Friday, May 15, 2009

HEALTH CARE TODAY !

PERSONAL

I awoke this morning at 7am to a 3 and a beautiful morning. I took my am pills, put my flag out and settled into my Lazy Boy for 2 quick massages. I counted out my “stash” from yesterday's successful trip to the Mountain, where the spirits were even kind to Judi. I did review my email message from Schwab and after 4/5 tries I still do not have an account yet, I don't think? The account “manager” that called after my last attempt assured me it would be a simple process, and I did get further along, and I am supposed to be getting something buy USPS but no luck so far.
I did finish the design for my Business Card and emailed it off to Hollywood Impress so I would have a legal bug and I hope to hear today If and when that will be accomplished.
I did have a nice visit with Darice and she told me her Dad is doing well. He has become a “snow bird”. A profession I have often considered as a second profession, but alas, at least for now, my traveling is limited.

I may share my business card design (such as it is) with you in this post some where I deem it appropriate. Although, If I do post it on my blog it may be a disincentive to get out and spread them around, or for the throngs of people to stop by, even though I did not put my address on this first draft.

POLITICAL

I did get the following message from Organizing for America. I am going to join this fight, and for all you wonderful people trying to decide what to get a 59 year old retiree celebrating getting to 59 on July 28th, who has great health care right now, just not great health, please join with me:

William --

The fight to fix America's healthcare system is here. Monday, President Obama laid out his roadmap by announcing three principles for healthcare reform and calling on Congress to act this year. Hundreds of thousands of us joined that call online. Then -- yesterday morning -- Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi responded, pledging to bring real healthcare reform to a vote by July 31st!

Special interest lobbyists and partisan ideologues will now go into overdrive, spreading distortions and twisting arms in D.C. to water down the final plan -- or stop it entirely. They did it before, and they're betting they can do it again. But they're forgetting something: you.

Will you sign up now to pledge a monthly $15 donation to power our healthcare campaign?

Your ongoing support will give us the confidence to plan and the resources to win.

SPORTS

Both Judi and I won on that away series yesterday, in that sport, that my brother Mike does not consider a sport.

The Dodgers are winning without Manny. The Mariners are finally home. The Orioles still have the best owner in baseball, and........ My replacement at CPBT is quite the man! While working on the Columbia Crossing Bridge project he did get a small break in his lobbying trip, he did get to see the Orioles in action.

Manny got busted for taking a player enhancement banned substance, I just didn't know the league was concerned about both types of bats.

And, no “unnamed”, I won't mention anything about your prowess and the length of a baseball game.

COMMUNITY ORGANIZERS

NWOLC's Labor Appreciation is coming up, I hope you all have your tickets! We got ours, now all I have to do is schedule a nap.

The Helena AOH is still raising funds for their to-do, The Meagher Memorial at Fort Benton Montana. Donations can be sent to The Meagher Memorial at PO Box 1916; Helena Montana 59624. With the many Irish followers I have, maybe I can give them some aid.

http://hibernian.org/statewide/index.html

The ongoing saga of:
http://wyattgabriel.blogspot.com/

For those that contacted the “Spirits” on the mountain yesterday, thank you.

Do you want more pictures?

World MS Day is May 27. Join the Global Movement!

More than two million people worldwide live with MS. This year, for the first time, 80 MS organizations around the globe are taking part in World MS Day on May 27, 2009 to build awareness about the disease to move us closer to a world free of multiple
sclerosis.

See how you can get involved

http://walkorc.nationalmssociety.org/site/TR?pg=teamlist&fr_id=10490

Brandee is still looking for help also.

http://marchforbabies.org/personal_page.asp?w=21019798&u=brandeenull&bt=2

Keep those ads going Mary Beth Maxwell, http://www.americanrightsatwork.org

I hope the Women in Trades Fair is going well, two days left, counting today.

http://www.tradeswomen.net

OTHER STUFF AND COMMUNICATIONS

I hope everyone can share the American Rights at work website so my small donations can be utilized to there fullest extent. They are still doing the Lords work.

Please, You can share the American Rights, the MS walk, the March of Dimes walk and the recovery websites; so my taxes and donations can be utilized to their fullest extent.

Whether you attend a church service, a Mosque, G & L gathering, or Synagogue service, please say a prayer that God; yours, mine or ours; keeps our service men and women in the Palm of their hand.

And maybe even a special prayer for my nephews Daniel, Christopher and Ryan and all their families.

Mike; I'm at 999, it's Friday and I'm feeling 4+.

Now don't forget, say your prayers, and I'll see you next time on my blog.

No comments: