Sunday, May 17, 2009

CONGRATULATIONS DENISE

PERSONAL

I awoke this morning at 7:45am to a 3 and a beautiful morning. I took my am pills, put my flag out, checked my email and settled into my Lazy Boy for 2 quick massages.

My Business Card design should be revue able Monday and I'm looking forward to them.

I really did enjoy Denise's party at Bobbie and Dennis' and the arrival of the surprise guests were actually a real surprise of Denise. I am sure that the Wyatt Gabriel blog will have lots of reports. It is amazing to me how much change in their neighborhood has happened. They can really take pride in their home, and they do. As to the fact that my skills and abilities are still behind that 2 to 3 month old publisher, that blog may be the best place to review the celebration. Denise's brother Dan could not make it but they did leave up most of the “Duck” stuff on the Patio, so Dan should not be bothered, although, Dennis (super popular cause he was the cook) did have a RED shirt on with a certain logo! I also got to catch up with old friends, and relatives, including Patty and Tim. I did send Tim an email when I got home last night, but he's sort of old, so he may have forgotten.

Also; Judi and I gave Denise the name of the best restaurant in D. C. and she is really looking forward to her trip. I hope she goes by to see her Congressman, Brian Baird and his office is very attentive, She is very in tune in his district and has many voters who are friends and relatives.

POLITICAL

I am watching C-span and they are at Notre Dame getting ready to cover the Obama speech and getting ready for “the big protest”. In the election of the first Catholic President there were so many worried that if Kennedy were elected the Pope would run the U.S. Many came to his defense as potentially the first Catholic President. Are some of those same people that stood up for President Kennedy helping coordinate the protesters today. Could that be considered hypocritical?
I did get to hear the introduction of President Obama and it was very well done and between the President's opening remarks he recieved many ovations and only one rude interuption. I haven't completely watched all of Obama's remarks, but what I have heard, I not only think he hit a home run, I think he is going for the cycle.

His address is not over yet but I hope every college graduate coul hear it.

Now; I'll repeat the following, because it appears that after last weeks bi-partisan summit at the White House, an attempt to reach agreement to do something about health care, some of those that agreed at the meeting are funding the fight against President's health care. ---

I did get the following message from Organizing for America. I am going to join this fight, and for all you wonderful people trying to decide what to get a 59 year old retiree celebrating getting to 59 on July 28th, who has great health care right now, just not great health, please join with me.

William --

The fight to fix America's healthcare system is here. Monday, President Obama laid out his roadmap by announcing three principles for healthcare reform and calling on Congress to act this year. Hundreds of thousands of us joined that call online. Then -- yesterday morning -- Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi responded, pledging to bring real healthcare reform to a vote by July 31st!

Special interest lobbyists and partisan ideologues will now go into overdrive, spreading distortions and twisting arms in D.C. to water down the final plan -- or stop it entirely. They did it before, and they're betting they can do it again. But they're forgetting something: you.

Will you sign up now to pledge a monthly $15 donation to power our healthcare campaign?

Your ongoing support will give us the confidence to plan and the resources to win.

SPORTS

The Dodgers are still winning without Manny. The Mariners are finally home, but Randy Johnson will not have a chance to get to 300 in Seattle, it appears.

The Orioles still have the best owner in baseball.

Manny got busted for taking a player enhancement banned substance, I just didn't know the league was concerned about both types of bats. And, no “unnamed”, I won't mention anything about your prowess and the length of a baseball game. And I promise to drop the subject after today.

COMMUNITY ORGANIZERS

NWOLC's Labor Appreciation is coming up, I hope you all have your tickets! We got ours, now all I have to do is schedule a nap.

The Helena AOH is still raising funds for their to-do, The Meagher Memorial at Fort Benton Montana. Donations can be sent to The Meagher Memorial at PO Box 1916; Helena Montana 59624. With the many Irish followers I have, maybe I can give them some aid.

http://hibernian.org/statewide/index.html

The ongoing saga of:
http://wyattgabriel.blogspot.com/
I would be surprised if this site did not have new pitures today.

Get Involved

World MS Day is May 27. Join the Global Movement!
More than two million people worldwide live with MS. This year, for the first time, 80 MS organizations around the globe are taking part in World MS Day on May 27, 2009 to build awareness about the disease to move us closer to a world free of multiple sclerosis.
See how you can get involved:

http://walkorc.nationalmssociety.org/site/TR?pg=teamlist&fr_id=10490

Brandee is still looking for help also.

http://marchforbabies.org/personal_page.asp?w=21019798&u=brandeenull&bt=2

Keep those ads going Mary Beth Maxwell, http://www.americanrightsatwork.org

OTHER STUFF AND COMMUNICATIONS

I hope everyone can share the American Rights at work website so my small donations can be utilized to there fullest extent. They are still doing the Lords work.

Please, You can share the American Rights, the MS walk, the March of Dimes walk and the recovery websites; so my taxes and donations can be utilized to their fullest extent.

Whether you attend a church service, a Mosque, G & L gathering, or Synagogue service, please say a
prayer that God; yours, mine or ours; keeps our service men and women in the Palm of their hand.

And maybe even a special prayer for my nephews Daniel, Christopher and Ryan and all their families.

Mike; I'm over 1000 again and I'm feeling 4+.

Now don't forget, say your prayers, and I'll see you next time on my blog.

No comments: