Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentines Day

PERSONAL

I awoke this morning at 5:45am to a 3+ after a good 9+ hours of sleep, thanks, I think because I remembered my extra supplements last night. Following my am pills, and observing it was again freezing on the deck and while enjoying four sessions on my chair, I did look for report fodder on the usual TV stations; C-span, CNN, CNBC, and the local news. I also got to review last nights Bill Moyers Journal and it was a very good one. He had an author on, Eric Rouchway, with a new book “The Great Depression and The New Deal”. It’s an excellent read I’m sure.

POLITICAL

C-span was repeating a House hearing from Wednesday that peaked my interest because the Ranking Member of this particular Subcommittee was our own Greg Walden. Based on his questions and comments, it appeared to me he must have changed his mind on “Deregulation”. I am not sure if my friend Lynn, or other prominent Teamsters changed his mind on deregulation but I am sure they are happy with his apparent change of heart. Book notes on C-span was replaying the December 7th 2008 memorial to Studs Terkel. He did live long enough to see Obama elected but he did not get the chance to see him sworn in.

SPORTS

I sure hope the all-star break gives Geg Oden enough time to recover from that knee banging he got the other night.

Fantasy Golf, Fantasy Baseball??

COMMUNITY ORGANIZERS

I still believe the Obama speech should rate right up there with Kennedy’s “ask not” and King’s “I have a Dream” speeches. I am not sure, but I would imagine it can still be found on CNBC.

Mary Beth Maxwell……….http://www.americanrightsatwork.org/
For your thoughts on the recovery……….http://my.barackobama.com/recovery

OTHER STUFF & OBSERVATIONS

Happy Valentines Day Judith and Happy Birthday Oregon.

I hope everyone can share the American Rights at work website so my small donation can be utilized to it’s fullest extent.

I also hope you can share the recovery website so my taxes can be utilized to their fullest extent also.

Whether you attend a church service, a Mosque, G & L gathering, or Synagogue service, please say a prayer that God; yours, mine or ours; keeps our service men and women in the Palm of their hand.

Keep those prayers and good thoughts flowing, we all need them! They ARE working!

And Mike, today, I am just over 400.

Today I am posting at a 3+.

Well, I’ll see you next time on my blog………….

No comments: