Friday, May 29, 2009

999 and Friday.................

PERSONAL
I slept in this morning until 7:45am; I awoke to a 3+ and a beautiful morning. I didn't set my alarm, but I did forget to shut off my cell last night when headed for bed so Marty's call this morning was similar to an alarm clock. I took my am pills, put my flag out and settled into my Lazy Boy for 2 quick massages, and a return call to Marty. He is finished on that Vancouver project and they left everyone happy. He did send me a few pictures and I think it deserves it's own LINK, Marty's Bragging? They do look sharp.

Yesterday I did participate in that conference call with President Obama, (He was on Air Force One) on Health Care. I am not sure if they are just looking for support (which I do); or if they are looking for comments, it was definitely a pitch for support, but they did take 3-4 comments. Mine was not one of them.

There seems to be a little battle going on here in Oregon between a couple of Unions (mine is not one) and Senator Wyden over whether he wants to tax employee benefits. Senator Wyden ran an ad ( I did not see it but my wife told me about it) and he said the Unions sponsoring the ad had it all wrong.

There was no mention of taxing fringe benefits on the “conference” (robo?) call.

I turned my TV onto the regular fodder channels, C-span, CNN, CNBC and the local news. Not much so far. They were interviewing the GP of the Auto Workers and reporting on the vote for the recommended contract changes. The contract changes were accepted with a 74% favorable vote.

Today the format changes continue. I think my permanent “Hero's” box is up, but the “pay pal” box for direct connections to MY charities of choice is not complete yet. If it works the way I want a donation there goes to me for distribution to one of the many I list in my “Community Organizers” section. I will try to keep a running tally. I will also try to keep posting the direct link.

And yes, Erin, I will try to get a personal Picture (Judi sent me a good one, hard at work at my work station) both here and on my face book page, we have good friend who is a professional Photographer coming by Sunday.

I will still report we have 1 more graduate to celebrate here. Nephew (and Godson) Michael from Evergreen High School. His plan, I believe, is to go to Pasadena Community College in California starting in October. I've checked to see how good their Baseball program is. I hope it is “Pasadena City College. If it is the same one I found on line their list of Alumni is very impressive. I am not sure if others will feel the same way, but of the many honored graduates they list is “Jackie Robinson”, along with a number of current MLB, NFL, and NBA players.

POLITICAL

CNBC was reporting the DOW is up single digits and OIL and GAS are still going up this morning. I think it's time to dig up all my backyard gold as it's just below $980. I still don't know what did happen in Astoria last Thursday, but that project was not reported on by CNBC today? Come on Salem, Get behind the President.

Health Care Now ! Is it True? Senator Wyden supports taxing fringe benefits???

CNBC is still really pushing the need and benefits of Natural Gas this morning.

President Obama, I am still giving you a B+, with that Supreme Court nominee (Yes we Can), but if your Health care plan includes taxing benefits you will for sure fall to a C-.

I'm didn't get my yellow ribbons up yesterday. Bring our people home!

At the 11th Hour, on the 11th Day, of the 11th Month a cease fire was signed to end the war, to end all wars, in 1918. How's that worked out so far?

SPORTS

The Cubs finally started to get some hits. Thank goodness the Dodgers are coming to town this week. :-o (for Marty) “it was still a squeaker” HIDE THE GOATS.

Watching Lou vs Joe is as good as watching the play on the field. Cubs win tonight gets me to 999 on a Friday.

The Mariners are are hurting but that kid from Butte is still shining and deserves more playing time with Kenji on on the 15 day list,

I Hope I get to a Beaver game before San Diego pulls all the talent up.

COMMUNITY ORGANIZERS

I plan to get a permanent link for Denise after their walk/run at:

http://www.facebook.com/ext/share.php?sid=206439510610&h=VyGOF&u=ohEQM&ref=mf

American Rights at Work adds are getting better all the time.

Are there better Community Organizations than the National Guard or the USO?

OTHER STUFF AND COMMUNICATIONS

I did try to send an email to nephew Daniel. I used the address I had from his deployment in 2008 but I'm not sure if it's the same. I did talk to his Mom last night and she said that old address should be good.

Please, I hope everyone can share the American Rights at Work, the MS walk, the March of Dimes walk, The Epilepsy Run/Walk and the Recovery websites; so my taxes and donations can be utilized to their fullest extent.

Whether you attend a church service, a Mosque, G & L gathering, or Synagogue service, please say a
prayer that God; yours, mine or ours; keeps our service men and women in the Palm of their hand.

And even a special prayer for my nephews Daniel, Christopher, Ryan and all the families separated right now.

I need 16 word to get to my lucky numbers:

Mike; I'm at 999 and I'm 4+.

Now don't forget, say your prayers. I'll see you next time on my blog.

No comments: