Saturday, April 4, 2009

MS WALK DAY !

PERSONAL

I awoke this morning at 6am to a 3- after 8 hours of good sleep to a frosty, but clear, morning on the deck. I took my am pills and settled into my chair for a couple massages to help get into shape for the MS Walk today. Yesterday’s service for Bill was Grand, and with the help of a whole Valium I lasted a full 5 hours, counting travel time. It did take enough out of me that I have to root on Wally’s Walkers from the comfort of my Lazy Boy. While that chair is soooo aptly named, I just use it for it’s medicinal qualities. It was wonderful to see and talk to so many mutual friends yesterday. I even got a good tip from my friend Bill Bradbury on an excellent scooter I’ll be checking out. I even had a chance to ask a number of my Democratic friends why they didn’t support the President’s Economic Recovery Package?

Even though I did not have the energy to make it too the walk and “sit” and offer moral support for Judi’s team I did my sitting and rooting in my chair here. I did do a Kilometer Conversion, 1st to feet, then to yards and if I got it right, it is the length of a 9 hole golf course, only if you can hit it straight though, so that would leave me out also. After I post I’ll try to use Judi’s connection and I will donate $5 a hole for each WW signed up. I know not everyone got signed up on her linked Team Roster roster, so that should save me a couple dollars anyway. Well I looked at 11:15am and there was just 5 counting Judi, Mike, Debbie, Bobbie, Peggy, sooooo that’s $225.00. I know there are more team members; but I also know many may wait till the last minute. I’m not sure if, or how to get them the credit they all deserve, but that’s $45.00 each from me. Signed up or not, I want to thank you all. I watched channel 8’s news this morning but their report from the “Studio at the Square” was just too early for many teams to get on, maybe the 5 o’clock version?

POLITICAL

I was going to report on last night’s Bill Moyers Journal and the passage of the Budget as I tried taping them. Good thing too, because I went to bed at 10pm and I was asleep before Bill Moyers had a chance to even introduce his theme or guests.

SPORTS

The Blazers tore through Oklahoma City last night like one of their “Thundering” Tornado’s. Steve Blake was awesome with his Double Double.

COMMUNITY ORGANIZERS

Today’s the day and Judi walks for me. THANK’S HONEY!
http://walkorc.nationalmssociety.org/site/TR?pg=teamlist&fr_id=10490

Help for Brandee and babies everywhere, Take a look:
http://marchforbabies.org/personal_page.asp?w=21019798&u=brandeenull&bt=2

Keep those ads going Mary Beth Maxwell, with the defection of Senator Specter from Pennsylvania, they need more help, and so does Al Franken in Minnesota ……….http://www.americanrightsatwork.org

Women in Trades Fair, May 14,15,16 http://www.tradeswomen.net

To see where your federal dollars are going….... http://recovery.gov

OTHER STUFF & OBSERVATIONS

I hope everyone can share the American Rights at work website so my small donation can be utilized to it’s fullest extent. I did send them another small donation because they are still doing the Lords work.

Please, You can share the American Rights, the MS walk, the March of Dimes walk and the recovery websites; so my taxes and donations can be utilized to their fullest extent.

Whether you attend a church service, a Mosque, G & L gathering, or Synagogue service, please say a prayer that God; yours, mine or ours; keeps our service men and women in the Palm of their hand.

And please a little prayer for my friends Bill & Jeannie. And even a big prayer for my nephew Daniel and all his family.

Mike, I am posting at almost 700, and with the sun out I am posting at 4+.

Well, I’ll see you next time on my blog………….

No comments: