Friday, May 1, 2009

May Day is not just for Pole Dancing!

PERSONAL

I awoke this morning at 6am to a 3 after a good 8 hours of sleep. It is a beautiful morning, I put out my flag, Then settled into my chair, I checked my e-mail, a small report is in my POLITICAL section. I am reviewing C-span, CNBC, CNN and the local news for blog fodder. I did get an email from my ole friend and secretary Mary Jo and it was sure nice to catch up. I couldn't make Rick and Brents function last night, but I am sure it went well.

POLITICAL

I'm still asking why the Oregon Democrats, don't support President Obama and his efforts to get us off of foreign oil, encourage clean coal technology, and put Oregonians back to work on good union jobs with health care and other benefits?

Baracks 100 day report: http://my.barackobama.com/100days

I am still only giving him a strong B because on Saturday I hope to make the Muster at the Memorial Coliseum for those brave and devoted Oregon National Guard men and women being deployed to Iraq, or where ever. Personally I'd rather they were here to be of service for Oregon. With the Swine Flu stuff going on I am checking with my Dr. to see if that is such a good idea.

Is there anyone from Senator Murray's, Senator Cantwell's or Congressman Baird's office paying attention? I'm still waiting............also; I hope to get a letter out to Senator Wyden today on the same subject.

If any one is watching from Washington; the state or DC; I have a question. My sister has a mortgage currently with Wells Fargo with an interest rate currently over 7%. She did hear from them WF that the president (OBAMA) has a new plan to help her She was told they could refinance down to a 5% mortgage and they would send her the paperwork. The paper work offered an ARM that could go as high as 8%. I told her to package the paperwork and go visit the local office of her Congressman, Brian Baird or the Vancouver offices of either or both Senators. She thinks & I agree, WF is using the housing crisis, and the (OBAMA) housing program as a scam. I sure hope SOMEONE can tell me that President Obama is not part of this scam?

It does appear Congress is going try to find out who is at the bottom of the “financial” fiasco. I appreciate them investigating, and as much as it sounds like they may find a Bernie Madoff some where in there, It does seem like a Banks have run a Ponzi scheme, and the similarities in the Savings and Loan Sacandal of the past are uncanny, I'm sure the Bush name won't be the only thing tieing those two scandals together; Ya Think?

A note from My Congressman, Earl Blumenhauer and a “Well Done” Shout out!

Dear Friends,
Oregon has not been immune to the economic issues facing our nation, but I know that our spirit and our innovative nature will help us through to brighter days.  Today, I am pleased to share very promising news with you about one of our state’s distinctive trademarks: the Portland Streetcar.
Transportation Secretary Ray LaHood has just announced that the Federal Transit Administration (FTA) has approved the Portland Streetcar Loop Project for funding .

SPORTS

Blazers didn't win in Houston last night, I really think those young guys have been playing really good 5 on 8 basketball, and as you all know; I am a Cubbies fan so I am used to saying......”just wait till net year”!

As a Mariners fan I'll just say......”It IS next year”!

C0MMUNITY ORGANIZERS

NWOLC's Labor Appreciation is coming up, I hope you all have your tickets! We got ours, now all I have to do is schedule a nap.

The Helena AOH is still raising funds for their to-do, The Meagher Memorial at Fort Benton Montana. Donations can be sent to The Meagher Memorial at PO Box 1916; Helena Montana 59624. With the many Irish followers I have, maybe I can give them some aid.

I still havent got a gift fot the birth of that wonderful baby that is all over the blogs. But I am going to send another small donation to American Rights at Work in his name. After all it is May Day and I think that is a good day throughout his family; and I'm not talking about pole dancing!

http://wyattgabriel.blogspot.com/

For those that contacted the “Spirits” on the mountain and at the coast, thank you. Help if you can, and may the “spirits” be with you:

I did settle up with the spirits yesterday and found Wally's Walkers team at the MS website was still working good so even though the walk is finished I am going to try to put up a permanent link for Judi's team. If you tried to link yesterday to get the pictures, I'm sorry, but it appears I have more to learn to get those links done.

But: http://walkorc.nationalmssociety.org/site/TR?pg=teamlist&fr_id=10490

Brandee is still looking for help also.
http://marchforbabies.org/personal_page.asp?w=21019798&u=brandeenull&bt=2

Keep those ads going Mary Beth Maxwell, and man they are getting better!

If you know of any women, young or old and interested in what else is out there for different careers I would encourage you to save the dates for the Women in Trades Fair, May 14,15,16 check out http://www.tradeswomen.net

OTHER STUFF AND COMMUNICATIONS

I hope everyone can share the American Rights at work website so my small donation can be utilized to it’s fullest extent. I did send them second small donation, because they are still doing the Lords work.

Please, You can share the American Rights, the MS walk, the March of Dimes walk and the recovery websites; so my taxes and donations can be utilized to their fullest extent.

Whether you attend a church service, a Mosque, G & L gathering, or Synagogue service, please say a prayer that God; yours, mine or ours; keeps our service men and women in the Palm of their hand. And maybe even a big prayer for my nephews Daniel and Christopher and all their family. And all those Oregon Guard soldiers mustering on Saturday at the Coliseum, for their Iraq Tour.

Mike; I'm over 1100 again and I'm feeling 4.

Now don't forget, say your prayers, and I'll see you next time on my blog.

No comments: