Friday, April 24, 2009

Those Union Trained American Seamen are awesome!

PERSONAL

I awoke this morning at 7:30 am to a 3+ after a great nights sleep at the beach. I took my am pills and observed the beach activity, it was pretty quiet but a real low tide and sunny morning.
I am still combining Brandee's Birthday and mine on some Keno tickets at certain strategic times (when I have the feeling, and when its close to the hour of her birth) and I've decided (Those tickets winnings will be split between Judi's MS walk and Brandee's March of Dimes Walk) It is the fifth day now and I haven't been able (yet) to grow the MS and the March forbabies.org original accumulation but I still have 1 and ½ days left to make that grow. I am very sure there are a few of “those who would not be seen” helping us. I will check out my numbers after breakfast. They were, after all, more thoughtfull at Spirit Mountain for the charities. We did run up there yesterday but no car, no cash, no charitable giving.

POLITICAL

Next week’s regular BT meeting is cancelled (4/28); we encourage everyone to attend the AFL-CIO’s memorial service and dedication of the Fallen Worker Memorial at the State Capitol Mall in Salem on Tuesday, April 28th from noon to 1:00pm in remembrance of those killed and injured on the job.  Gov. Ted Kulongoski will be the featured speaker.

SPORTS

No report today, unless we can agree on Keno & Let it Ride, is a sport? In that case, I'm in a slight slump, still.

C0MMUNITY ORGANIZERS

Here is a cool update from American Rights at work, his interview is on their website: Bill Fast would be so proud!

As John Cronan, Third Engineer of Maersk Alabama, says:
"We are American seamen. We are union members. We stuck together, we did our jobs. And that's how we did it."

NWOLC's Labor Appreciation is coming up, I hope you all have your tickets!

The Helena AOH is still raising funds for their to-do, The Meagher Memorial at Fort Benton Montana. Donations can be sent to The Meagher Memorial at PO Box 1916; Helena Montana 59624. With the many Irish followers I have, maybe I can give them some aid.

I always thought Grampas, and Momas, were supposed to be doing the bragging? I thought I knew a lot about the Jewish faith, considering I have a number of Jewish friends, but they never told me that baby bragging was also a poppas responsibility. A real good picture of “Gramma” Maurge also. (I'm never sure if I spell that right?) http://wyattgabriel.blogspot.com/

If you have some friends in the Chinook Winds or Spirit Mountain Tribal Councils, let them know. I am also playing for help for Brandee and babies everywhere. And yes, I am shameless with all the dealers. Take a look, and help if you can:
http://marchforbabies.org/personal_page.asp?w=21019798&u=brandeenull&bt=2

Keep those ads going Mary Beth Maxwell, http://www.americanrightsatwork.org

If you know of any women, young or old and interested in what else is out there for different careers I would encourage you to save the dates for the Women in Trades Fair, May 14,15,16 check out http://www.tradeswomen.net

OTHER STUFF AND COMMUNICATIONS

I sure hope this minor slump ends today. And yes I guess I am superstitious but supposedly Friday is my lucky day. We never did hear from Bruce or Sue, but looking at that low tide, I'm figuring they are clam hunting.

I hope everyone can share the American Rights at work website so my small donation can be utilized to it’s fullest extent. I did send them second small donation, because they are still doing the Lords work.

Please, You can share the American Rights, the MS walk, the March of Dimes walk and the recovery websites; so my taxes and donations can be utilized to their fullest extent.

Sorry I've been remis on the following request: Whether you attend a church service, a Mosque, G & L gathering, or Synagogue service, please say a prayer that God; yours, mine or ours; keeps our service men and women in the Palm of their hand. And maybe even a big prayer for my nephews Daniel and Christopher and all their family.

No comments: