Thursday, May 7, 2009

CNBC talking heads - The Recession is OVER !

PERSONAL

I awoke this morning at 5:45am to a 3 about after about 10 hours of sleep. It is a bright but cool morning, I took my am pills, I put out my flag. Judi's friend Mark didn't show yesterday but we hope to see him today. I did not get to rereading the manual on my new phone, and I still don't know if I deleted the camera program, but the bad picture is still there, I wonder what Alexander Graham Bell would think? I received over 10 calls, I responded to eight of them and I never once used my voice box. In my messing with the phone I have connected it to my email and now I not only get to speak with people, text people and send and receive email. I am still reviewing my Brother-in laws and sister-in-laws MS walk pitchers they printed out. They look good and now I have to choose which to try to put on my blog. More how to reading today I guess.

I still want to see the “majority” in the United States Senate get to 60 but not at the expense of the Free Choice Act. HMMM, I wonder if Specter was putting his name out there for consideration to the Supreme Court? I wonder if it's time for that Lloyd Bensten vs Dan Quale repeat? “Senator, I knew John Kennedy, I served with John Kennedy, I worked with John Kennedy; and Senator your no Mark Hatfield............uh...... John Kennedy”!

POLITICAL

Hey, Oregon Guard, the Salem Legislatures got your Back.

I got asked by the Obama Campaign people to write a letter to the editor of support for him and I did. They said they would try to get it published in a couple local newspapers. And I'll wish them luck right here and hope this blog is not the only place it gets published.

Thank you for sharing the the story of our movement with your newspaper—and for growing this movement.
Organizing for America
From
William Mehrens
11817 SE 119th Ave
Clackamas, OR 97086
503-***-****

The Oregonian (Portland), Statesman Journal (Salem)
Subject
President Obama's Budget and Recovery Plan

Message

I do like the Oregon Speaker of the house but I'm asking why the Oregon Democrats don't support President Obama and his efforts to get us off of foreign oil, encourage clean coal technology, and put Oregonians back to work on good union jobs with health care and other benefits? Their stand against the Natural Gas facility at Bradwood Landing on the Columbia River, and their fight against PGE making the Generating Plant at Boardman a "Clean Coal" generating plant. We are talking about over 1,000 Union jobs with health care and pensions. Come on Oregon lets give Obama a hand. Oregon Democrats don't support President Obama and his efforts to get us off of foreign oil, encourage clean coal technology, and put Oregonians back to work on good union jobs with health care and other benefits? Their stand against the Natural Gas facility at Bradwood Landing on the Columbia River, and their fight against PGE making the Generating Plant at Boardman a "Clean Coal" generating plant. We are talking about over 1,000 Union jobs with health care and pensions. Come on Oregon lets give Obama a hand.

Millions of regular Americans like me are working with President Obama to change the country.

By the President’s 100th day in office, we gathered hundreds of thousands of signatures and made hundreds of thousands of calls to Congress in support of President Obama’s budget.

The budget makes crucial investments in health care, energy, and education.

But the budget was just the first step in a bold plan to rebuild our economy and put our country back on the right track. It’s up to us to make that change a reality.

This grassroots movement for change starts with people right here in [your city or town], who finally have a voice in our government and our politics.

Learn more about how you can get involved at www.barackobama.com

Thank you for sharing the the story of our movement with your newspaper—and for growing this movement.
Organizing for America


It's graduation time and I hope the next leg in the life of all the graduates is exiting and successful. I know there is 8%+ unemployment out there and these new graduates will add to that number, but remember summer employment is temporary and a great investment in this country's future.

I still like the Oregon Speaker but I'm still asking why the Oregon Democrats, don't support President Obama and his efforts to get us off of foreign oil, encourage clean coal technology, and put Oregonians back to work on good union jobs with health care and other benefits? He has got a “Town Hall” coming up. I'm not going to be able to make it but maybe someone will ask? See the above letter for talking points if you wish.

There is still much debate in congress going on on the bailouts and T.A.R.P. But neither I nor my Sister in Washington State have seen any positive signs.

SPORTS

I'm still a Mariners fan, but I thought I saw as many Mariners in the Met's, Phillies Game last night. That kid from “Butte” behind the plate is doing pretty darn good still, does that mean Kenji is headed some where?

Are the Dodgers still undefeated at home? I still haven't seen a report on the Cubs Ace, Zambrano, I hope all is well. The Cubs are sure banged up.

C0MMUNITY ORGANIZERS

NWOLC's Labor Appreciation is coming up, I hope you all have your tickets! We got ours, now all I have to do is schedule a nap.

The Helena AOH is still raising funds for their to-do, The Meagher Memorial at Fort Benton Montana. Donations can be sent to The Meagher Memorial at PO Box 1916; Helena Montana 59624. With the many Irish followers I have, maybe I can give them some aid.

As a future Teamster, I'm sure, Wyatt supports the Employee Free Choice Act, and after all it was May Day when I did it and I think that is a good day throughout his family; and I'm not talking about pole dancing!

http://wyattgabriel.blogspot.com/

For those that contacted the “Spirits” on the mountain and at the coast, thank you. As you help these worthy causes, if you can, the “spirits” will be with you:

Wally's Walkers, soon to have a picture: http://walkorc.nationalmssociety.org/site/TR?pg=teamlist&fr_id=10490

Brandee is still looking for help also.
http://marchforbabies.org/personal_page.asp?w=21019798&u=brandeenull&bt=2

Keep those ads going Mary Beth Maxwell, and they are getting better!

http://www.americanrightsatwork.org

Do you know of any women, young or old and interested in what else is out there for different careers I would encourage you to save the dates for the Women in Trades Fair, May 14,15,16 check out:

http://www.tradeswomen.net

OTHER STUFF AND COMMUNICATIONS

I hope everyone can share the American Rights at work website so my small donation can be utilized to it’s fullest extent. I did send them another small donation, because they are still doing the Lords work.

Please, You can share the American Rights, the MS walk, the March of Dimes walk and the recovery websites; so my taxes and donations can be utilized to their fullest extent.

Whether you attend a church service, a Mosque, G & L gathering, or Synagogue service, please say a prayer that God; yours, mine or ours; keeps our service men and women in the Palm of their hand. And maybe even a big prayer for my nephews Daniel, Christopher, and Ryan and all the families serving.

Mike; I'm almost 1400 again and I'm feeling 4.

Now don't forget, say your prayers, and I'll see you next time on my blog.

No comments: