Saturday, May 23, 2009

What happened in Astoria ?

PERSONAL

I awoke this morning at 5:45am to a 4- and a beautiful morning. I took my am pills, put my flag out and settled into my Lazy Boy for 2 quick massages. I have tuned into my regular fodder TV stations and will be reporting in the appropriate sections, but it is Saturday, so I will probably be pretty short and repetitive.

I did get my “Business Cards” yesterday and I think I have enough for about a decade, but I'm looking forward to giving them out.

I did join Bill Bradbury's, our Secretary of State, and first announced Candidate for Governor, organization he has started to set some Priorities for Oregon along the lines of President Obama's Priorities. I am still trying to organize my face book “friends”. I have sent out new notices and I imagine those that have been getting them are as confused as I.

I did make the PICC group meeting yesterday and we did make a couple of decisions. The “introduction” to PICC is for the unfamiliar has been postponed to give us more time to organize.

I still have 1 more graduate to celebrate. Nephew (and Godson) Michael from Evergreen High School.
His plan, I believe, is to go to Pasadena Community College in California starting in October. I'll have too check and see how good their Baseball program is.

I know many of my thoughts that I post are repetitive, but it is mostly because they are important issues and thoughts, and as you all know, I am sort of lazy.

I did see John M. yesterday and we will be seeing if PICC has a future. If you are are reader familiar with PICC and have an opinion, please let me know?

Tuesday is the day I get "checked out" for being able to drive with hand controls, wish me luck.

POLITICAL

Everyone is getting ready for the post Memorial Day driving season, especially the oil companies.

I hope my niece found some people to go camping with.

I am sure the crowds will be big up the hill at Willamette National.

I still have not heard the results of the meeting in Astoria, but lets hope the right message got out. I did get emails from both State Senator Martha Schrader and Secretary of State Bill Bradbury. Mr. Bradbury is convening a group on face book and Senator Schrader both appear to be supporting the Obama Clean Energy proposals. I emailed them both to check on where they were with the Bradwood Landing Project, but I haven't heard back yet?

I'll now attempt to post my letter to both:

Thank you Bill : for the email, and the phone call last week.  I agree Oregon should be leading the way in attempting to implement President Obama's priorities.  I have sent the following email to Senator Schrader.  I hope she joins this battle also.

Dear Senator Schrader;

Oregon, like the rest of the country is in trying times.  I consider myself a good Democrat and strong President Obama supporter. I am very disappointed in the attitude of the many Oregon Democrats that do NOT support our President.  He is struggling with the economy and trying to put people back to Work and trying valiantly to get the Country off of Foriegn Oil.  While I was at the Oregon National Guard Muster at the Memorial Colliseum saying good bye and Gods Speed to all our Guard members, including my nephew, stepping up to aid our country by being deployed to Iraq. (it's not really about oil)  Meanwhile all of us here in Oregon continue to use all that $160.00 a barrel Oil and some, especially some Oregon Democrats are fighting the Natural gas facility in Astoria that will not only provide a cleaner fuel, but put 1,000 Union Workers to work with good wages and benefits.  My questions are, are the Salem Democrats anti- Obama, Anti-union, anti-cleaner energy or just Anti? 

William W. "Wally" Mehrens
11817 se 119th Ave. Clackamas, Oregon

Thanks again, for including me in your fight.

Wally

SPORTS

I think the Mariners and Cubs won yesterday.

COMMUNITY ORGANIZERS

NWOLC's Labor Appreciation is coming up, I hope you all have your tickets! We got ours, now all I have to do is schedule a nap.

The Helena AOH is still raising funds for their to-do, The Meagher Memorial at Fort Benton Montana. Donations can be sent to The Meagher Memorial at PO Box 1916; Helena Montana 59624. With the many Irish followers I have, maybe I can give them some aid. I'll be sending them a check today, thanks to the spirits on the Mountain.

http://hibernian.org/statewide/index.html

The ongoing saga of:

http://wyattgabriel.blogspot.com/

More pictures? Not yet. Doug, your falling behind.

Get Involved

World MS Day is May 27. Join the Global Movement!
More than two million people worldwide live with MS. This year, for the first time, 80 MS organizations around the globe are taking part in World MS Day on May 27, 2009 to build awareness about the disease to move us closer to a world free of multiple sclerosis.
See how you can get involved >>

http://walkorc.nationalmssociety.org/site/TR?pg=teamlist&fr_id=10490

Brandee's race was apparently successful, but wet, and I'm sure she is still looking for help.

http://marchforbabies.org/personal_page.asp?w=21019798&u=brandeenull&bt=2

Keep those ads going Mary Beth Maxwell, http://www.americanrightsatwork.org

I will be adding a link for Denise and the Epilepsy walk/run as soon as I get the information. Bobbie; I'm waiting.

OTHER STUFF AND COMMUNICATIONS

I did try to send an email to nephew Daniel. I used the address I had from his deployment in 2008 but I'm not sure if it's the same.

I hope everyone can share the American Rights at work website so my small donations can be utilized to there fullest extent. They are still doing the Lords work.

Please, You can share the American Rights, the MS walk, the March of Dimes walk, The Epilepsy Run/Walk and the recovery websites; so my taxes and donations can be utilized to their fullest extent.

Whether you attend a church service, a Mosque, G & L gathering, or Synagogue service, please say a prayer that God; yours, mine or ours; keeps our service men and women in the Palm of their hand.

And maybe even a special prayer for my nephews Daniel, Christopher and Ryan and all their families.

Mike; I'm almost 1200 and I'm feeling 4+; even in my body cast.

Now don't forget, say your prayers, and I'll see you next time on my blog.

1 comment:

Bobbie said...

2009 SEATTLE-Northwest Run/Walk for Epilepsy - Team Statistics
Here is the link Wally!