Thursday, March 26, 2009

Vitter is Bitter, and in hiding?

PERSONAL

I awoke this morning at 7am, to a 3-, after a good 9 hours of sleep. I did remember to take my am pills this morning and settled into my chair for a couple of massages and checked for fodder on my TV at C-span, CNN, CNBC and the local news. The House and Senate on C-span 1&2 gave me some more good fodder I will report on later. Brother Mike and sister-in-law Debbie are supposed to come by tonight and she will give me a haircut and I hope the weather is nice enough that we can do it on the back deck. I am going to try to post by 10am so I can get a good 5 hours in my cast before Mike and Debbie come by so my report may be a little short today. Judi was helpful enough yesterday to get me “plumbed up”, and I may be able to start using my space book page. I am a little late because Jeannie came by and picked up Judi to take her to check out the facilities for Bill's service, and I needed a hug.

POLITICAL

Our friend Bill’s service will be Friday April 3rd at noon at St Johns Catholic Church in Milwaukie and then he will be laid to rest at Willamette Cemetery at 2pm, I think. My tune in to C-span had the house Natural Resources Committee bill up and the R’s were doing everything they could to make sure that there was no mention of ‘‘Global Warming” and the Senate had Republican Vitter of Louisiana ranting against ACORN, and submitting an amendment to make sure ACORN received no help or money from the legislation to promote volunteerism. Senator Mikulski was great in her rebuttal of his remarks, so much so, she scared him off the floor, and I imagine he hid in the cloakroom! I would suggest ACORN get a copy of his statements, as he made some very inflammatory remarks. He apparently forgot that it was his hero that watched the devastation of Katrina from 30,000’ and he gave them Brownie to do a good job and it was ACORN that actually got a few thousand volunteers to DO some recovery work. I sure hope the Al Franken Senate seat gets resolved soon, I’m sure he would have lot’s of fun with “Bitter Vitter”.

SPORTS

I did not watch all of the Cubbies-Dodgers preseason game last night, but when I checked in the Dodgers were winning and the announcer said they would probably win the NL west again this year.

COMMUNITY ORGANIZERS

Please help Judi for the MS walk on April 4th. She actually has more than 2 registered now; Thank You.
http://walkorc.nationalmssociety.org/site/TR?pg=teamlist&fr_id=10490

Help for Brandee and babies everywhere, Take a look:
http://marchforbabies.org/personal_page.asp?w=21019798&u=brandeenull&bt=2

Keep those ads going Mary Beth Maxwell, with the defection of Senator Specter from Pennsylvania, they need more help, and so does Al Franken in Minnesota ……….http://www.americanrightsatwork.org

One of the best Keith Olberman Rants ever, it’s time to sharpen your pitchforks http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbRxKIXnLLc

Women in Trades Fair, May 14,15,16 http://www.tradeswomen.net

For your thoughts on the recovery……….http://my.barackobama.com/recovery

To see where your federal dollars goes ….... http://recovery.gov

OTHER STUFF & OBSERVATIONS

I hope everyone can share the American Rights at work website so my small donation can be utilized to it’s fullest extent.

Please, You can also share the American Rights, the MS walk, March of Dimes walk and the recovery websites so my taxes and donations can be utilized to their fullest extent.

Whether you attend a church service, a Mosque, G & L gathering, or Synagogue service, please say a prayer that God; yours, mine or ours; keeps our service men and women in the Palm of their hand. And please add a little prayer for my friend Bill.

Mike, I am posting just over 625, but I am posting at a 4+.

Well, I’ll see you next time on my blog………….

No comments: