Monday, May 25, 2009

THANK YOU ALL

PERSONAL

I awoke this morning at 6:55am to a 3+ and a beautiful morning. I took my am pills, put my flag out and settled into my Lazy Boy for 2 quick massages.

My posts today will be very short as it is Memorial Day.

Today is Booyah day. Thank you to all who have made today possible. And I will be doing a new My Hero's post. Just as a reminder here is the first installment from March 30:

MY HERO’S

#1 Lefty Mehrens, He is in the Butte Montana Baseball Hall of fame and listed in a couple of books.

#2 Barack Obama, He returned my faith in government.

#3 Mike Mehrens, He understands; all you can do, and he actually reads my blog regularly.

#4 Ron Wyden, He still looks out for old people, and now I am one. And He read my blog once.

#5 Hillary Rodam Clinton, She has “mucho” brains, the capacity for forgiveness, and I did not want to appear a sexist.

Now on Memorial Day: I'll add to my Hero's list:

My great Aunt Loretta and Uncle Babe from a WWII Gold Star Family.

My Uncle Larry, who, my first memory of him was in his sharp Navy Blues back on Jackson Street.

My Cousin-in-Law Dennis who was stationed in Germany back when the Russians were rattling their swords.

Those 3 very special Matt's resting up the hill.

My ex-Brother in Law, Mike Jones, a dog handler in Viet Nam.

My friend Bill whose ashes reside up the hill also.

Judi's relatives at Arlington. And her Mom and Dad up on the hill.

And everyone up there, including Mom and Dad and my Sister; and all you actives out there now, looking out for me.

My friend, Jusef Ali Word, who is definately destined for great things.

I will still report we have 1 more graduate to celebrate here. Nephew (and Godson) Michael from Evergreen High School.
His plan, I believe, is to go to Pasadena Community College in California starting in October. I'll have too check and see how good their Baseball program is.

I know many of my thoughts that I post are repetitive, and wow, I never really knew how much until I went looking for my Hero's post, but its mostly because they are important issues and thoughts, and as you all know, I am sort of lazy. Real proof of that, is here today.

Welcome home Denise. I hear her trip was wonderful, check out her face book page.

POLITICAL

My only post report today is for President Obama.

Bring our people home!

SPORTS

Lou is in very unfamiliar territory. The Mariners lead stood up and Felix had a good day, their closer was as good as J.J. Putz.

COMMUNITY ORGANIZERS

Is there a better Community Organization than the National Guard?

OTHER STUFF AND COMMUNICATIONS

At the 11th Hour, on the 11th Day, of the 11th Month a cease fire was signed to end the war to end all wars back in 1918. How's that worked out so far?

I did try to send an email to nephew Daniel. I used the address I had from his deployment in 2008 but I'm not sure if it's the same. I'm still waiting for an address from Trina or Dannette.

I hope everyone can share the American Rights at work website so my small donations can be utilized to there fullest extent. They are still doing the Lords work.

Please, You can share the American Rights, the MS walk, the March of Dimes walk, The Epilepsy Run/Walk and the recovery websites; so my taxes and donations can be utilized to their fullest extent. But you might have to search back issues for those links.

Whether you attend a church service, a Mosque, G & L gathering, or Synagogue service, please say a prayer that God; yours, mine or ours; keeps our service men and women in the Palm of their hand.

And maybe even a special prayer for my nephews Daniel, Christopher, Ryan and all the families separated right now.

For all those being visited today, up the hill, and elsewhere, THANK YOU.

Mike; I'm at 711+- and I'm feeling 4+.

Now don't forget, say your prayers, and I'll see you next time on my blog.

No comments: