Thursday, May 14, 2009

WOMEN IN TRADES FAIR OPENS TODAY

PERSONAL

I awoke this morning at 6:45am to a 3 after 8+ hours of sleep. It is a sunny, dry, cool morning, I took my am pills, I settled into my chair to check my Power ball numbers and start gathering fodder in the normal way. TV on, local news, C-span, CNN, and CNBC. I checked my email to find the message asking for help for President Obama. The message was concerning his health care summit Monday and I will elaborate in the POLITICAL section. Fodder to follow in appropriate sections

After Judith's expert assistance on being able to post a Wally's Walkers Pitcher, I did get one up yesterday.

Judi brought my scooter battery in to charge and we will be making a trip to the mountain today, a couple hours anyway.

After my posting yesterday about Dianna and Dougs “situation”, in the interest full disclosure, I must say ,I am not a traditional Matchmaker. However, Elsie Marie Bloch does have a good flow.

After watching Bill Moyers Journal Friday night I have another book and Author to recommend. The Author is a women named Sarah Lawrence-Lightfoot, and her newest book is named “The Third Chapter”. I think I'll check out Judi's website and see if I can get a few copies. Probably a good retirement gift.

POLITICAL

Hey, Oregon Guard, the Salem Legislatures got your Back.

Yesterday from Obama for America:

Monday morning, an unlikely gathering of health care industry and union leaders emerged from the White House, announcing a historic agreement to lower medical costs and save the average family up to $2,500. This kind of broad coalition would have been unthinkable in the past, when the old politics of division and short-term self interest held sway. But this is a new day.

Yesterday afternoon, President Obama announced the three bedrock principles that any comprehensive health care reform must achieve: (1) reduce costs, (2) guarantee choice, and (3) ensure all Americans have quality, affordable health care. And he set a hard goal for getting it done by the end of this year.

For those determined to oppose reform, the President's announcement means lobbyists are already scrambling across D.C. For the rest of us, it means there's no time to lose. As we speak, Congress is negotiating the details for health care reform, so the first step is showing where the American people stand.

At least some one is still working to help “Bail Out” Home Owners that may have been taken advantage of by the Banks:

I received a very well done “Capital News” newsletter from my State Representative, Brent Barton. And it does have a bug.

Coffee's the first and third Saturday's of the month.

Still a hero:

Dick Durbin, Senator for Illinois Official site. Features audio and video greetings, plus press releases and news on issues and legislation. Includes biography, state-specific resources, ...

Still no reports on my attempted letters to the editor, the Oregonian, Statesman Journal or the Columbian. I'll check their websites later today.

If I have any readers out there that take the Oregonian, Statesman Journal or Columbian, please watch for my letter.

It's graduation time and I hope the next leg in the life of all the graduates is exiting and successful. I know there is 8%+ unemployment out there and these new graduates will add to that number, but remember summer employment is temporary and a great investment in this country's future.

There is still much debate in congress going on about the bailouts and T.A.R.P.; neither I nor my Sister in Washington State have seen any positive signs. Help us out Senator Durbin! My voters report said Senator Durbin's bill passed? Someone must be mistaken.

SPORTS

The Portland Beavers seem like a good buy right now.

Mariners did lose yesterday but they did hang in there till the 9th inning. I'll bet they will be glad to get home for awhile. It also looks like Randy Johnson MAY get his 300th win in Seattle. Isn't that where they started?

Marty's Dodgers are still rolling.

C0MMUNITY ORGANIZERS

NWOLC's Labor Appreciation is coming up, I hope you all have your tickets! We got ours, now all I have to do is schedule a nap.

The Helena AOH is still raising funds for their to-do, The Meagher Memorial at Fort Benton Montana. Donations can be sent to The Meagher Memorial at PO Box 1916; Helena Montana 59624. With the many Irish followers I have, maybe I can give them some aid. I did email uncle Hank to see if they have a website for their fund raiser.

Here it is: http://hibernian.org/

Doug's bragging: http://wyattgabriel.blogspot.com/

May 27th is World MS Day:

Wally's Walkers, we have a picture: http://walkorc.nationalmssociety.org/site/TR?pg=teamlist&fr_id=10490 I'll try to get a new one up today. Don't forget May 27th World MS Day.

Brandee is still looking for help also.
http://marchforbabies.org/personal_page.asp?w=21019798&u=brandeenull&bt=2

Keep those ads going Mary Beth Maxwell, and they are getting better!

http://www.americanrightsatwork.org
Do you know of any women, young or old and interested in what else is out there for different careers I would encourage you attend Women in Trades Fair, at IBEW 48. Check it out it started today with hopefully a good turnout.

OTHER STUFF AND COMMUNICATIONS

I hope everyone can share the American Rights at work website so my small donation can be utilized to it’s fullest extent. And I hope someone else besides me responds that venal, and innacurate, Columbian Editorial.

Please, You can share the American Rights, the MS walk, the March of Dimes walk, the recovery website and the Meagher Memorial fundraisers so my taxes and donations can be utilized to their fullest extent.

Whether you attend a church service, a Mosque, G & L gathering, or Synagogue service, please say a prayer that God; yours, mine or ours; keeps our service men and women in the Palm of their hand. And maybe even a big prayer for my nephews Daniel, Christopher, Ryan and all the families serving.

Mike; I'm over 1000 and I'm feeling 4+, and off to the mountain.

Now don't forget, say your prayers, and I'll see you next time on my blog

No comments: