Monday, May 18, 2009

OBAMA AT NOTRE DAME WAS AWESOME

PERSONAL

I awoke this morning at 5:30am to a 3 and a beautiful morning. I took my am pills, put my flag out and settled into my Lazy Boy for 2 quick massages. My Business Card design should be revue able today and I'm looking forward to them.

I really did enjoy Denise's party at Bobbie and Dennis' and the arrival of the surprise guests were actually a real surprise to Denise. They can really take pride in their home, and they do. As to the fact that my skills and abilities are still behind that 2 to 3 month old publisher, that blog may be the best place to review the celebration. Dennis (super popular cause he was the cook) did have a RED shirt on with a certain logo! I wonder if he is allowed to wear it when Dan is home? I did send Tim an email when I got home Saturday night, but he's sort of old, so he may have forgotten.

Also; Judi and I gave Denise the name of the best restaurant in D. C. and she is really looking forward to her trip. I hope she goes by to see her Congressman, Brian Baird and his office is very attentive to her, She is very in tune in his district and has many voters who are friends and relatives.

I have at least 2 more graduates to celebrate. Nephew (and Godson) Michael from Evergreen High School. And my good friend Donna's son Jusef Ali Word is graduating from the University of Puget Sound. I think he is graduating as the 2009 class president. I am not sure what he plans for his future, but I am sure he will be successful at whatever road he takes. I would advise Senator Murray, Senator Cantwell, and Congressman Baird to take notice.

POLITICAL

I watched C-span and President Obama's commencement speech. After I watched for the second time I told Judi I thought it rated right up there with the “Ask not what your Country can do for you” and “I have a dream” speeches, maybe even at the top. I'll be looking for a link to put on my blog as it is a speech everyone should hear.

Now; I'll repeat this again because it appears that, after that bi-partisan summit at the White House to reach agreement to do something about health care, some of those that agreed at the meeting are funding the fight against health care. I'm not sure if my good friend Bruce T. is tuned in to this fight, or this blog yet, but I'm sure he can relate the hill President Obama is climbing.

I did get the following message from Organizing for America. I am going to join this fight, and for all you wonderful people trying to decide what to get a 59 year old retiree celebrating getting to 59 on July 28th, who has great health care right now, just not great health, please join with me.

William --

The fight to fix America's healthcare system is here. Monday, President Obama laid out his roadmap by announcing three principles for healthcare reform and calling on Congress to act this year. Hundreds of thousands of us joined that call online. Then -- yesterday morning -- Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi responded, pledging to bring real healthcare reform to a vote by July 31st!

Special interest lobbyists and partisan ideologues will now go into overdrive, spreading distortions and twisting arms in D.C. to water down the final plan -- or stop it entirely. They did it before, and they're betting they can do it again. But they're forgetting something: you.

Will you sign up now to pledge a monthly $15 donation to power our healthcare campaign?

Your ongoing support will give us the confidence to plan and the resources to win.

SPORTS

The Dodgers are still winning without Manny. The Mariners are definitely home, but waiting till the 9th inning is pretty intense with all us believers.

That fund raiser for Jamie Moyers children's charitable Foundation with Cal Ripken should be an awesome event if you can make it.

COMMUNITY ORGANIZERS

NWOLC's Labor Appreciation is coming up, I hope you all have your tickets! We got ours, now all I have to do is schedule a nap.

The Helena AOH is still raising funds for their to-do, The Meagher Memorial at Fort Benton Montana. Donations can be sent to The Meagher Memorial at PO Box 1916; Helena Montana 59624. With the many Irish followers I have, maybe I can give them some aid. I'll be sending them a check today, thanks to the spirits on the Mountain.

http://hibernian.org/statewide/index.html

The ongoing saga of: More pictures?
http://wyattgabriel.blogspot.com/


Get Involved

World MS Day is May 27. Join the Global Movement!
More than two million people worldwide live with MS. This year, for the first time, 80 MS organizations around the globe are taking part in World MS Day on May 27, 2009 to build awareness about the disease to move us closer to a world free of multiple sclerosis.
See how you can get involved >>

http://walkorc.nationalmssociety.org/site/TR?pg=teamlist&fr_id=10490

Brandee is still looking for help also.

http://marchforbabies.org/personal_page.asp?w=21019798&u=brandeenull&bt=2
Keep those ads going Mary Beth Maxwell, http://www.americanrightsatwork.org

I hope the Women in Trades Fair went well.

http://www.tradeswomen.net

OTHER STUFF AND COMMUNICATIONS

I hope everyone can share the American Rights at work website so my small donations can be utilized to there fullest extent. They are still doing the Lords work.

Please, You can share the American Rights, the MS walk, the March of Dimes walk and the recovery websites; so my taxes and donations can be utilized to their fullest extent.

Whether you attend a church service, a Mosque, G & L gathering, or Synagogue service, please say a
prayer that God; yours, mine or ours; keeps our service men and women in the Palm of their hand.

And maybe even a special prayer for my nephews Daniel, Christopher and Ryan and all their families.

Mike; I'm almost 1100 again and I'm feeling 4.

Now don't forget, say your prayers, and I'll see you next time on my blog.

No comments: