Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Sonia Sotomayor

PERSONAL

I awoke this morning at 5:30am to a 3 and a beautiful morning. I took my am pills, put my flag out and settled into my Lazy Boy for 2 quick massages.

I turned my TV onto the regular fodder channels, C-span, CNN, CNBC and the local news. I apologize to all my cousins for forgetting Putt on my first Hero post yesterday; but he really did deserve a special post.

Today I will be attempting to try out some format changes. I am going to try to incorporate a permanent “Hero's” box, and a “pay pal” box for direct connections for MY charities of choice. If it works the way I want a donation there goes to me for distribution to one of the many I report on in my “Community Organizers” section and I will try to keep a running tally. I will also try to keep posting the direct links.
And yes, Erin, I will try to get a personal Picture both here and on my face book page.

I will still report we have 1 more graduate to celebrate here. Nephew (and Godson) Michael from Evergreen High School. His plan, I believe, is to go to Pasadena Community College in California starting in October. I'll have too check and see how good their Baseball program is.

POLITICAL

What DID happen in Astoria last Thursday? Come on Salem, Get behind the President.

Health Care Now !

CNN is reporting President Obama has made a selection for a nominee to the Supreme Court, Sonia Sotomayor. From the 2nd circuit court of appeals. Another real American Dream Story.

Obama did say it was her decision on the Baseball strike that “Saved Baseball”.

Kudlow, the resident curmudgeon on CNBC, is calling this time, “The Communization” of the government.

President Obama, I am still giving you a B, but a B+. (Yes we Can)

I'm going to also try to get some yellow ribbons up today.

Bring our people home!

At the 11th Hour, on the 11th Day, of the 11th Month a cease fire was signed to end the war to end all wars in 1918. How's that worked out so far?

SPORTS

The Cubs finally started to get some hits. Thank goodness the Dodgers are coming to town this week. :-o

The Mariners are back to 500, I think, isn't that above average?

COMMUNITY ORGANIZERS

American Rights at Work.

Are there better Community Organizations than the National Guard or the USO?

OTHER STUFF AND COMMUNICATIONS
T
he DOW IS up 150+ and OIL & GAS are down.

I did try to send an email to nephew Daniel. I used the address I had from his deployment in 2008 but I'm not sure if it's the same. I'm still waiting for an address from Trina or Dannette.

Please, I hope everyone can share the American Rights at Work, the MS walk, the March of Dimes walk, The Epilepsy Run/Walk and the Recovery websites; so my taxes and donations can be utilized to their fullest extent.

Whether you attend a church service, a Mosque, G & L gathering, or Synagogue service, please say a prayer that God; yours, mine or ours; keeps our service men and women in the Palm of their hand.

And maybe even a special prayer for my nephews Daniel, Christopher, Ryan and all the families separated right now.

For all those who went up the hill yesterday, THANK YOU.

Mike; I'm just over 600 and I'm feeling 4+.

Now don't forget, say your prayers, and I'll see you next time on my blog.

No comments: