Monday, March 16, 2009

A real Republican ?

PERSONAL

I awoke this morning at 5am to a 3-, I felt better than a 3-, but my right leg took a while to get it to work right. I took my am pills, then I had 4 sessions in my chair; I looked for the latest gems from the talking heads on C-span, CNN, CNBC, and the local news. Neither house was in session yet but C-span was carrying the National Conference of Mayors/Cities conference in D.C. The beginning was pretty good and I will report some of it below. My first look at the DOW showed it up over 80 points and OIL & GAS both down slightly. Brother Mike sent me a picture of an 11’+ sturgeon caught in Oregon City, I don’t know when. but it was an awesome picture, it took 5 guys and 2 cases of beer to land it. It was released so it is still swimming around the falls I guess.

POLITICAL

Chris Mathews of NBC/CNBC was one of the keynote speakers today at that Mayors Conference, along with Republican Senator Susan Collins of Maine. As you no doubt know, I really like good speakers and they both impressed me. If you can get yourself copies of either, I am sure you will be impressed also. Chris Mathews historical perspective was absolutely enlightening and Senator Collins gave me pause, that there may still be some REAL republicans left.

SPORTS

The MARCH MADNESS brackets are now set. North Carolina is favored, UCLA will win and Judi’s Vikings are going to the dance also. Rudy’s back and the Blazers should prosper from that situation.

COMMUNITY ORGANIZERS

Please help Judi for the MS walk on April 4th:
http://walkorc.nationalmssociety.org/site/TR?pg=teamlist&fr_id=10490

Help for Brandee and babies everywhere, Take a look:
http://marchforbabies.org/personal_page.asp?w=21019798&u=brandeenull&bt=2

Keep those ads going Mary Beth Maxwell……….http://www.americanrightsatwork.org

For your thoughts on the recovery……….http://my.barackobama.com/recovery

To see where your federal dollars goes ….... http://recovery.gov

OTHER STUFF & OBSERVATIONS

I hope everyone can share the American Rights at work website so my small donation can be utilized to it’s fullest extent.

Please, I also hope you can share the American Rights, the MS, March of Dimes and the recovery websites so my taxes and donations can be utilized to their fullest extent.

Whether you attend a church service, a Mosque, G & L gathering, or Synagogue service, please say a prayer that God; yours, mine or ours; keeps our service men and women in the Palm of their hand.

Mike I am just over 400, and I am posting at a 4-.

Well, I’ll see you next time on my blog………….

No comments: