Sunday, April 26, 2009

ROAD TRIP COMPLETE

PERSONAL
I awoke this morning at 7:30 am to a 3- after a good nights sleep in my own bed. I took my am pills, went and fed the backyard birds with some soft grapes I left out while we were gone. It is a beautiful morning, I put out my flag, I then took 2 sessions in my chair, with my cast on.

My combining Brandee's Birthday and mine on some Keno tickets at certain strategic times last week (when I had the feeling, and when its close to the hour of her birth) and I've decided (Those tickets winnings will be split between Judi's MS walk and Brandee's March of Dimes Walk) It is over now I haven't been able (yet) to grow the MS and the March forbabies.org original accumulation. I did get help from a few of “those who would not be seen”. I did do a five spot for Mike, for ten games; thats 800 numbers called and it only takes three hits in a game to win something, but alas, “Those that would not be seen” were apparently keeping an eye on Me (many, many thanks), Brandee (March of Dimes thanks you) and Judi (MS thanks you, Judi, not so much.)

POLITICAL

I forgot to set the tape last night for the talking heads this morning so I will be limited on my comments. (No laughing please!)

Next week’s regular BT meeting is cancelled (4/28); we encourage everyone to attend the AFL-CIO’s memorial service and dedication of the Fallen Worker Memorial at the State Capitol Mall in Salem on Tuesday, April 28th from noon to 1:00pm in remembrance of those killed and injured on the job.  Gov. Ted Kulongoski will be the featured speaker. I am going to try to make it, but I do have a NCA appointment at 10am and I'm sure I'll be chastised for not taking my cast to the beach.

SPORTS

I “DEMAND” Keno & Let it Ride, be considered a sport, after all, are not chess and checkers? In that case, I'm doing fine, it's brother Mike thats in a slump.

Mariners are off to a wonderful start, with that Manager; who's name I still can't spell or pronounce.

C0MMUNITY ORGANIZERS

I had to repeat this for those that did not know..........The Maersk Alabama was the American Flag Ship attacked by Somali pirates that was in the news for days a while back. I really think our donations helped get this out so quickly, Thank You.

Here is a cool update from American Rights at work, his interview is on the website:

As John Cronan, Third Engineer of Maersk Alabama, says:
"We are American seamen. We are union members. We stuck together, we did our jobs. And that's how we did it."

NWOLC's Labor Appreciation is coming up, I hope you all have your tickets!

The Helena AOH is still raising funds for their to-do, The Meagher Memorial at Fort Benton Montana. Donations can be sent to The Meagher Memorial at PO Box 1916; Helena Montana 59624. With the many Irish followers I have, maybe I can give them some aid.

I always thought Grampas, and Momas, were supposed to be doing the bragging? I thought I knew a lot about the Jewish faith, considering I have a number of Jewish friends, but they never told me that baby bragging was also a poppas responsibility. A yes Momma I too can read that much spanish. http://wyattgabriel.blogspot.com/

For those that contacted the “Spirits” on the mountain, thank you. I am also playing for help for Brandee and babies everywhere. And yes, I am shameless with all the dealers. Take a look, and help if you can:
http://marchforbabies.org/personal_page.asp?w=21019798&u=brandeenull&bt=2

Keep those ads going Mary Beth Maxwell, http://www.americanrightsatwork.org

If you know of any women, young or old and interested in what else is out there for different careers I would encourage you to save the dates for the Women in Trades Fair, May 14,15,16 check out http://www.tradeswomen.net

OTHER STUFF AND COMMUNICATIONS

We never did hear from Bruce or Sue, but looking at that low tide, I'm figuring they were clam hunting.

I hope everyone can share the American Rights at work website so my small donation can be utilized to it’s fullest extent. I did send them second small donation, because they are still doing the Lords work.

Please, You can share the American Rights, the MS walk, the March of Dimes walk and the recovery websites; so my taxes and donations can be utilized to their fullest extent.

Sorry I've been remis on the following request: Whether you attend a church service, a Mosque, G & L gathering, or Synagogue service, please say a prayer that God; yours, mine or ours; keeps our service men and women in the Palm of their hand. And maybe even a big prayer for my nephews Daniel and Christopher and all their family.

Don't forget, say your prayers, and I'll see you next time on my blog.

No comments: