Tuesday, May 12, 2009

GRAMMA DIANNA

PERSONAL

I awoke this morning at 5:45am to a 3- after 9+ hours of sleep. It is a cloudy, dry cool morning, I took my am pills, I put out my flag. I checked my email to find a message from my Uncle Hank. I had asked him if the Helena AOH had a website that may help with their fund raising efforts? He reponded that they did and I went directly there and received a fine history lesson, and I will try to incorporate a permanent link here on my blog. (in my COMMUNITY ORGANIZERS SEC TION). I also checked on a message received from my mega vote mail notification service that appeared to conflict with previous messages I've published.. (POLITICAL SECTION) I then tuned into my regular sources for Blog Fodder. C-span, CNN, CNBC and the local news. C-span 1 was running a hearing on health care at the Senator Baucus Finance Committee. C-span showed the senate in Quorum call. CNBC showed the market down single digits, and the talking heads were winig like crazy, to much to listen to for very long. I am sure I won't be the only unpublished responder, but I did respond.
We did get word this morning that Dianna is a Gramma, and Michael Shamus and I were right on the date, but just by ½ hour. Elsie Marie Ostron, Catholic and Jewish parents............is there a trend developing?

I still did not get around to rereading the manual on my new phone, today hopefully.

After watching Bill Moyers Journal Friday night I have another book and Author to recommend. The Author is a women named Sarah Lawrence-Lightfoot, and her newest book is named “The Third Chapter”.

POLITICAL

Hey, Oregon Guard, the Salem Legislatures got your Back.

At least some one is still working to help “Bail Out” Home Owners that may have been taken advantage of by the Banks:

Dick Durbin, Senator for Illinois Official site. Features audio and video greetings, plus press releases and news on issues and legislation. Includes biography, state-specific resources, ...

I got asked by the Obama Campaign people to write a letter to the editor of support for him and I did. They said they would try to get it published in a couple local newspapers, it's too bad the Columbian was not one of them. I'll wish them luck right here and hope this blog is not the only place it gets published. I'll be checking their websites to see if it gets published, as I am not a subscriber any of them. I did send my phone number, so they could verify if it was the “real”me, but I haven't heard from either the Oregonian or Statesman Journal yet.

If I have any readers out there that take the Oregonian, or Statesman Journal please watch for my letter.

It's graduation time and I hope the next leg in the life of all the graduates is exiting and successful. I know there is 8%+ unemployment out there and these new graduates will add to that number, but remember summer employment is temporary and a great investment in this country's future, and besides I told my nephew I would match whatever he could earn and save for college this summer.
I also discovered, again, what a small world we live in. He is going to be going for an interview with Comcast for that summer job. His friend helped set the interview up. His friends last name is Darr. I mentioned to him I served on the Washington State building Trades Executive Board with an Alan Darr. I told him I thought he was a good guy and they may be related. He did some checking (texting) and found out they are cousins.

There is still much debate in congress going on about the bailouts and T.A.R.P. But neither I nor my Sister in Washington State have seen any positive signs. Help us out Senator Durbin! My voters report said his bill passed?

SPORTS

The Portland Beavers seem like a good buy right now.

C0MMUNITY ORGANIZERS

NWOLC's Labor Appreciation is coming up, I hope you all have your tickets! We got ours, now all I have to do is schedule a nap.

The Helena AOH is still raising funds for their to-do, The Meagher Memorial at Fort Benton Montana. Donations can be sent to The Meagher Memorial at PO Box 1916; Helena Montana 59624. With the many Irish followers I have, maybe I can give them some aid. I did email uncle Hank to see if they have a website for their fund raiser.

Here it is: http://hibernian.org/
HMMM, Jimmy's Grandson, Dianna's Granddaughter, is it too early to arrange that first date?

http://wyattgabriel.blogspot.com/

Wally's Walkers, soon to have a picture: http://walkorc.nationalmssociety.org/site/TR?pg=teamlist&fr_id=10490
Don't forget May 27th World MS Day.

Brandee is still looking for help also.
http://marchforbabies.org/personal_page.asp?w=21019798&u=brandeenull&bt=2
Keep those ads going Mary Beth Maxwell, and they are getting better!

http://www.americanrightsatwork.org

Do you know of any women, young or old and interested in what else is out there for different careers I would encourage you to save the dates for the Women in Trades Fair, May 14,15,16, thats this week, check out: http://www.tradeswomen.net

OTHER STUFF AND COMMUNICATIONS

I hope everyone can share the American Rights at work website so my small donation can be utilized to it’s fullest extent. I did send them another small donation, because they are still doing the Lords work. And I hope someone else besides me responds that venal, and innacurate, Columbian Editorial, I recieved an email from the Columbian, just before I posted, I'll report on it tommorrow.

Please, You can share the American Rights, the MS walk, the March of Dimes walk, the recovery website and the Meagher Memorial fundraisers so my taxes and donations can be utilized to their fullest extent.

Whether you attend a church service, a Mosque, G & L gathering, or Synagogue service, please say a prayer that God; yours, mine or ours; keeps our service men and women in the Palm of their hand. And maybe even a big prayer for my nephews Daniel, Christopher, Ryan and all the families serving.

Mike; I'm almost 1100 and I'm feeling 4.

Now don't forget, say your prayers, and I'll see you next time on my blog



.

No comments: