Thursday, May 28, 2009

Conference Call with the President.

PERSONAL

I awoke this morning at 6:45am to a 3+ and a beautiful morning. I took my am pills, put my flag out and settled into my Lazy Boy for 2 quick massages.

Today, I am supposed to participate in a conference call with President Obama, on Health Care. I am not sure if they are just looking for support (which I do); or if they are looking for comments. There seems to be a little battle going on here in Oregon between a couple of Unions (mine is not one) and Senator Wyden over whether he wants to tax employee benefits. Senator Wyden ran an ad ( I did not see it but my wife told me about it) and he said the Unions sponsoring the ad had it wrong. I am not sure what will be going on with this conference call, but if they are looking for support for a fringe benefit tax, they are not going to get it from me.
We met up with good friends Bruce and Sue yesterday and that was very nice. Bruce was up from the coast to get a new vehicle. Sounded like he got one. He was one of the first to get one of my retiree business cards, I wonder if he noticed the bug?

I turned my TV onto the regular fodder channels, C-span, CNN, CNBC and the local news. Not much so far.

Today the format changes continue. I think my permanent “Hero's” box is up, but the “pay pal” box for direct connections to MY charities of choice is not complete yet. If it works the way I want a donation there goes to me for distribution to one of the many I list in my “Community Organizers” section. I will try to keep a running tally. I will also try to keep posting the direct link.
And yes, Erin, I will try to get a personal Picture (Judi sent me a good one, hard at work at my work station) both here and on my face book page, we have good friend who is a professional Photographer coming by Sunday.

I will still report we have 1 more graduate to celebrate here. Nephew (and Godson) Michael from Evergreen High School. His plan, I believe, is to go to Pasadena Community College in California starting in October. I checked and see how good their Baseball program is. I hope it is “Pasadena City College. If it is the same one I found on line their list of Alumni is very impressive. I am not sure if others will feel the same way, but of the many honored graduates they list is “Jackie Robinson”, along with a number of current MLB, NFL, and NBA players.

POLITICAL

CNBC was reporting the DOW is up a touch and OIL and GAS are still going up this morning. I still don't know what did happen in Astoria last Thursday, but that project was not reported on by CNBC today? Come on Salem, Get behind the President.

Health Care Now ! Is it True? Senator Wyden supports taxing fringe benefits???

CNBC is still really pushing the need and benefits of Natural Gas this morning.

President Obama, I am still giving you a B+, with that Supreme Court nominee (Yes we Can), but if your Health care plan includes taxing benefits you will for sure fall to a C-.

I'm going to also try to get some yellow ribbons up today. Bring our people home!

At the 11th Hour, on the 11th Day, of the 11th Month a cease fire was signed to end the war to end all wars in 1918. How's that worked out so far?

SPORTS

The Cubs finally started to get some hits. Thank goodness the Dodgers are coming to town this week. :-o (for Marty)

The Mariners are are hurting but that kid from Butte had an excellent game yesterday and deserves more playing time with Kenji on on the 15 day list, I Hope I get to a Beaver game before San Diego pulls all the talent up.

COMMUNITY ORGANIZERS

I did get emails from both Bobbie and Denise on the epilepsy walk/run. After I post I'll check them out so the Epilepsy walk/run information should make Post tomorrow.

This is what I have so far:

http://www.facebook.com/ext/share.php?sid=206439510610&h=VyGOF&u=ohEQM&ref=mf

Help if you can.

American Rights at Work.

Are there better Community Organizations than the National Guard or the USO?

OTHER STUFF AND COMMUNICATIONS

I did try to send an email to nephew Daniel. I used the address I had from his deployment in 2008 but I'm not sure if it's the same. I'm still waiting for an address from Trina or Dannette.

Please, I hope everyone can share the American Rights at Work, the MS walk, the March of Dimes walk, The Epilepsy Run/Walk and the Recovery websites; so my taxes and donations can be utilized to their fullest extent.

Whether you attend a church service, a Mosque, G & L gathering, or Synagogue service, please say a
prayer that God; yours, mine or ours; keeps our service men and women in the Palm of their hand.

And maybe even a special prayer for my nephews Daniel, Christopher, Ryan and all the families separated right now.

Mike; I'm just over 600 and I'm feeling 4+.

Now don't forget, say your prayers, and I'll see you next time on my blog.

No comments: