Thursday, April 2, 2009

Our prayers are needed now more than ever.

PERSONAL

I awoke this morning at 6:15am to a 3-, after almost 8 hours of good sleep. My eyes were a little crusty at 5- and my hearing was 11+. I took my am pills and settled into my chair for 4 massages and I did a review of C-span, CNN, CNBC, and the local news, for the blog fodder to follow. I came back to my computer to attempt an early posting as we have Dianna coming by to aid Judi in preparations for Bills services tomorrow. I am going to make every attempt to attend but it may take a couple of booster pills for my spasms and fatigue. It turns out that this is going to be a very busy weekend for us starting tomorrow. Bill’s services tomorrow, the MS walk Saturday and an early annual Easter Gathering at my sisters Sunday as my nephew is being deployed GOOD FRIDAY for Iraq. I have been thinking for a while about making this a weekly report, especially since joining face book, instead of daily, and now may be the time to begin. So if you miss me in the next 3 day’s; As both Macarthur and the Governator said, “I’ll be Back”. If I do go to weekly that means you won’t have me to remind you every day to say your prayers.
The good news is my report yesterday was not an April Fools trick. The bad news is my nephew Daniel received word of his deployment to Iraq. I really believe all your prayers and good wishes have worked for me to date and I must thank all of you for that. I am still here blogging away and sharing my special thoughts and ideas and I am really looking forward to the future. I still feel strongly that M.S., The March of Dimes and American Rights at Work needs all the prayers we can muster. But right now I am going to put all the energy I have to praying for the protection of our troops and the safe return of my nephew, and all those men and women in harms way. Judi was awoken this morning by a phone call I got and she commented on the time it woke her, it appears I have her looking for number sequences now.

POLITICAL

By the way, Barack; I am sure glad to see your doing so well with most of your campaign promises. But, dammit, I want our troops home. I understand the safe withdrawal bull****, but why do we have to keep sending new troops. Maybe John Edwards was a better choice?
I have been watching the Budget debate, and I have a question? The Republicans supposedly want to just cut “entitlements” and Big Government Programs but you better not mess with the Defense Budget. Hasn’t Eisenhower’s warning on the Military Industrial Complex now made the D.O.D. an entitlement? The R’s today seem to like comparing these times to the JFK Presidency, and Reagan Presidency. I loved the JFK Presidency and hated the Reagan presidency. What I remember best of the J.F.K. Presidency was “Camelot”. And what I remember best of Reagan’s presidency was the chimp. But if I take them both objectively, there were many backstories I should not forget. What the R’s selectively like to remember about JFK is his “Ask not” speech and Reagan’s “Government is not the solution, Government is the problem. I am not sure how much “the race to the moon” in 10 years contributed to the economic success of the 60’s, or the breaking of PATCO led to the slide of a working persons value in the workplace in the 80’s (and still the attacks persist). The Back Stories I remember from the 60’s were, the Cuban Missile Crisis, a place I never heard of before “Viet Nam”, and “the Draft”. (My number was 88) Thanks to a botched hernia operation when I was a baby and the fact I had less than 20% hearing in one ear, I missed that Party. The Back-stories I remember from the 80’s concerned Ollie North (before he became a TV star), the coincidence of the hostage release, and the star wars missile shield.

SPORTS

Now that I’m flush again, it’s time for a trip to the beach, Surfing, Volleyball, Let it Ride? HMMMM

COMMUNITY ORGANIZERS

Definitely worth a viewing, and take note of both guests. http://www.pbs.org/moyers/journal/index-flash.html

Please help Judi for the MS walk on April 4th, that is this Saturday. Her team is growing and that is wonderful.
http://walkorc.nationalmssociety.org/site/TR?pg=teamlist&fr_id=10490

Help for Brandee and babies everywhere, Take a look:
http://marchforbabies.org/personal_page.asp?w=21019798&u=brandeenull&bt=2

Keep those ads going Mary Beth Maxwell, with the defection of Senator Specter from Pennsylvania, they need more help, and so does Al Franken in Minnesota ……….http://www.americanrightsatwork.org

Women in Trades Fair, May 14,15,16 http://www.tradeswomen.net

To see where your federal dollars goes ….... http://recovery.gov

OTHER STUFF & OBSERVATIONS

I hope everyone can share the American Rights at work website so my small donation can be utilized to it’s fullest extent. I did send them another small donation because they are still doing the Lords work.

Please, You can share the American Rights, the MS walk, March of Dimes walk and the recovery websites; so my taxes and donations can be utilized to their fullest extent.

Whether you attend a church service, a Mosque, G & L gathering, or Synagogue service, please say a prayer that God; yours, mine or ours; keeps our service men and women in the Palm of their hand.

And please a little prayer for my friends Bill & Jeannie. And even a big prayer for my nephew Daniel and all his family.

Mike, I am posting over 900, and I am posting at a 4. Another 22 words and I would have been at 999. Spooky huh!

Well, I’ll see you next time on my blog………….

No comments: