Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Today is a holiday and Brian still has a sense of humor, sort of.

PERSONAL

I awoke this morning at 6:30am to a 3 after a good 10 hours of sleep. It is cloudy, soon to be wet and a cool morning, I took my am pills, I did not put out my flag, because of the wind and rain. Judi's friend Mark is coming over today to continue to rebuild my front porch. He completed the porch deck yesterday and he will be back to day to put up the hand rails and finish up. I settled into my chair for 2 massages and turned on the TV to my regular stations, Local news, C-span, CNN, and CNBC. A more extensive report is in my POLITICAL section. I still did not ge to reading the manual on my new phone, so I don't know if I deleted the camera program, but the bad picture is still there.
My Brother and sister in law did bring by some of the MS walk pitcher they printed out. They look good and now I have to choose which to try o put on my blog. More reading today I guess.
I had a good visit yesterday with my NCA. He checked the fit for my back brace and encouraged me to tighten it up. I told him I pull it as tight as I can, but if it was as tight as he got it I'm sure I could not stand it for any more than an hour or two. I also spoke to him about my nieces Fibromialsia and he repeated to me, he believed he could help. I'll call her today and see if she wants to see him.

I did hear yesterday from my old friend Brian, the Electrician in New Mexico, and he is working for Governor Richardson. It was a just short note to catch up and I'm looking forward to getting reacquainted.

I also did speak with my old friend from PICC and it looks like the get reacquainted with PICC luncheon is coming together. Burton is waiting to hear from an Owner representative, Bob Alton, a true believer, and he is a key player.

As I'm writing and watching the House of Representatives on C-span, the House Chaplin's invocation was being performed by Father Dan. The same Father Dan that we tried to implore to tie the knot between Bob and Judy at a Legislative Conference many years ago. I'm sure he would be pleased to know it did finally happen and it's holding up, so far. He also reminded us, today is Cencodymio

***WORTH REPEATING***Senator Arlen Specter, who says he is a Democrat now because the conservative republicans planned on running a conservative in the Republican Primary, in fact they are checking how their people are wearing their basball caps as we speak; his pollster said he could not win the Primary. He is still against the Employee Free Choice Act, but considers Labor Law Reform a real need. The question was raised “should a Supreme Court nominee be a Lawyer”? He said no, something I agree with him on, and then spoke of an old friend of his from the Senate, he was a legislator, a Secretary of State, a Governor and then a United States Senator, but not an attorney; and he would have made a fine Supreme Court Justice. After he named that Senator, Mark Hatfield, I asked Judi; Did she think he was trying to get back on my good side? Not gonna happen without support for the “Employee Free Choice Act”, he did repeat the lie about the loss of the ability for a secret ballot. Besides, I do think Pennsylvania democrats will have a real Democrat in their primary to vote vote for. l do want to see the “majority” get to 60 but not at the expense of the Free Choice Act. I wonder if it's time for that Lloyd Bensten vs Dan Quale debate quote.

POLITICAL

Hey, Oregon Guard, the Salem Legislatures got your Back. That's a quote from the President of the Senate!

I asked my nephew, who was being deployed, to keep me posted, and I told him I will do the same for him and his Buddies. I also noticed the large number of children there with their family members. This being my first “Muster” ceremony, I couldn't tell you if it was a normal number of children observers. While it was my first ceremony, it was my Sister and Nephew's second. That's 2, too many; as far as I'm concerned.

I'm still wondering why the Oregon Democrats, don't support President Obama and his efforts to get us off of foreign oil, encourage clean coal technology, and put Oregonians back to work on good union jobs with health care and other benefits?

Am I just too fickle because I am now only giving him a low B because of Saturdays Muster at the Memorial Coliseum for those brave and devoted Oregon National Guard men and women being deployed to Iraq, or where ever, had too many young children. Personally I'd rather they were here to be of service for Oregon.

I'M STILL ASKING Is there anyone from Senator Murray's, Senator Cantwell's or Congressman Baird's office paying attention? I am still working on that letter out to Senator Wyden on the same subject.

If any one is watching from Washington; the state or DC; I have a question. My sister has a mortgage currently with Wells Fargo with an interest rate currently over 7%. She did hear from them WF that the president (OBAMA) has a new plan to help her She was told they could refinance down to a 5% mortgage and they would send her the paperwork. The paper work offered an ARM that could go as high as 8%. I told her to package the paperwork and go visit the local office of her Congressman, Brian Baird or the Vancouver offices of either or both Senators. She thinks & I agree, WF is using the housing crisis, and the (OBAMA) housing program as a scam. I sure hope SOMEONE can tell me that President Obama is not part of this scam?

SPORTS

How about them Mariners? That Fifteen inning game apparently took too much out of them.

I hope Zambrano came gets well quick the Cubbies need him for the long hall. He has started 5-0 and is already the leading candidate for the NL Cy Young.......hell; I'd say MVP also.

C0MMUNITY ORGANIZERS

NWOLC's Labor Appreciation is coming up, I hope you all have your tickets! We got ours, now all I have to do is schedule a nap.

The Helena AOH is still raising funds for their to-do, The Meagher Memorial at Fort Benton Montana. Donations can be sent to The Meagher Memorial at PO Box 1916; Helena Montana 59624. With the many Irish followers I have, maybe I can give them some aid.

I did give a gift for the birth of that wonderful baby that is all over the blogs. I did send another small donation to American Rights at Work in his name. After all it was May Day, I joined his blog as a follower and it looked like Doug was already signing him up to the
teamsters.

http://wyattgabriel.blogspot.com/

You can still help these worthy causes, if you can, the “spirits” will be with you:

Wally's Walkers, soon to have a picture: http://walkorc.nationalmssociety.org/site/TR?pg=teamlist&fr_id=10490

Brandee is still looking for help also.
http://marchforbabies.org/personal_page.asp?w=21019798&u=brandeenull&bt=2

Keep those ads going Mary Beth Maxwell, they are getting better!

http://www.americanrightsatwork.org

Do you know of any women, young or old and interested in what else is out there for different careers I would encourage you to save the dates for the Women in Trades Fair, May 14,15,16 check out http://www.tradeswomen.net

OTHER STUFF AND COMMUNICATIONS

I hope everyone can share the American Rights at work website so my small donation can be utilized to it’s fullest extent. I did send them second small donation, because they are still doing the Lords work.

Please, You can share the American Rights, the MS walk, the March of Dimes walk and the recovery websites; so my taxes and donations can be utilized to their fullest extent.

Whether you attend a church service, a Mosque, G & L gathering, or Synagogue service, please say a prayer that God; yours, mine or ours; keeps our service men and women in the Palm of their hand. And maybe even a big prayer for my nephews Daniel, Christopher, Ryan and all the families serving.

And Dianna, if your reading, I am watching C-span and it appears the House is naming a New York post office after a candidate in that first campaign where we met. (Mondale, Ferraro)

Mike; I'm over 1500 again and I'm feeling 4.

Now don't forget, say your prayers, and I'll see you next time on my blog.

No comments: