Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Partners in Construcion Cooperation, HMMMMMMMM

PERSONAL

I awoke this morning to a 3, after 9+ hours of good sleep. I took my am pills and settled into my chair for a number of massages and tuned into the regular TV channels, C-span, CNN, CNBC and the local news channels for fodder material I will report on later. I made no report yesterday as it was a very busy day for me. Brother Marty took me to my NCA appointment where I received my “normal” adjustments and was chastised for not wearing my body cast so he could make any needed adjustments. We both agreed the cast was doing its job and my back pain level was greatly decreased. Following my appointment we went by the hall and saw Mike and went to lunch with him and Marty’s friend, Amy , who works for Habitat for Humanity in Newberg and I gave her some advice for her upcoming project in Newberg. I suggested she contact John Mohlis at CPBT and Connie Ashbrook with Oregon Tradeswomen and the Union at the Newberg Paper mill for assistance. My venture outside was a full 5+ hours and that probably added to my nice long sleep last night.
When I got home I had a message waiting that I received a phone call from an old friend. We worked together on establishing a program called PICC (Partners in Construction Cooperation). We started it when Bill Clinton was President and it was widely regarded as a successful program; at least by the customers who used it, Labor was mixed on their acceptance, but I don’t think the Contractors were too enamored with it. One of our first projects was for James River in Camas and The VP for James River actually sent me too Michigan to make a pitch with the Unions in Battle Creek to give it a try on their Mill expansion, I don’t remember if they tried it, but I did learn that both Contractors here and there were very uncomfortable having “Labor” in their meetings with the Customer. We also used PICC on a Module project here in Portland and the customer (ARCO) was very great full we completed it ahead of schedule and shipped it over 100% complete. The Prime Contractor (Parsons) Labor Relations representative Mike DeAntuano was the Contractor rep on that project. When the project was complete, I stayed in touch with him, and he made it all the way to be President of the company. A President Clinton labor advisor thought enough of the program I was invited to a White House sponsored seminar in Chicago to explain what we were attempting to do. The conference was very informative and you could see the commitment to Organized Labor he had as President. I actually got to go to a Cubbies game while I was there, and as you all know the rest is history.

POLITICAL

As I had a very busy day yesterday and so far today the talking heads have been pretty dull. I don’t have much to report today except the DOW took a nice shot up yesterday, almost 500 points; close to 7777 but it was down 50+ at first glance this morning.

SPORTS

The Blazer game last night was very entertaining but I felt the ref’s let Philly get away with too much.

COMMUNITY ORGANIZERS

We checked on the signups for “Wally’s Walkers” on the web site and it appears there are only 2. If you have not signed up yet , please do. You don’t need to pay to walk, just sign up, and show up.

Please help Judi for the MS walk on April 4th:
http://walkorc.nationalmssociety.org/site/TR?pg=teamlist&fr_id=10490

Help for Brandee and babies everywhere, Take a look:
http://marchforbabies.org/personal_page.asp?w=21019798&u=brandeenull&bt=2

Keep those ads going Mary Beth Maxwell……….http://www.americanrightsatwork.org

One of the best Keith Olberman Rants ever, it’s time to sharpen your pitchforks http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbRxKIXnLLc

Women in Trades Fair, May 14,15,16 http://www.tradeswomen.net

For your thoughts on the recovery……….http://my.barackobama.com/recovery

To see where your federal dollars goes ….... http://recovery.gov

OTHER STUFF & OBSERVATIONS

I hope everyone can share the American Rights at work website so my small donation can be utilized to it’s fullest extent.

Please, You can share the American Rights, the MS walk, March of Dimes walk and the recovery websites so my taxes and donations can be utilized to their fullest extent.

Whether you attend a church service, a Mosque, G & L gathering, or Synagogue service, please say a prayer that God; yours, mine or ours; keeps our service men and women in the Palm of their hand.

Mike, could it be 777, and I am posting at a 4+.

Well, I’ll see you next time on my blog………….

No comments: