my “Community Organizers” section. I will try to keep a running tally. I will also try to keep posting the direct links for those charities.

I did start a “Prayer Chain” for Dianna, and I would ask everyone to join in that can. As I said in my email, I AM living proof of good results. I also found out this morning friend and brother Jim Ellis is having surgery today to have a 3rd stint put in for his heart, please include him in your prayers also.

I will check for a direct link for, “DADS DAY”, Dollars against Diabetes.

And I will keep up Denise's Walk address just in case you were waiting for your pension or retirement check. I'll also have to see if my on line attempt worked.

POLITICAL

I still don't know what did happen in Astoria? I did get a email from my friend, and sister, Suzanne saying she really liked my letter. However, I don't know if she read it from my blog or if it was published elsewhere.

I did get a mailer from Senator Wyden and before (opp's too late) I give him a bad time I guess I should really read his proposal.

I really need to get that “Hero's & Zero's” list updated and going. My Father used to say “If you haven't got anything good to say about someone, then don't say anything”. Sorry Dad, I still need that “ZERO'S” list. If you happen to make the zero's list it does not necessarily mean I don't like you, just that I have been disappointed in you.
My first Zero nominee is the Republican Leader in the House of Representatives, that Boner guy, as I have been working on my blog and trying to listen to C-span he or another Republican has moved to adjourn the house four times in the first 2 hours and “demanded” a recorded (15 minute) vote, and believe me I will try to get his name spelled right as he is the first on my zero list.

Come on Salem, not much time left to get behind the President, we need that cleaner energy and those good jobs. Buildings, Manufacturing Plants, and an Energy program (see: clean energy and Bradwood Landing). I used to be the field representative for Local 235, which covered pipeline jurisdiction for the whole state. I am hearing that the “big” concern on the Natural Gas Facility is the distribution pipeline that needs to be built. Maybe the Bradwood people should publish a map that showed all the natural gas mains and distribution lines already in the State? The Mainlines have to be marked on the ground, to be seen from the air after they are buried, or you would never know where they were. Oregon Democrats could help the President by passing HB 3058. I suppose know is a good time to let everyone know...............my Hero AND Zero lists are non-partisan.

I am trying to keep my grade for the President from falling from a B+ to a C, because of Health Care and American Rights at Work and also getting the Oregon Legislature from a D back to a C.
I have moved the Oregon Legislature down to a D, right now because I am still watching how, as Peter so eloquently put it, “the Oregon Legislature has Your Back”; to the Oregon National Guard. (Is it easier to cover someones back when you are going in circles?) OK, what did YOU do for the Guard today. I did email Daniel yesterday, to wish him and the other Fathers in his group (The Oregon National Guard) a Happy Fathers Day, such as it is, and keep me posted, if they need anything.

My healthcare story is posted:
http://stories.barackobama.com/healthcare/stories/update_landing

Health Care Now !

I still have this question? I seem to remember when growing up, they had a “County Hospital” that was for those that couldn't afford Health Care or did not have insurance. All those County Hospitals got taken over or destroyed in the 1950's and 60's, mostly because we did not want to pay for them through taxes. That was over 30+ years ago. Today some of the richest Corporations in the country are “for profit” hospitals and insurance companies.
We have been hearing for years (decades even) that we need to DO SOMETHING about health care. I wonder how many Hospitals could be built, and staffed with the MONEY we are paying for Medicare, Medicaid, Private Insurance, Scholarships to Med School, and Nursing. We could even treat Med School scholarships like joining the National Guard or going to one of the Service Academies. You commit to 4-6 years of saving people for the government in one of these “County” institutions, “paid just enough to get by”, just like the services are now. Wouldn't that be a sure bet for an “All Volunteer” program?

President Obama; I am giving him a B, with his Supreme Court nominee (Yes we Can), and from what I've heard of his Health Care proposals and based on his AMA speech, his Health Care plan does not include taxing fringe benefits otherwise he will for surely fall to a C-. And if he can Sheppard the “Employee Free Choice Act” into law he will definitely earn his A.

Bring our people home! Or at least don't charge them for communicating to family!

At the 11th Hour, on the 11th Day, of the 11th Month a cease fire was signed to end the war to end all wars in 1918. How's that worked out so far?

It's still hard to believe that “Big Ed”, Rachael Maddow and Keith Olberman are on the same network as Erin Burnet and Jim Cramer (CNBC)..........recently from SEIU
CNBC isn't exactly a shining example of responsible journalism.  The financial news network has been ridiculed for enabling the financial crisis with flawed reporting and fawning coverage of failed CEOs.
Well, CNBC is at it again.  Yesterday, CNBC's Jim Cramer and Erin Burnett made a ridiculous, irresponsible statement.  Cramer and Burnett compared the aftermath of Iran's recent election to what would happen under the Employee Free Choice Act.

I once heard Peter Courtney of the Oregon Senate say to our National Guard, “The Oregon Legislature has your back!” Why then, when a Guardsman wishes to communicate to a loved one back home they charge them $40.00 a month for computer internet access? Now I know the Oregon Budget is short, but are you trying to alleviate the deficit on the backs of our troops?

SPORTS

The College World Series is going on, good game last night if your a Texas fan, and there are some pretty darn good ball players out there. From what I heard yesterday the Mariners commitments did well in this years Series.

I still think Felix Hernandez is the Cy Young leader right now in the American league.

I still think Carlos Zambrano is the Cy Young leader in the National league.

I am sure Roberto Clemente is looking down with pride.

I still hope to get to a Beaver game before San Diego pulls all the talent up.

COMMUNITY ORGANIZERS

I realized again at Columbia Park, the best place to “start” community organizations are right at the neighborhood level.

I still plan to get a permanent link for Denise and her walk/run, right now you can get there here:

http://www.facebook.com/ext/share.php?sid=206439510610&h=VyGOF&u=ohEQM&ref=mf

The American Rights at Work ads are getting better all the time.

Are there better Community Organizations than the National Guard or the USO?

OTHER STUFF AND COMMUNICATIONS

Please, I hope everyone can share the American Rights at Work, the MS walk, the March of Dimes walk, The Epilepsy Run/Walk and the Recovery websites; so my taxes and donations can be utilized to their fullest extent.

Whether you attend a church service, a Mosque, G & L gathering, or Synagogue service, please say a prayer that God; yours, mine or ours; keeps our service men and women in the Palm of their hand.
(Dianna too)(Jim also)

I have a nominee for my zero's list, John Boerner, he likes to pronounce it baynor, I like it the other way myself. Because my father always told me “If you don't have anything good to say..........so I'll just repeat my reasons for yesterday's hero.

Margurite Loretta Monahan Mehrens, better known as Muggs. One claim to fame, was binging me into this world almost 59 years ago. Another was having the gumption to load up 5 kids in a 1959 Plymouth and move, with Lefty, almost 1,000 miles from her home to make a new home, and have new opportunities for her children. A lot of that “extended family” at the park on Saturday made it possible, thank you. The Monahan Clan has a family reunion scheduled in a few weeks in Anaconda, that, good Lord willing and the creek don't rise (and I get and become proficient with hand controls) we will make the trip. As of right now I am not too optimistic.
Oh, by the way, the 22nd was my newest hero's Birthday.

Could you even say a special prayer for my nephews Daniel, Christopher, Ryan and all the families separated right now. And, ANYONE, not just me, facing some health challenges today.

Mike; My blog is almost 1800, I'm posting and I am feeling 3+.

Now don't forget to say your prayers. I'll see you next time on my blog.

No comments: