Monday, March 30, 2009

MY NEW SECTION

PERSONAL

I awoke this morning at 7:15am to a 3, after another good 10 hours of sleep. I took my am pills and noticed it was a clear although cool temp on the deck. I went to my chair and did 4 massages while I perused my regular TV stations, C-span, CNN, CNBC, and the local news for blog fodder. Reports to follow. While I was sitting there I decided to add a new WEEKLY section, (HERO’S) which, I hope, will be entertaining for everyone. I do really like being on face book, but I am sure it will take a while to get acclimated and I'm sure it will increase my time back here at the computer. After the Presidents little speech this morning I have even decided that maybe buying a new car for Judi is a good idea. (American Hybrid) I definitely do not want to give up my Chrysler and Judi even suggested maybe some hand controls are in order? My first look at the DOW showed it down to just over 7500 and OIL & GAS were both down. The CNBC Wall Street talking heads were raising a ruckus about that proposed 2-3% tax increase on those MAKING over $250,000, Are Greed and Selfishness, synonyms? It will be interesting to see the differences in the responses on the disaster facing Fargo N.D. and the responses in the aftermath of Katrina. Is it somewhat eerie that it is the RED river threatening North Dakota? They tell me sometime in May may be my SSID breakthrough.

POLITICAL

My first look at C-span had the President speaking from the White House on the economy, with a long lineup of cabinet people. C-span Senate has started the debate on the Presidents Budget and Kent Conrad of N.D. was taking the good guy position and Judd Gregg was taking the bad guy position. I still can’t believe Barack considered him for his cabinet.

SPORTS

While I am sure it was way too cold and way too wet the weekend baseball series between the Ducks and the Beavers did bring out the crowds at PGE Park.

I hope, cousin Bob and President Obama aren’t mad at me for being a Cubs fan, after all it is Chicago.

COMMUNITY ORGANIZERS

Definitely worth a viewing, and take note of both guests. http://www.pbs.org/moyers/journal/index-flash.html

Please help Judi for the MS walk on April 4th. Her team seems to be growing and that is wonderful.
http://walkorc.nationalmssociety.org/site/TR?pg=teamlist&fr_id=10490

Help for Brandee and babies everywhere, Take a look:
http://marchforbabies.org/personal_page.asp?w=21019798&u=brandeenull&bt=2

Keep those ads going Mary Beth Maxwell, with the defection of Senator Specter from Pennsylvania, they need more help, and so does Al Franken in Minnesota ……….http://www.americanrightsatwork.org

One of the best Keith Olberman Rants ever, it’s time to sharpen your pitchforks! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbRxKIXnLLc

Women in Trades Fair, May 14,15,16 http://www.tradeswomen.net

For your thoughts on the recovery……….http://my.barackobama.com/recovery

To see where your federal dollars goes ….... http://recovery.gov

MY HERO’S

#1 Lefty Mehrens, He is in the Butte Montana Hall of fame and listed in a couple of books.
#2 Barack Obama, He returned my faith in government.
#3 Mike Mehrens, He understands; all you can do, and he actually reads my blog regularly.
#4 Ron Wyden, He still looks out for old people, and now I am one. And He read my blog once.
#5 Hillary Rodam Clinton, She has “mucho” brains, the capacity for forgiveness, and I did not want to appear a sexist.

OTHER STUFF & OBSERVATIONS

I hope everyone can share the American Rights at work website so my small donation can be utilized to it’s fullest extent. I did send them another small donation because they are still doing the Lords work.

Please, You can share the American Rights, the MS walk, March of Dimes walk and the recovery websites; so my taxes and donations can be utilized to their fullest extent.

Whether you attend a church service, a Mosque, G & L gathering, or Synagogue service, please say a prayer that God; yours, mine or ours; keeps our service men and women in the Palm of their hand.

And please a little prayer for my friends Bill & Jeannie.

Mike, I am posting almost 700, and I am posting at a 4+.

Well, I’ll see you next time on my blog………….

No comments: