Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Thank you Monte !

PERSONAL

I slept in this morning until 8:30am. Judi even had to wake me up, and that was the first time in a long time. Because of the 10+ hours of sleep I awoke to a 3+. She had to awaken me, and I have been MIA on my blog I think, because I’ve just been soo busy the past 3 days. I will try to give you a full report later.
First, on Friday, Bill’s service at St. John The Baptist church in Milwaukie was excellent and the reception that followed with all the love poured into it by Judi, Dianna, and Mary was something to remember. The Cantor and songs chosen, were superb. If I was out of line with any of those Democrats I apologize. (more on this later) It was still great to see everyone and reconnect. Bill Bradbury was really helpful as I questioned him on his “scooter” and he gave me some good advice, which I put to use yesterday.
Judi and I went to “All in one Mobility, Inc” out on Airport Way and we left with a scooter in the trunk. And I plan to return to get the car fitted with hand controls. Judi found this place on the Internet while checking out the “Scooter Store” on line.
And here is an interesting coincidence. It is actually a tenant of “Columbia Pacific Airport Way”; the project that Monte Johnson taught me the difference between a sign and a Monument, many years ago. I called Monte, after my NCA appointment, and thanked him and shared my experience, and I even think we made a connection with my NCA. And Monte, if you actually do check out my blog, let me know?

POLITICAL

I did finish watching last Friday nights Bill Moyers Journal. One of his guests used to be a Bank Regulator and he supported Barack in the last election, but he sure was disappointed in him so far. In my conversation with Monte, I am not sure if he is/was an Obama supporter (I think not), but I am sure he is not liking what is happening on Wall Street or in Salem. I’ve never been sure of which parade Monte was marching in but I think right now I’m scootering in the same parade as he is probably marching in. I still did not get a good answer from any of the cornered Demo’s I saw Friday on why they were so anti-Obama?

SPORTS

The Blazers might have backed into the playoffs but I am still looking for that street celebration I saw on Election Night I also watched some of the Mariners opener. I must say I was a little disappointed, Griffey didn’t get his first homerun of the year until his 2nd or 3rd at bat.

Dad always used to say, the hardest thing to do in sports is hit a fastball. That was way back in the beginning, until now! Now it is pronouncing ball players AND MANAGERS names, I don't think I'll get it right this year.

COMMUNITY ORGANIZERS

Help for Brandee and babies everywhere, Take a look:
http://marchforbabies.org/personal_page.asp?w=21019798&u=brandeenull&bt=2

Keep those ads going Mary Beth Maxwell, with the defection of Senator Specter from Pennsylvania, they need more help, and so does Al Franken in Minnesota ……….http://www.americanrightsatwork.org

Women in Trades Fair, May 14,15,16 http://www.tradeswomen.net

To see where your federal dollars are going….... http://recovery.gov

OTHER STUFF & OBSERVATIONS

I hope everyone can share the American Rights at work website so my small donation can be utilized to it’s fullest extent. I did send them another small donation because they are still doing the Lords work.

Please, You can share the American Rights, the MS walk, the March of Dimes walk and the recovery websites; so my taxes and donations can be utilized to their fullest extent.

Whether you attend a church service, a Mosque, G & L gathering, or Synagogue service, please say a prayer that God; yours, mine or ours; keeps our service men and women in the Palm of their hand.

And maybe even a big prayer for my nephew Daniel and all his family.

Mike, I am posting at almost 700, and with the sun still out and 4 ½ hours in my cast I am still posting at 4+.

Well, I’ll see you next time on my blog………….

No comments: