Thursday, April 2, 2009

SUPPLEMENTAL

April 2, 2009

SUPPLEMENTAL

PERSONAL

I am doing this supplemental for the 2 reasons here. The first is personal because I learned today that I lost a very good friend. While I didn’t get to list him in my original list of HERO’S he definitely deserves to be towards the top of the list. Every working person I know owes a little or like me a lot to brother Earl Kirkland. He was my predecessor at the Columbia Pacific Building Trades and one of my most important Mentors. I was informed a short time ago that he passed away in Arizona and I hope we all can add him snd his family to our prayers. I will check around and see what may be planned and report later in the normal course. Being this is a "supplemental", and I forgot to mention on my original posting, this is actually my 200th issue.

Around the corner I have a friend, In this great city that has no end; Yet days go by, and weeks rush on, And before I know it a year is gone, And I never see my old friend's face, For life is a swift and terrible race. He knows I like him just as well As in the days when I rang his bell And he rang mine. We were younger then, and now we are busy, tired men: Tired with playing a foolish game, Tired with trying to make a name. "Tomorrow," I say, "I will call on Jim, Just to show I am thinking of him."
But tomorrow comes - and tomorrow goes, and the distance between us grows and grows. Around the corner! - yet miles away . "Here's the telegram, Sir. . .
'Jim died today'."
And that's what we get, and deserve in the end: Around the corner, a vanished friend
by Charles Hanson Towne


POLITICAL

After watching the Budget “DEBATE” the last few days, I have a couple more candidates that will be on that HERO list soon; my Congressman, Earl Blumenhauer, and our latest addition to the House of Representatives, Curt Schrader.

Well, I’ll see you next time on my blog………….

No comments: