Thursday, April 23, 2009

STILL TRYING

PERSONAL

I awoke this morning at 8:30 am to a 3+ after a great nights sleep at the beach. I am combining Brandee's Birthday and mine on some Keno tickets at certain strategic times (when I have the feeling, and when its close to the hour of her birth) and I've decided (Those tickets winnings will be split between Judi's MS walk and Brandee's March of Dimes Walk) It is the fourth day and I haven't been able (yet) to grow the MS and the March forbabies.org that $250.00 each, but I still have 2 and ½ days left to make that grow. I am very sure there are a few of “those who would not be seen” helping us. We will check out our numbers at breakfast, If they are still being mean to our charities we may head up the hill to try to win that one cool car for Judi at spirit mountain, they were, after all, more thoughtfull for the charities.

POLITICAL

Next week’s regular BT meeting is cancelled (4/28); we encourage everyone to attend the AFL-CIO’s memorial service and dedication of the Fallen Worker Memorial at the State Capitol Mall in Salem on Tuesday, April 28th from noon to 1:00pm in remembrance of those killed and injured on the job.  Gov. Ted Kulongoski will be the featured speaker.

SPORTS

No report today, unless we can agree that Keno & Let it Ride, are sports? In that case, I'm in a slight slump.

C0MMUNITY ORGANIZERS

NWOLC's Labor Appreciation Dinner is coming up, I hope you all have your tickets!

The Helena AOH is still raising funds for their to-do, The Meagher Memorial at Fort Benton Montana. Donations can be sent to The Meagher Memorial at PO Box 1916; Helena Montana 59624. With the many Irish followers I have, maybe I can give them some aid.

I'm still not sure when, but, I hope to get a link to the many pictures that were taken at the MS walk.

I always thought Grampas, and Momas, were supposed to be doing the bragging? I thought I knew a lot about the Jewish faith, considering I have a number of Jewish friends, but they never told me that baby bragging was also a poppas responsibility.http//wyattgabriel.blogspot.com/

Help for Brandee and babies everywhere, Take a look, and help if you can:
http://marchforbabies.org/personal_page.asp?w=21019798&u=brandeenull&bt=2

Keep those ads going Mary Beth Maxwell, http://www.americanrightsatwork.org

If you know of any women, young or old and interested in what else is out there for different careers I would encourage you to save the dates for the Women in Trades Fair, May 14,15,16 check out http://www.tradeswomen.net

OTHER STUFF AND COMMUNICATIONS

I sure hope this minor slump ends today. And yes I guess I am superstitious, but because those 555 words did not work maybe 488 did. I didn't even hear from Bruce or Sue.

No comments: