Thursday, May 21, 2009

President Obama needs help in Astoria Tonight.

PERSONAL

I slept in this morning until 7am and awoke to a 3 and a beautiful morning. I took my am pills, put my flag out and settled into my Lazy Boy for 2 quick massages. I have tuned into my regular fodder TV stations and will be reporting in the appropriate sections.

I have finally got onto face book but I am now trying to organize my “friends”. I have sent out new notices and I imagine those that have been getting them are as confused as I.

I have at least 2 more graduates to celebrate. Nephew (and Godson) Michael from Evergreen High School. And my good friend Donna's son, Jusef Ali Word did graduate from the University of Puget Sound. I think he is graduating as the 2009 class president. I did get him a card, but being the slow mover I am, I haven't sent it off yet. I did hear from his Mom today, and it was an excellent ceremony, but also a long weekend. I now know some of what he plans for his future. Donna informed me he is heading into the Americorp program. I am sure he will be successful at whatever road he takes. I would advise Senator Murray, Senator Cantwell, and Congressman Baird again to take notice.

I know many of the thoughts that I post are repetitive, but that is mostly because they are important issues and thoughts to me, and as you all know, I am sort of lazy.

I did also talk to John M., who is back from the legislative conference and reported it was relatively uneventful. I'll be seeing him tomorrow and we will be seeing if PICC has a future.

POLITICAL

My first check on C-span showed that the Republicans are really expressing their anti-union bias and complaining about the help given to the Auto Companies. The Presidents' announcement on the new CAFE standards has been receiving much debate. CNBC talking heads are reporting it appears that OIL and GAS prices seem to be stabilizing at around $60 a barrel and $1.80 a gallon. The DOW is down over 180 points, and gold is up to $950+. Everyone is getting ready for the post memorial Day driving season. Erin Burnett, CNBC is reporting from Nigeria and wondering if the government has their workers under control ?

If you can, both The Obama Recovery Plan (1,000 union jobs) and his Energy Independence Plan (American produced Natural Gas) need help tonight, right her in Astoria.

ANTI-LNG MTG 7PM TONIGHT MAY 21,2009 IN ASTORIA 20 BASIN STREET

SPORTS

The Mariners are home again tonight, and they didn't wait till the 9th inning yesterday to score the winning run. Griffey knocked in Ichiro in the first inning and their one run stood up, waiting till the 9th inning is pretty intense with all us believers. Hopefully tonights game won't be decided in the 9th inning, but will be a Mariners win with a run away. I did see some of the Cubs at the Cardinals yesterday, more tension, maybe tonight, not as much.

COMMUNITY ORGANIZERS

NWOLC's Labor Appreciation is coming up, I hope you all have your tickets! We got ours, now all I have to do is schedule a nap.

The Helena AOH is still raising funds for their to-do, The Meagher Memorial at Fort Benton Montana. Donations can be sent to The Meagher Memorial at PO Box 1916; Helena Montana 59624. With the many Irish followers I have, maybe I can give them some aid. I'll be sending them a check today, thanks to the spirits on the Mountain.

http://hibernian.org/statewide/index.html

The ongoing saga of:

http://wyattgabriel.blogspot.com/

More pictures? Not yet.

Get Involved

World MS Day is May 27. Join the Global Movement!
More than two million people worldwide live with MS. This year, for the first time, 80 MS organizations around the globe are taking part in World MS Day on May 27, 2009 to build awareness about the disease to move us closer to a world free of multiple sclerosis.
See how you can get involved >>

http://walkorc.nationalmssociety.org/site/TR?pg=teamlist&fr_id=10490
Brandee's race was apparently successful, but wet, and I'm sure she is still looking for help.

http://marchforbabies.org/personal_page.asp?w=21019798&u=brandeenull&bt=2

Keep those ads going Mary Beth Maxwell, http://www.americanrightsatwork.org

I will be adding a link for Denise and the Epilepsy walk/run as soon as I get the information.

OTHER STUFF AND COMMUNICATIONS

I hope everyone can share the American Rights at work website so my small donations can be utilized to there fullest extent. They are still doing the Lords work.

Please, You can share the American Rights, the MS walk, the March of Dimes walk and the recovery websites; so my taxes and donations can be utilized to their fullest extent.

Whether you attend a church service, a Mosque, G & L gathering, or Synagogue service, please say a
prayer that God; yours, mine or ours; keeps our service men and women in the Palm of their hand.

And maybe even a special prayer for my nephews Daniel, Christopher and Ryan and all their families.

Mike; I'm almost 790 and I'm feeling 4.

Now don't forget, say your prayers, and I'll see you next time on my blog.

No comments: