Monday, May 4, 2009

NEW PORCH DAY

PERSONAL

I awoke this morning at 5:30am to a 3 after a good 10 hours of sleep. It is a beautiful but cool morning, I took my am pills, then I put out my flag. Judi's friend Mark is coming over today to continue to rebuild my front porch. He completed the tear out yesterday and he tore out the overgrown Jasmine at the front porch. I am going to miss that wonderful aroma I'm sure, but at least it won't be winding through the siding on the house. We should take delivery of the lumber this morning, hand hopefully in a couple days we won't be having to use the back door or garage to get in the house.
The Muster Saturday was a superb event at the Memorial Coliseum and Judi picked up an Sunday Oregonian, and it had an extensive, but not completely accurate, review of the troops being sent to Iraq. My review of the names and pitchures, of all the troops I did see too many names I recognized, but some how my nephew was missed. I am sure it had nothing to do with my personal feelings toward the Oregonian; my nephew dosen't even have my last name! A more extensive report is in my POLITICAL section. I did not get to reading the manual on my new phone, so I don't know if I deleted the camera program, but the bad picture is still there. My Brother and sister in law did bring by some of the MS walk pitchures they printed out. They look good and now I have to choose which to try to put on my blog. More reading today I guess.

***WORTH REPEATING***Senator Arlen Specter, who says he is a Democrat now because the conservative republicans planned on running a conservative in the Republican Primary, in fact they are checking how their people are wearing their basball caps as we speak; his pollster said he could not win the Primary. He is still against the Employee Free Choice Act, but considers Labor Law Reform an real need. The question was raised “should a Supreme Court nominee be a Lawyer”? He said no, something I agree with him on, and then spoke of an old friend of his from the Senate, he was a legislator, a Secretary of State, a Governor and then a United States Senator, but not an attorney; and he would have made a fine Supreme Court Justice. After he named that Senator, Mark Hatfield, I asked Judi; Did she think he was trying to get back on my good side? Not gonna happen, unless he gets back on board with the Employee Free Choice act. Besides, I still don't think, Pennsylvania democrats will vote for a Republican that votes with the “Majority” most of the time. I still want to see the “majority” get to 60 but not at the expense of the Free Choice Act. HMMM, I wonder if Specter was putting his name out there for consideration to the Supreme Court? I wonder if it's time for that Lloyd Bensten vs Dan Quale repeat?

POLITICAL

Hey, Oregon Guard, the Salem Legislatures got your Back.

I asked my nephew, who was being deployed, to keep me posted, and I told him I will do the same for him and his Buddies. I also noticed the large number of children there with their family members. This being my first “Muster” ceremony, I couldn't tell you if it was a normal number of children observers. While it was my first ceremony, it was my Sister and Nephew's second. That's 2, too many; as far as I'm concerned.

I'm still asking why the Oregon Democrats, don't support President Obama and his efforts to get us off of foreign oil, encourage clean coal technology, and put Oregonians back to work on good union jobs with health care and other benefits?

Baracks 100 day report: http://my.barackobama.com/100days

I am now only giving him a low B because today the Muster at the Memorial Coliseum for those brave and devoted Oregon National Guard men and women being deployed to Iraq, or where ever, had too many young children. Personally I'd rather they were here to be of service for Oregon.

STILL ASKING Is there anyone from Senator Murray's, Senator Cantwell's or Congressman Baird's office paying attention? I'm still waiting............also; I am still working on that letter out to Senator Wyden on the same subject.

If any one is watching from Washington; the state or DC; I have a question. My sister has a mortgage currently with Wells Fargo with an interest rate currently over 7%. She did hear from them WF that the president (OBAMA) has a new plan to help her She was told they could refinance down to a 5% mortgage and they would send her the paperwork. The paper work offered an ARM that could go as high as 8%. I told her to package the paperwork and go visit the local office of her Congressman, Brian Baird or the Vancouver offices of either or both Senators. She thinks & I agree, WF is using the housing crisis, and the (OBAMA) housing program as a scam. I sure hope SOMEONE can tell me that President Obama is not part of this scam?


It does appear Congress is going try to find out who is at the bottom of the “financial” fiasco. I appreciate them investigating, and as much as it sounds like they may find a Bernie Madoff some where in there, It does seem to look like the Banks have run a Ponzi scheme, and the similarities in the Savings and Loan Scandal of the past is uncanny, I'm sure the Bush name won't be the only thing tyeing those two scandals together; Ya Think?

SPORTS

How about them Mariners? Fifteen innings, a half a dozen hero's and a big win.

Although Zambrano came up lame beating out a bunt in the fifth inning, he he did get the win for the Cubbies. He is starting 5-0 and already the leading candidate for the NL Cy Young.......hell I'd say MVP also.

Jamie Moyer and his Childrens Charity Foudation are having a function in Seattle on May 20th, honoring Cal Ripken Jr. Unfortunately for me I will be "being evaluatd" by Kaiser that day. I did want to tell him I had a Cal Ripken signed jersey, signed by the guy who signed his paycheck (Peter Angelos), that I used a few times as a fundraising donation for one of my nephews schools (not Christopher the Catcher but Mike the Pitchure. I did end up giving it to him for a birthday or christmas present. I think he still has it somewhere.

C0MMUNITY ORGANIZERS

NWOLC's Labor Appreciation is coming up, I hope you all have your tickets! We got ours, now all I have to do is schedule a nap.

The Helena AOH is still raising funds for their to-do, The Meagher Memorial at Fort Benton Montana. Donations can be sent to The Meagher Memorial at PO Box 1916; Helena Montana 59624. With the many Irish followers I have, maybe I can give them some aid.

I still have not got a gift for the birth of that wonderful baby that is all over the blogs. I did send another small donation to American Rights at Work in his name. After all it was May Day and I think that is a good day throughout his family; and I'm not talking about pole dancing!

http://wyattgabriel.blogspot.com/

For those that contacted the “Spirits” on the mountain and at the coast, thank you. As you help these worthy causes, if you can, the “spirits” will be with you:

Wally's Walkers, soon to have a picture: http://walkorc.nationalmssociety.org/site/TR?pg=teamlist&fr_id=10490

Brandee is still looking for help also.
http://marchforbabies.org/personal_page.asp?w=21019798&u=brandeenull&bt=2

Keep those ads going Mary Beth Maxwell, and arn't they getting better!

http://www.americanrightsatwork.org

Do you know of any women, young or old and interested in what else is out there for different careers I would encourage you to save the dates for the Women in Trades Fair, May 14,15,16 check out http://www.tradeswomen.net

OTHER STUFF AND COMMUNICATIONS

I hope everyone can share the American Rights at work website so my small donation can be utilized to it’s fullest extent. I did send them second small donation, because they are still doing the Lords work.

Please, You can share the American Rights, the MS walk, the March of Dimes walk and the recovery websites; so my taxes and donations can be utilized to their fullest extent.

Whether you attend a church service, a Mosque, G & L gathering, or Synagogue service, please say a prayer that God; yours, mine or ours; keeps our service men and women in the Palm of their hand. And maybe even a big prayer for my nephews Daniel, Christopher, Ryan and all the families serving.

Mike; I'm aover 1400 today and I'm feeling 4.

Now don't forget, say your prayers, and I'll see you next time on my blog.

No comments: